Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
that one week we saw a ton of updates on a thursday.. it was iOS 6.1 beta 1, iOS 6.0.2, iPhoto 9.4.2, etc.

maybe iTunes11 is gonna follow that same pattern if so release tomorrow?!

jreed91

macrumors regular
Jan 21, 2009
that one week we saw a ton of updates on a thursday.. it was iOS 6.1 beta 1, iOS 6.0.2, iPhoto 9.4.2, etc.

maybe iTunes11 is gonna follow that same pattern if so release tomorrow?!
well the new ios 6.1 beta has to come out sometime this week since it expires friday

tkermit

macrumors 68040
Feb 20, 2004
were is the itunesdj in the new interface???????????? :confused:

It's been replaced by the 'Up Next' feature. I would be surprised if they didn't reuse a ton of code from it though.

upnext.png

tkermit

macrumors 68040
Feb 20, 2004
oh.... come on realy??? :confused: it is my favorite feature of itunes

I use it lots, too. But If you think about it, you'll probably be able to use the 'Up next' thing to perfectly emulate your iTunes DJ 'workflow'.

Having said that, I'm merely assuming that iTunes DJ is gone, since it seems redundant now. We'll know for sure once iT11 is finally out.

i cant read the image
It shows the option to "Play Next" or "Add to Up Next" for a song, similar to the current iTunes DJ options you're given:
itdj.png

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2012
I had a feeling if it didn't release the week before thanksgiving it wasn't making the November cut

Osullivan1

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2011
London
Hi, everyone! They say iTunes 11 is out already - https://twitter.com/Takohashi/status/273811257310715905 Mac App Store gives me an error when I try to check for updates :( Was anyone able to update iTunes? Apple's website still has iTunes 10.7.

That pic has 8 menu bar items; iTunes 11 has 7. Fake.

Plus, my moneys on Friday for iTunes 11... it just feels right that Apple would wait 'till the very last second to release this :/

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
problem is if it gets delayed again cant come out the end of december because apple has the last week of the month off due to christmas, new years :confused:

Josh Kahane

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2006
Suffolk, UK
They wouldn't put out the new beta on the same day the old one expired, that would be a bad move on their part

Of course they would. Normal users shouldn't have the beta and so won't have this issue. Developers who do have beta access who genuinely need it and think about their requirements, will correctly set their computer up to manage two versions. Meaning, no one should have this issue, working within the rules.

kpress3

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2011
I'm more upset with the lack of information about WHY it is being delayed (and possibly delayed again). I feel that a company delaying something that they introduced at a big keynote presentation with no reasons as to why is unprofessional. Obviously there is a good reason, but why haven't they said what the reason(s) are?

jreed91

macrumors regular
Jan 21, 2009
I'm more upset with the lack of information about WHY it is being delayed (and possibly delayed again). I feel that a company delaying something that they introduced at a big keynote presentation with no reasons as to why is unprofessional. Obviously there is a good reason, but why haven't they said what the reason(s) are?

because it's apple :rolleyes:

kidintown

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2012
and all who still think it's delayed because of the rumored streaming pandora service: do you really think they would put that in and then release itunes online with just a press release? there was a keynote, nothing about a streaming service, they wouldn't miss the chance to show that at the keynote!

shenfrey

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2010
They will probably wait until November 30th before they let us know they have delayed it till September ^_^

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
and all who still think it's delayed because of the rumored streaming pandora service: do you really think they would put that in and then release itunes online with just a press release? there was a keynote, nothing about a streaming service, they wouldn't miss the chance to show that at the keynote!

its delayed because of bugs, wanting to get things right, the whole shake up with people getting fired, or they are too busy trying to fix maps :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.