Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Akzel

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2008
Replace the 13" model integrated graphics with something non-Intel and I'll start to think about a new machine...

littyboy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2009
I hope they take out the 256mb gpu for the low-end 15". Who the hell would want to pay $1700 for a laptop with that kind of gpu these days? Seriously apple, give customers at least 512mb....

stockett

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2011
I've been waiting SO patiently to upgrade (i'm typing this on a 2006 black macbook!). But I think i'll bite if there is an update next week

Thing is I don't know if i'd regret it if a redesign is actually happening next year

ppilone

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2008
I'm itching for an update. My late '08 MBP is still chugging but the rumored 15" Pro/Air redesign has gotten me excited. I know I might have to wait until next year for this, but I might also pretend that every MBP rumor says this model is right around the corner.

austinguy23

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Just gimme my 15" Air already...

jwan830

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2011
Intel HD 3000 is not pro!

I will buy one if they have a better card built in for the 13"

blue22

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2010
if not in a rush then I'd wait...

Been holding off to get a MacBook Pro until an update.
Should I grab one of these or hold off till next year's Q1/2 update (if any)??

I am in no rush....

If you can hold out for another 6 months then I suspect you'll be very happy with Ivy Bridge... not that these current MBP's are slouchers in any way. ;)

paperinacup

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2005
I've had mine for 3 days. Awesome. At least best buy has no restocking fee. my luck it'll take forever to get them in stock. Hoping for usb 3 though.

CupOfJoeD

macrumors newbie
Dec 25, 2009
Just bought one and whatever it's AMAZING...

You know it's funny, I just bought a 2011 Macbook Pro 15 inch, and I use it primarily for video editing. I mean I don't want to say I'm Pro or anything like that, but what I produce is amazing, so people say :D

Then I realize, that the end product came out from a LAPTOP, :O my gosh.. I've done 6 hour reality shows at once, Motion Graphics, and other things, sure the performance on my Macbook could be better, but still nonetheless it gets the job done. I'm shocked by what occurs from this laptop, it's beautiful, outstanding, and am a happy happy owner.

Although I bought a Macbook Pro this year, a new model is always welcome, just gives me more hope to get $$$ with this current Macbook and buy the next! ;) Thanks Apple!! - Joe

Chocolatemilty

macrumors 6502a
May 17, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Hm, I guess this is great timing then.

Since I was planning on buying a refurb mbp next month, if it's worth it, I'll just get the refreshed version :)

My very exact position as well, except I was going to order my refurb 15" MBP tomorrow!!! I'll definitely be holding off, and after playing with the 13" in the Apple Store while getting my iPhone 4 replaced this week, I think ima save some money and go for that. I can use my savings for Logic Pro then! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.