Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wookiee2cu

macrumors member
Apr 7, 2009
Most news feeds are saying if you didn't order within the first 3 hrs (approx, one said the first hour) you should be receiving it about 1 week after the launch. Not surprised, it was crazy like this with the iPhone 4. I was up at midnight and got my order in & email confirmation within 10 minutes but it will only ship to my billing address (even though I have a default shipping address to my work on my account). So now I'm trying to get my order to pull up or talk to Apple support but I keep getting error pages or getting hung up on because they are too busy.

brianc34

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2012
Verizon FTW

I did my preorder at 6:30 central time and got my shipping confirmations already. FEDEX tracking numbers show that it will be at my house on the 18th...but we all know that isn't going to work.

djc831

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2012
Got mine from from AT&T and it's coming in the 14-21 day range. And I'm happy!! At least I won't be camping out in front of the Apple Store for three days like a schmuck! #

iforbes

macrumors 6502
Dec 21, 2011
The delivery was in the email, and in the confirmation screen after the order.

Hmmm...I ordered around 5:30am East when I woke up. My email states 9/21/12 delivery date. Wonder why...I am sure it will all work itself out for all.

jonfarr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2012
Portland
I went to my local ATT store when they opened at 9am PST. I had called in at 7am PST, but they said their order system had crashed and couldnt take orders. By the time ATT opened, they said delivery dates were already 14-21 days.

The person that helped me out said that 14 to 21 day estimate was from today, but I highly doubt that will be the case.

I was also informed that LTE for AT&T will go live in Portland by the end of this month. They just announced it in their meeting before opening today.

jonfarr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2012
Portland
I was also told that not many people are ordering the 64GB versions or the whites as much as the black and smaller drives. I was told mine would most likely ship sooner than later.

I really think ATT is just trying to be conservative with their delivery estimates. Apple has been pumping these phones out for months.

mroniger

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2010
I'm on a premier personal responsibility account. Tried to order last night, got to last step, it kicked me out with java errors when I tried to go to step before confirming purchase. Kept trying but didn't work. Went to sleep. Could have bought on apple.com, but with Premier no upgrade fee, free ship, and last time they didn't charge me sales tax (on 4S).

Tried at 5:30am PT, loaded up att, and it put me right back where I was in the process. Bought phone, got this message in email confirmation:

"Your iPhone has been reserved and should arrive as soon as Sept 21, 2012."

The order status screen (click link in email) shows no date.

I'm expecting it to not arrive on 9/21. Whatever, my 4S is fine. Will get it when I get it.
Im in this boat as well apparently.

telefoto

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
I was also informed that LTE for AT&T will go live in Portland by the end of this month. They just announced it in their meeting before opening today.

Great news, glad I decided to stick with AT&T. Did they provide any more details about the LTE rollout in Portland?

TruthSeeker007

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2009
Verizon Billing Question

Does anyone know if they bill your credit card when you pre-order or does it bill your card later when it actually ships?

Thanks in advance...

martinm0

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2010
I ordered from Apple at 6:30am ET, and it said delivering on 10/5. Since I set up a trade in with Gazelle for my iPhone 4, I cancelled that order (which took forever since no one could get through Apple support) and went to Radio Shack and pre-ordered there. Not sure if they'll have it on the 21st, but they said they should have them between 21st and 26th for pickup. Hope that holds true...

jonfarr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2012
Portland
Great news, glad I decided to stick with AT&T. Did they provide any more details about the LTE rollout in Portland?

They just said it will go live by the end of the month, and that if you have a LTE enabled device, such as the iPad 3 or new iPhone, it will automatically connect to it. I heard that you will get 5GB of LTE as part of your plan if you are on unlimited data, before it is throttled.

dampfnudel

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Accessory incompatibility?

I just checked the MacRumors forums - the online listing is in error; an adapter is not included with the phone. I believe Apple may have already updated their website to correct this.

So no one will be getting the adapter on the house. Then again, even if you got the adapter for free, it seems like a lot of accessories will be incompatible because video out/ipod out was dropped. Actually, I have a question. Is it just the adapter that doesn't support video out/ipod out or is it also the connector? If someone has a USB port in their vehicle, will they be able to see their playlists/artists on the touch-screen and be able to control their iPhone 5 from the vehicle's touch-screen/steering wheel or only be able to play music/charge through the cable? Do people have to wait for Apple to release another adapter? I read several online articles that just seem to add to the confusion.:confused:

mgb1120

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2012
Just Talked to an Apple Rep after a 30 minute wait, All the orders from 3:00 am to 3:45 AM EST has delivery guaranteed on the 21st. Any orders after the 3:45 am mark are on the 2 weeks shipping (Business days) 21+days

Also if anyone forgot like myself, applecare can be eaisly added by taking your SEALED iphone to an apple store, (you can take it opened just will be a longer wait) that way the genuius bar wont have to look over your phone with a magnifying glass ;) And you wont need an appointment this way! :D

proehrich

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2009
I got hosed!

Placed my order this morning at 4 am est on the apple store App on my Ipad.

Screen this morning (should have done a screen shot) said "Available to ship: September 21". After a crazy day at work I pull up my order status online and it says "Delivers Oct 5 via Standard Shipping".

Customer support at apple only knows how to read the prepared script "What you see on the website is your correct shipping information. There were lots of orders ahead of you".

Had the app not screwed me over I would have just ordered directly from ATT, they were still doing 9/21 well after 4 am.

Why does Apple try so hard in turning loyal users into haters? :mad:

Thrilledge

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2009
I ordered from the Apple site around 3:20 AM EST. How do you know if you got in the first batch of shipments?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.