Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wahlstrm

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2013
Say hello to iPhone 8:
asp200_product_1_media_gallery.jpg

...And iPhone 9:

boosted_pop9_front.jpg

[doublepost=1470996758][/doublepost]
But that's the thing, as great as that dual camera may be why can't Apple style it properly? Apple used to be all about slick design and now it's just "can't be arsed, throw it there" looking. Let alone the fact it won't be available on the smaller phone yet we're still losing the headphone jack (99% likely). Even that single lens version is done in an ugly way!

Huawei even manage to style it with more class than Apple now, why?

b288877-7.jpg

If that phone had an logo on it then it would be praised as the gold-standard of smartphone design..

Reactions: HJM.NL and Jimrod

HJM.NL

macrumors 68020
Jul 25, 2016
Netherlands
But that's the thing, as great as that dual camera may be why can't Apple style it properly? Apple used to be all about slick design and now it's just "can't be arsed, throw it there" looking. Let alone the fact it won't be available on the smaller phone yet we're still losing the headphone jack (99% likely). Even that single lens version is done in an ugly way!

b288877-7.jpg
Let's face it. Apple gets beaten by design, features and PRICE.
[doublepost=1471002871][/doublepost]
Say hello to iPhone 8:
asp200_product_1_media_gallery.jpg

...And iPhone 9:

boosted_pop9_front.jpg

[doublepost=1470996758][/doublepost]

If that phone had an logo on it then it would be praised as the gold-standard of smartphone design..
I'm so disappointed it won't come in rose gold :(

ValO

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2012
Lol. And the insane non-revelant comparisons continue.
Yes, i know , terrible isn' t it?
I like the 6/6s design. I don' t mind the bands and the camera. It feels like a solid one piece iPhone in the hand and looks nice.
I guess I' ll even like the 7 better.
If Apple only made smaller bezels. In 2014 it was ok, in 2015 bezels got a bit annoying, and now it is a shame the 7 will feature the same bezels.
That is it.
It is a shame Apple was one year late realizing oled is the future. They should have taken action 1 year earlier. Perhaps they thought microled development would have advanced more than it isn't now and wanted to skip oled and use microled instead.

Last edited:

JAYLXXXI

Suspended
Jun 20, 2016
Well after 6 yrs looks like I'm finally making the switch. Note 7 looks amazing. Hope Apple can bring its A game in the iPhone 8.
[doublepost=1471015374][/doublepost]
Note 7 here I come! \o/
Same here, been loyal iPhone user for years but after seeing the Note 7 it can no longer be denied, Apple has fallen behind.

Reactions: HJM.NL and Oohara

wiredup72

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2011
Hang tight. Sounds like October will be the possible release for the MacBook Pro's. I like your Avatar by the way.
I'm hangin. my grip is loosening though because as a grumpy old man back in school again who needs a laptop and just had to give back a loaner iMac, I need one soon and am not overpaying for 2012 architecture.
I may have to give up hope for a new mbp or mba and get a mb. maybe I can lease something.

thanks for the avatar compliment. :)

Wahlstrm

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2013
Well after 6 yrs looks like I'm finally making the switch. Note 7 looks amazing. Hope Apple can bring its A game in the iPhone 8.
Same here, been loyal iPhone user for years but after seeing the Note 7 it can no longer be denied, Apple has fallen behind.

And even if it´s quite expensive for an Android-device it´s still quite the bargin when compared to the 128GB 6s+ :)

Reactions: HJM.NL

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Enjoy your note 7 :) you will love it I'm sure

nofear1az

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2003
AZ
We're in 2016.
Samsung has the Note 7. Dual curved screens, waterproofing, stylus with built in functionality, split screen for supported apps. And of course, 3.5mm jack and USB-C charging + wireless charging. Functional NFC.
Meanwhile, Apple will soon have the iPhone 7. iOS 9 brings nothing drastic, the design is already dated with no headphone jack according to rumors such as these.
I'm just saying, the competition is very, very good.

Apple doesn't pay any attention to the competition. They move at their own mojo <pace>.
Look how well it has worked out for them so far. They sell very well just by their logo alone. Of course whatever Samsung does they can just take 'em to court since it was Apple's idea first on whatever they do. j/k

MareLuce

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2010
I wish it could be gold & black. That would be tres chic.

What bezels are just distracting.

maxsix

Suspended
Jun 28, 2015
Western Hemisphere
But that's the thing, as great as that dual camera may be why can't Apple style it properly?

b288877-7.jpg
Apple's quite capable of creating a stylish, flush camera. J. Ive is a world class designer.

Yet Apple takes the easy way out, spends next to no money, time and energy by tacking on a camera with a bump while duping Apple faithful into thinking it was to allow more room for a battery. Gullible and programmed to let Apple do their thinking for them, they're ready to buy anything that comes out of Cupertino.

Reactions: UAV and Jimrod

muratime

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2013
Dubai
so same like iphone 6, or 6s?
that is nice design but, here i see lazy bunch or designers, that can not bring more innovation
at least i was expecting more efficient screen/panel usage, back lid in apple logo, or even more colors, gorilla glass tempered back surface etc.. nothing at all! nothing new

koruki

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2009
New Zealand
Next Olympics, pole vaulter's iPhone bulge touches the beam and fails to clear.

*reference to Japanese pole vaulter's penis bulge hitting the beam at Rio

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.