Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Digitalclips

macrumors 65816
Mar 16, 2006
Sarasota, Florida
Because, they twist the truth. All they spew is negativity, and all it is in the end, is a business for them. See, we as humans love drama and the thrill we derive from depressive circumstances. Fox News knows this very well. This is why they'll twist the truth, from something relatively harmless to something outright problematic. Their audience loves negativity; they feed off of it. It consumes them; they become addicted. Why would Fox News do this? Well, it's obvious right; with more viewers comes more revenue. Greed.

However true what you say is, sadly you are wasting your time as I am discussing it in an intelligent forum. The 23% or so that believe everything Fox spews wouldn't understand the real news if it hit them in the face. They simply want to hear the same old crap reiterated by Ben Gleck et al as it makes them feel good and justified their shotgun and bible as they beat their wife. The good news is there are Republicans with brains and they will hopefully distance themselves from the wingnuts soon. We can but hope.

rockosmodurnlif

macrumors 65816
Apr 21, 2007
New York, NY
On my way to read some comments about a company thinking of opening a division dedicated to niche market for the bougie I stumbled into a row about the merits of same company's product.

I wonder how reporting for an iPad would be different than say reporting for a website. So why would an entire separate division be necessary.

transmaster

Contributor
Feb 1, 2010
Cheyenne, Wyoming
What a Joke

When my parents who religiously watched the CBS evening News for 50 plus years finally realized they are being fed a line of Bovine Scatology and switched to Fox News that should tell you something. Then there is the British Royal Navy. The Ship board news feeds where BBC. This included naval vessels that where on station in the Persian Gulf they knew first hand what was really happening, and realized what they where seeing on the BBC news had very little to do with the reality. They where being fed a line of crap so they asked and a switch was made to Skynews which is UK's version of Foxnews. You can argue all you want but when you look at the viewer statistics Fox News is demolishing the other cable news outlets, and we are not even getting into the regular network new broadcasts.

While I wouldn't pay for an Murdock app' I suppose there are a bunch of people who would. If you really want to hear a joke. News Corp wants the White House to fork over $600.000 a year to access their media. :D
(read on: http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/greenslade/2010/jul/29/rupert-murdoch-barack-obama )

The figures below are for 29 July, 2010.
P2+ Total Day
FNC – 1,089,000 viewers
CNN – 435,000 viewers
MSNBC – 383,000 viewers
CNBC – 164,000 viewers
HLN – 302,000 viewers

P2+ Prime Time
FNC – 2,042,000 viewers
CNN – 643,000 viewers
MSNBC –742,000 viewers
CNBC – 150,000 viewers
HLN – 577,000 viewers

Source: http://tvbythenumbers.com/category/ratings/cable-news

mstrmac

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2007
EARTH
No detractors, no one... has proven beck wrong, except when a mistake is made. And....
Fox news reports the news on their news program. But just like all the other sources they have interviews and opinion debate.

If you wonder how Fox haters can lie with impunity and not get called on it. Not one bothered to follow the links to see what any anti-Fox article really said–they just took the word of a discredited deceiver.
One example for which there are many:

For frothing at the mouth over stuff that isn’t true, this is hard to top:

Fox News Disrespect Against President Obama Continues. Fox News by no means should be classified as a news channel. Fox News has been the single, most disrespectful alliance against President Obama since he’s been in office. It’s almost shocking to see a so-called news channel disrespect the President of the United States on a daily basis and actually be allowed to function as a “news” channel in the United States of America. From Bill O’Reily to Sean Hannity, these disrespectful, bitter, “true” Americans simply refuse to refer to President Obama as President Obama by constantly dropping off the president in front of his name….

