Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aussie_geek

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 19, 2004
Sydney Australia
Hey!

Just clicked on the music store icon in iTunes and went to select country. THe list of countries came up and there seems to be a space left for 2 more country icons!! :eek: could it be true...

aussie_geek

Attachments

• itms.jpg
    itms.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 182

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Well, given that Apple Oz manages to sort the issues that most certainly delayed the opening in the last minute, iTMS Australia and New Zealand should open any day now...

...on the other hand "any day now" has, in the past, varied greatly in actual length... :eek:

Edit: And where in .... is iTMS Japan...? That has to be a marked worth exploring... :confused:

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
I think Apple will stick to three columns, no matter how many new lands are added. Because that is the largest number of columns that can be displayed on a 1024x768 screen, which for at least a while longer, will be the "standard" for the lowest acceptable resolution...

aussie_geek

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 19, 2004
Sydney Australia
hmmm,

19 being a prime number is interesting. There must be one more store opening as well. Do you think it will be a separate NZ store?

aussie_geek

Veldek

macrumors 68000
Mar 29, 2003
Germany
aussie_geek said:
19 being a prime number is interesting. There must be one more store opening as well. Do you think it will be a separate NZ store?
Hmm, I'm not sure whether you misunderstood. What I (and I think cube, too) wanted to say was, there is no way to align 19 things in more than one column without leaving at least one space free. That doesn't mean that there's something more to come.

Of course, it's quite obvious that we will see more stores in the future, but I don't think this has any correlation with these free spaces.

Maxiseller

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2005
Little grey, chilly island.
Agreed

we know the Austrailan store is around the corner, but there has been no mention of anything else to the best of my knowledge.

I'm sure there will be more to follow soon though...the iclandic store perhaps? :)

aswitcher

macrumors 603
Oct 8, 2003
Canberra OZ
aussie_geek said:
hmmm,

aussie_geek

Yes, I would think so given the currency issue, but it might just be the dollar part, the actual library of songs on offer being the same.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.