Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

icepick1985

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2007
I had the exact same problem on my 4 day old imac 27. The spod appeared and the whole computer just froze. I had that two times during the week. On thursday evening it reappeared again, i did a hard reboot and boom the mac wouldnt start at all. Disk repair could also not repair the disc. I emded up reinstalling everything and now its back up running again. If the freezing reappears i will take it to the the apple store.

I have a 1tb fusion drive.

Cheers florian

highlightshadow

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2012
Apple have recommended i reinstall OSX but feels like a faff considering it was a fresh install from new (presumably) ...

joeholl1979

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 14, 2013
I finally found out what is truly causing this issue! Whenever an my anti-virus or CrashPlan software scans my Bootcamp partition, it freezes the system.

I'm not sure if it is a particular file in Windows or if it is just the Bootcamp partition in general, but that is definitely the cause.

After taking the Bootcamp partition off of the backup, CrashPlan works normally.

Does anyone have any ideas on why this is happening?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.