Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mgb1120

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2012
I ordered from the Apple site around 3:20 AM EST. How do you know if you got in the first batch of shipments?

Processing & your credit card pending a charge for the full amount of the phone, not just $1. That would be a good sign. :)

iforbes

macrumors 6502
Dec 21, 2011
Hmmm...I ordered around 5:30am East when I woke up. My email states 9/21/12 delivery date. Wonder why...I am sure it will all work itself out for all.
Quoting myself :D

The online tracking for Verizon has changed from a 9/21/2012 "Delivery date" to 9/21/12 "Expected ship date".

jmanley1

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
Verizon orders

These questions are solely for people that ordered their iPhone 5 from Verizon (primarily, but not exclusively, over the phone):

1) Did you get a confirmation e-mail?
2) Are you able to access your order at VZw.com?
3) (If you can see your order on the website) Can you see any status?

Thanks!

ipodlover77

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2009
im looking for any type of sign, whether imaginary or not, to try to convince myself im the first wave. LOL.

in your opinion, is getting charged the full amount a good sign or do you guys think ATT just does that sometimes.

when i check the order, it doesn't pull it up, saying it has to be 24 hours.
when i click the link in the premier email, it says "processing".

I haven't received an actual confirmation email yet.

jmanley1

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
im looking for any type of sign, whether imaginary or not, to try to convince myself im the first wave. LOL.

in your opinion, is getting charged the full amount a good sign or do you guys think ATT just does that sometimes.

Cool, nice to hear a ATT user experience.

mackinmike

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2012
Yeah because the internals, display, back, camera etc. didn't change at all. Dumba** :rolleyes:

sure the internals changed. but the way you use the phone didn't. same look, same gui, same interface. most people don't care if the internals are different. that should be transparent to people. so essentially, it's the same phone as ip4/4s. :rolleyes:

Flood123

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2009
Living Stateside

My experience is exactly the same

Edit:
Ordered 2 x 32gb white . I have NO IDEA what the ETA is.
Ordered at 8am PST but received the email for terms of service confirmation and it had the wrong mailing address. I had to call back. They had to cancel my first order and reprocess do to their mistake. They hit my visa for 2 holds of $1241 . Needless to say, I am not happy with AT&T.
Called and reordered@ 11:46am pst finished order @12:16pm pst

Update: delivery in 14-21 days

Last edited:

soldierblue

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2009
I ordered at maybe 7:50 AM PST from AT&T. My confirmation email says, 'arrives on 9/21'. I must've barely made it.

EDIT: 16GB/Black if that helps. I also recieved an email confirming the order had been processed.

TheAmericanStig

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2012
These questions are solely for people that ordered their iPhone 5 from Verizon (primarily, but not exclusively, over the phone):

Thanks!

I DID get a confirmation email. I preordered mine via Verizon at about 0650 Eastern, after Apple's site would not let me through all the way.

It initially said "delivered by" 9/21, with no access this morning to the page from Verizon saying anything. Checked just now (1813) and it IS showing confirmed and "ship by" 9/21...

FWIW I chose a black 16 and a white 32...

juniorsgv

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2010
phoenix, az
verizon iphone preorder

i ordered @ midnight. got confirmation email. can't pull up anything as far as tracking etc.

but im confident since i was not going to be denied on getting it as close to midnight as possible.

Order Location: W779401

Deliver By: 09/21/2012

quOTE=jmanley1;15680739]These questions are solely for people that ordered their iPhone 5 from Verizon (primarily, but not exclusively, over the phone):

Thanks![/QUOTE]

StoneJones

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2012
Verizon slipping more

Verizon as of right now is at 9/28. I'm glad that I got my order in on the Apple Store app last night at about 2:30 CST.

juniorsgv

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2010
phoenix, az
slippin...

hahaha i almost grabbed a second phone. had it in my checkout. just in case someone else in the family needed an iphone upgrade.

but resisted. =)

beautiful phone though. excited for my moms and her new toy.

Evmanw

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2010
I'm pissed. Had to go to AT&T this morning to preorder because I'm on a business acct. I specifically stated that the only way I would preorder is if I was assured it would arrive on the 21st because I'm going out of town and had it shipped to my hotel. I was assured, then an hour later I get an email saying it ships in 2-3 weeks.

I am also on a business plan and it sucks that I had to go to att because even though I was the first one there, it was 14-21 business days :mad:

I ordered at maybe 7:50 AM PST from AT&T. My confirmation email says, 'arrives on 9/21'. I must've barely made it.

EDIT: 16GB/Black if that helps. I also recieved an email confirming the order had been processed.

That is weird. I ordered mine at 10:00 EST from AT&T and mine ships in 14-21 business days. That is fine except, my Gazelle price is only guaranteed until October 1st. I guess the 32 white is more popular :confused:

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
Says the grammar master. Also corrected that for you. I'm only poking fun at the hysteria new iPhone releases stir up.

Thank you.

Make it funny next time please. :) My sympathy for the lack of hysteria around your beloved "Droid". You must feel jeal.. umm.. desperate. :D

Last edited:

Appleitechnc

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2012
Sprint Rocks!!!!

Just got off of sprint here I was all concerned that I would not receive my iphone 5 by Friday the 21st but come to find out they said that it is estimated to by delivered before Thursday the 20th but if it took longer it would arrive at latest Friday the 21st!! OMG I am going crazy!!! Everyone they still have preorders for the 32gb and 64GB for delivery by the 21st!

dustdingo

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2008
Status change?

Earlier today, I barely missed delivery for the 21st wih AT&T. The order number pulled up a page that said they had received my order, but a box for "preorder" and one for "shipped" were not checked. Now, all I pull up is a page that says "We have received your order request, and we expect to begin processing it shortly." Anyone know if this is a good sign?

My 4s took a swim about 3 months ago and I've been on an iPhone 2g(first gen 4gb) since then. Looking forward to having a real smart phone again. Not to mention, 2g to LTE will be a mind blowing jump.

Adam22

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2012
just got off of sprint here i was all concerned that i would not receive my iphone 5 by friday the 21st but come to find out they said that it is estimated to by delivered before thursday the 20th but if it took longer it would arrive at latest friday the 21st!! Omg i am going crazy!!! Everyone they still have preorders for the 32gb and 64gb for delivery by the 21st!

why isn't anyone talking sprint only verizon and at&t???

beany boy

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2010
Cleveland, Ohio
I visited my AT&T store on Thursday. He took all my information and credit card and pre-ordered my 64gb Iphoone 5 before the store opened Friday. I got all the confirmation emails. When I get it I get it. I was more concerned that my grandfathered data and text plans and my discount were included. He seemed to think that the fact that I ordered the 64gb would help me get it quicker. We'll see.

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
I ordered yesterday at my local AT&T store. Received order status email before I left the store. Now 24 hours later it still does not show any order status under my online account.

tkhan456

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2008
It's interesting that the shipping dates have not slipped further. Wonder if all those people are now just waiting to try and get one Friday morning at the store.

sectime

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2007
sure the internals changed. but the way you use the phone didn't. same look, same gui, same interface. most people don't care if the internals are different. that should be transparent to people. so essentially, it's the same phone as ip4/4s. :rolleyes:
Yeah the marketplace has seen your your wisdom, clearly will be a failure, just like every Iphone released. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.