Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WillFisher

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2011
I want it to come out today, but at the same time I really think it'll be Friday. Considering iMacs are released Friday...

brutusvimes

macrumors member
Apr 13, 2007
and those 'features' are so ground-breaking and revolutionary that it's worth a .0 update right?

The new version is a ground-up rewrite to enable multithreading and gets rid of a lot of legacy code. It's possibly the largest update they've ever done.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
and those 'features' are so ground-breaking and revolutionary that it's worth a .0 update right?

I think iCloud support, a UI overhaul, Up Next, a new mini player is worth a .0. You don't? What would?

None of that is "groundbreaking or revolutionary," but then very little .0 features in any software are.

Apple used to be much more liberal with version numbering. iTunes 5 was supplanted by 6 in a month. You must have been very irate at Apple back then.

people like you are the reason why apple thinks it's okay to release incremental garbages like iOS 6 and still has the guts to call it the 'most advanced mobile OS' :rolleyes:

I agree that iOS 6 was more like 5.5, but it's been pretty clear for a while now they are on a "tick-tock" cycle.

Lvivske

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2011
🇺🇦
their software team is full of idiots who can't even get an iTunes update done on time (an update that only brings UI changes :rolleyes:)

UI/UX is probably the most important thing in software.

what would you consider more important?

----------

I agree that iOS 6 was more like 5.5, but it's been pretty clear for a while now they are on a "tick-tock" cycle.

not entirely, the differences between itunes 7,8,9, and 10 have been virtually nonexistent (unless you consider 'ping' something worth talking about)

Sound214

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2011
Sweden
Well, iTunes Match is probably available in Sweden now (finally!).
2A0k1q2n0O3u

The link doesn't work just yet, though.

EDIT: According to Twitter, it seems to be available in Denmark too. Guess the same goes for all of the Nordic countries.

Attachments

• Skärmavbild 2012-11-28 kl. 19.23.13.png
    Skärmavbild 2012-11-28 kl. 19.23.13.png
    56.7 KB · Views: 57

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
indeed they don't; their software team is full of idiots who can't even get an iTunes update done on time (an update that only brings UI changes :rolleyes:)

That's a big assumption now isn't it. But hey, they're the ones jumping to conclusions with no evidence whatsoever.

Wait.

:rolleyes:

Jeaz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2009
Sweden
Well, iTunes Match is probably available in Sweden now (finally!). Image

The link doesn't work just yet, though.

EDIT: According to Twitter, it seems to be available in Denmark too. Guess the same goes for all of the Nordic countries.

Nice! Really been odd we've had to wait so long for it. And I think this is a good sign of anything that an update to iTunes is coming really soon, as it seems likely they'll sync these events. Plus with the rumoured ability to play directly off the cloud in iTunes 11, they'd want to add Match and iTunes in the Cloud to as many countries as possible before launch.

JS82712

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2009
The new version is a ground-up rewrite to enable multithreading and gets rid of a lot of legacy code. It's possibly the largest update they've ever done.

I guess it's a popular trend for apple lovers to come up with non existing upgrades when describing an apple product.

Again, where did you get this information(doesn't count if it's from your reality distortion field)

xegitalian19xx

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2010
I wonder if this new update will finally fix my icloud matching as well! I purchased it on a Windows machine and weirdly enough it worked perfectly, I upgraded to a MBA i7 and boom match doesn't work anymore. I find it strange that it would work with W7 and not their own OS. Really quite frustrating!

Soundflunky

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2012
I know that if I hated Apple fanboys, the place I'd choose to spend my precious time would be Macrumors Forums.

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
im prepared for a december release, wont be surprised at least if it does happen and will have to live with it if i like it or not. they need to learn though not to put a release date.. promised november.. it should just change to "coming soon" instead of december.

ThE.MeSsEnGeR

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2009
Santiago, Chile
just noticed that the "Purchased" section over iTunes Match does not say 'new' anymore. last time I saw it was just this morning.

ScreenShot2012-11-28at82653PM.png

and like it was mentioned before, the Redeem page design was renewed as well.

ScreenShot2012-11-28at82815PM.jpg

I know those are two very subtle changes, but anything is giving me hope at this point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.