Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which of the new ads was the best?

• Counselor

Votes: 36 16.7%
  • Better Results

Votes: 122 56.5%
  • Self Pity

Votes: 58 26.9%

• Total voters

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
MacVault said:
We don't want new ads! We want new C2D 13" Macbook! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Apple should assign some people to make ads, and some people to build computers. Different employees for different tasks. I'm going to write to Apple with that idea :) This would also help with all the times when Apple stops making Macs because their four Mac people are all too busy designing iPods ;)

jholzner

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2002
Champaign, IL
BenRoethig said:
I've hated these ads since the beginning and the news ones don't do anything to help. Apple could convey the same message more effectively by pushing by just showing the advantages of the Mac and they wouldn't look like a bunch of arrogant jerks going it. That being said, Gisele Bündchen needs to be in more ads.

You may hate them but Apple obviously thinks they are working well and I assume they must be since they keep making more. I'm sure they would have stopped by now if the campaign was bombing. I know several people who are PC users who like the ads and think they are funny.

mi5moav

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2004
I guess I was a bit to early on this earlier today in the Canadian section. But they first appeared around noon today on http://www.news.com... By default the sound is turned off not sure if Apple is to happy about that.

Maestro64

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2005
Philadelphia
I thought she said "Hi, I am mac humvee..."

Started to think, hmm wonder what this mac humvee is, curious why we have not heard about this before.

BanjoBanker

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2006
Mt Brook, AL
Self Pity was great!

I thought that when PC rolled over and said "let me just lay here and depreciate" I might wet my pants! As an accountant, I catch a lot of grief for being like PC. However,I always grab my trusty 12" PB when I have presentations to make, I KNOW that it will see the projector w/o any work on my part.
Look at what a 3 year old PB brings on the open market vs a three year old windows machine in terms of % of original purchase price. PCs just sit there and depreciate! :)

Maestro64

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2005
Philadelphia
BenRoethig said:
I've hated these ads since the beginning and the news ones don't do anything to help. Apple could convey the same message more effectively by pushing by just showing the advantages of the Mac and they wouldn't look like a bunch of arrogant jerks going it. That being said, Gisele Bündchen needs to be in more ads.

If they showed you in the ad, then people would never go to a mac store to find out what it is all about. The ads peek curiousity, making people laugh and wanting to find out what is the big difference.

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
MacsRgr8 said:
After seeing "Better Results", I can't wait to see "Best Result"!! :p

They are fun!

But will they actually help people cross the line?

I don't think they are trying to get an all out switch. I think they are more trying to plant seeds tat may pique people's interest next time a computer purchase comes up.

My mum had no idea Macs don't get viruses until she saw the ads.

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
iGary said:
I don't think they are trying to get an all out switch. I think they are more trying to plant seeds tat may pique people's interest next time a computer purchase comes up.

My mum had no idea Macs don't get viruses until she saw the ads.

Hmm... indeed.

This does contribute to the "coolness factor" of getting a Mac.
And somehow it did inform your mother!

Glen Quagmire

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2006
UK
Clive At Five said:
Okay, don't take this as me bashing other cultures, but couldn't they have found an attractive model who could've said, "Hi, I'm a Mac home movie" in a fashion that was easier to understand?

I mean, someone might take that as "uh oh... my Mac home Movie is going to have an accent!"

...okay not really. I just had to listen to it a couple times to figure out what she was actually saying... and not to gawk. Not at all.

-Clive

Perhaps you need your hearing tested.

gugy

macrumors 68040
Jan 31, 2005
La Jolla, CA
They are all right.
I think the novelty is wearing off.
I wish they move into a new concept, just to be different and fresh.

I really hoped to see Gisele in a bikini!:D

rockthecasbah

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Moorestown, NJ
Glen Quagmire said:
Perhaps you need your hearing tested.
No i agree with MacsRgr8, Giselle's accent was very thick and it wasn't the easiest to understand, but it wasn't like a foreign language... you got the idea of what she tried to say. It doesn't matter anyway shes gorgeous ;)

iJaz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 16, 2004
Excellent stuff! :D
Of course Better Results was good, but Self Pitty was even better. I'm glad they told about Office.

EGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 4, 2003
Now if only the UK could get one or two of 'em. Come on Apple, just one!

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
Clive At Five said:
Okay, don't take this as me bashing other cultures, but couldn't they have found an attractive model who could've said, "Hi, I'm a Mac home movie" in a fashion that was easier to understand?
I agree, she's attractive but her delivery is awful, sorry. Sounds like she says "homevee" or something. I even knew what the ad was about and it threw me for a second.

longofest

Editor emeritus
Jul 10, 2003
Falls Church, VA
New Poll in the thread

Not that I don't fully expect what will win this one, but note that there is now a poll for you guys to pick which one you liked best.

I'm with the majority so far here... Better Results rocked. :D

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Butters said:
You know I've never once seen a single one of these Get a Mac ads on TV (UK)

I have but i cant tell you which because i never bother to finish them. Also saw the Bob Dylan iPod ad quite alot

psycoswimmer

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2006
USA
Way to go Apple. :D

Better Results was the best, but I liked how they talked about Office in Self Pity. The Counseling one was okay. Just okay. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.