Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joshdbah

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2008
help

hi guys i need help with this mime plug in softwear i need for my imac to view videos?

can someone pleeeease help me with what i need to do to view videos

cheers

etownsoc8

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2007
I have both necessary plug-ins and the video will play but it does not show any picture or sound. Any ideas? I have the both the plugin.plugin and the plugin.webplugin, any ways I could solve this? Thanks.

Superram13

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2009
Oregon
Getting >404 on play toolbar

I was trying to load the file on my wife's laptop but got a >404 message on what would be the play toolbar, with no video screen. Is there a fix for this? The plug-in worked great on my MAC. Thanks

moist - harry

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2009
problems :-(

Hi Ignatius,

I'd truly appreciate it if you could send the file for opening videos that requires plug-in MIME to my email address: timothyarbon@gmail.com

many thanks ;-)

videos don't seem to work on my macbook pro - this site in particular - http://www.horseracing.bigpond.com/other.aspx.

the problem below seems to come up??

The page “BigPond Sport - Horse Racing” has content of MIME type “application/x-oleobject”. Because you don’t have a plug-in installed for this MIME type, this content can’t be displayed.

are you able to help??

IgnatiusTheKing

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2007
Texas
I attached the file to a post on page 1 of this thread. Just go download it from there (much quicker/easier for everyone). Good luck!

richard.mac

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2007
51.50024, -0.12662
that horse racing video works fine for me harry as shown below.
Picture 1.png
make sure you have the most recent Apple software by opening Software Update from the Apple menu, download Flip4Mac which is linked on the first page and go here to see if you have the most recent version of Flash player.

Epheus

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2009
Can you please send me the link? I tried using the attached file but its asking me for an application to open it.

Thanks

IgnatiusTheKing

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2007
Texas
Please email me the file needed to get MIME plug in for Safari working:mad:~ I need it for my blog

Thank you so much!

Shopgal22@hotmail.com

Download the file from one of my posts on page 1 of this thread.

Can you please send me the link? I tried using the attached file but its asking me for an application to open it.

Thanks

Don't try to open it, just put it in the HD > Library > Internet Plug-ins file.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.