Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aphxtwinin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
Denver
I'm definitely gonna do that!

(I haz 80gig MGS4 bundle. I don't really like MGS4 that much anyway haha)

Anyway... I'm gonna stop posting about this in this board.

MGS4 is amazing but to each their own. if you have any PS3 questions send me a PM...im pretty much a sony rep when it comes to ps3's

Phish311

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2007
One Q before i buy

Can you run multiple aps at a time. For example, can i be listening to music, have my AIM client open while playing a game? I asked earlier but got no response. This is my last question (maybe) before i go to buy this badboy. Thanks

4DThinker

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2008
Whew. Now I don't have to buy the new one. No bluetooth and there is no point in upgrading. They could have left off the volume controls if they had included BlueTooth.

Speaker? "Not for Audiophiles". First person to get one please let us know if it sounds any better than the typical cell phone speaker.

PMB

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2007
New York
i dig the looks, but unless i can get rid of my current one, so i dont have to shell out more cash, i will be sticking with my 1st gen

orpheusmyth

macrumors member
May 10, 2008
As for the speaker situation:

"As Jobs stated in the keynote, the built-in speaker really is for casual listening, as it's not loud enough to cut through the crowds here. But when held to the ear, it sounds decent enough for what it is." -Gizmodo.

So no speaker holes...:(

How can I say this. Hummm LOL :p

4DThinker

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2008
Got iTunes 8. It informed me my Touch had a new firmware available, but then failed to find the resource. After a few tries it now tells me 2.02 is the latest.

Guess I'll wait. Use the timeto figure out what the Genius bar is all about.

Viremia

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2006
I'm happy with the updates on 2 fronts. First, already owning a Touch, I don't feel compelled to run out and get the new version due to some massively awesome new features. And secondly, it a good, modest revision with very nice features. They improved on the 1st gen and made an iPod that is even better and will likely sell pretty well (for an expensive MP3 player and game device). That will inspire Apple to continue improving on it and perhaps by the next iteration I'll be in the market for a new one.

I do like the new features they added, but I would still like to see a GPS, which would make the Touch pretty much "untouchable" by any other non-phone device.

sailortena

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2008
Anyone know generally after Apple announcements the new products are available for order at resellers? Particularly Amazon. I have a GC there that is totally burning a hole in my pocket.

I am SO excited to get a 32g iPod Touch! The iPod that I do have, is an old 4gig iPod mini in blue. It still works, but, ya know. I want to watch movies on the go, play games, have a little PDA-type assistant. I will also totally use that new Nike-iPod thing, since I like to walk. :D

zathras

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2005
North AL
i just ordered one from Amazon - listed as out of stock and the page keeps on blinking into and out of existence from their Touch page. Ships with Amazon Prime so 3.99 next day air...

dubmick

macrumors regular
May 8, 2008
quick question, a friend of mine bought a Touch in the San Fran store the other day. He hasn't opened the box, can he exchange it for the new model?

Lesser Evets

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2006
Does anyone have access to dimension data on the 1G Touch?

I am curious if all the old accessories will be fine with the new Touch or if they are now too small/big/misshapen.

ajenda

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2008
So....now what happens to the older model 32gb that are still selling for $459-499 especially on places like amazon. Do they sell them below the price of the new ones? That would be a huge price difference.
I cant imagine they would sell both models with the new model at a lower price :confused:

drb6

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2005
Boston, MA
You can get a military discount over the phone and get it for $375. You can also do the trade up in the store by turning ANY old ipod classic or nano for i believe an extra 10% off.

Oh really? Thats great. Will they take one thats not working anymore as well?

ajenda

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2008
quick question, a friend of mine bought a Touch in the San Fran store the other day. He hasn't opened the box, can he exchange it for the new model?

Sounds like a silly quesiton..Im sure they have the information in the computer as to when he bought it. He should have the receipt if he just bought it :rolleyes::rolleyes:

ajenda

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2008
Oh really? Thats great. Will they take one thats not working anymore as well?
Thats right ..it does not have to work~ I think it excludes used shuffles. Its basically a recycling program.

mmoosa

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2008
London, UK
Apple online store shows the 32gb ipod touch for £279 whereas elsewhere on the site it says its £289.....hmmmmm grab it while you can maybe. hehe. I just hope it is actually supposed to be £279 but that doesnt seem right as amazon has them for £289.

ajenda

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2008
repeating my question... do they take old ipod mini's?

and if you give them more than one does it give you more of a discount? (like 10% per ipod or something?)

I dont think they would allow more than one. I suggest you call your local store for the details. Im just the messenger

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.