BILL O’REILLY, HOST: In the “Impact” segment tonight, two topics: Is President Obama promoting a nanny state?… But President Obama today on television… But the trend now with President Obama is, we’ll do it for you….
GLENN BECK, HOST: What was President Obama’s carbon footprint on Earth Day?
O’REILLY: If President Obama were to award the contracts for cap-and-trade…

BECK: Some people were a little upset yesterday seeing President Obama…
BECK: He gave President Obama several unique and priceless historical gifts…Brown gave President Obama a couple of things….In exchange, President Obama gave Prime Minister Brown…it’s remarkable to me that President Obama just kind of like went to the video store…
SEAN HANNITY, HOST: we are tracking President Obama’s campaign promises….
HANNITY: It is day number 79 of President Obama’s administration…and President Obama isn’t making it any better…
We could go on, but you get the point.

davidnssbm

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2009
those who bash fox don't watch it, or if they do it's just cherry picked clips on the daily show. I understand if you are liberal and disagree with the commentary shows, but i think its funny how they bash the entire network. Do you guys not realize that there are hard news shows on fox? do you not understand there are actual liberal hosts/pundits on fox?

they accuse fox watchers of buying into a false narrative. where do you get your news then? white house.gov? the whole idea of the press is to keep an eye on the white house and rip them a new *******.

this is America dammit. The more views the better! You should welcome free speech

p8ntballguy

macrumors member
Apr 4, 2006
You can argue all you want but when you look at the viewer statistics Fox News is demolishing the other cable news outlets

Is transformers 2 a good movie? no Just because people watch crap, it does not make it worthwhile.

those who bash fox don't watch it, or if they do it's just cherry picked clips on the daily show. I understand if you are liberal and disagree with the commentary shows, but i think its funny how they bash the entire network. Do you guys not realize that there are hard news shows on fox? do you not understand there are actual liberal hosts/pundits on fox?

they accuse fox watchers of buying into a false narrative. where do you get your news then? white house.gov? the whole idea of the press is to keep an eye on the white house and rip them a new *******.

this is America dammit. The more views the better! You should welcome free speech

I cant keep their commentary shows on for more than 5 minutes without being disgusted. The absolute gibberish, and outlandish claims glenn beck makes without fact is horrifying. He is a conspiracy theorist with a television show. O'Reily is like the skinniest kid at fat camp, then Hannity who is also pretty insane. I'm independent and the willful ignorance that these talking heads project is astonishing. The pure amount of ********, such amounts once thought to be unachievable, are now being thrown around daily.

Yes fox has actual news shows, they spin the hell out of everything too. Only news caster on there that is worth a damn is Shepard Smith.

I forgot about fox and friends, but thats just too crazy to even think about.

Yes this is America, where if you say something without basis or fact, and make slanderous accusations you would normally be sued. Oh wait the telcom act made that impossible.(deregulation) If that isn't possible then the network should at least give a certain amount of time to the opposing view, oh wait that was also thrown out by the telcom act.

By the way, what the HELL liberal pundit/Host is on fox. They have maybe 3 liberal guests there a night and the get screamed at. Where is this host you are talking about. And as for your whole, its Fox's job to go after the white house, WHERE THE HELL WERE THEY FOR THE LAST 10 YEARS. They are not fair, balanced, or truthful. Crap Im rambling. In closing, I welcome other views, because this is America. But unlike David, I ignore polarizing propaganda.

PerfSeeker

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2010
By the way, what the HELL liberal pundit/Host is on fox. They have maybe 3 liberal guests there a night and the get screamed at. Where is this host you are talking about. And as for your whole, its Fox's job to go after the white house, WHERE THE HELL WERE THEY FOR THE LAST 10 YEARS. They are not fair, balanced, or truthful. Crap Im rambling. In closing, I welcome other views, because this is America. But unlike David, I ignore polarizing propaganda.

What the hell does CNN/MSNBC have in terms of conservatives or libertarians for that matter?

transmaster

Contributor
Feb 1, 2010
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Not really. Unlike in the United States, there's an agency that overlooks all media to ensure its accurate and fair (Ofcom).

He wishes, but he can't.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2007/nov/24/bskyb.television

Get your facts straight.

My facts are straight. I didn't say Skynews and Foxnews where the same. What I did say was the news reporting on Skynews is much better then the BBC. I listen to the BBC, and Skynews, and SN is much better in the quality of their reports. As for the agency that overlooks all media, The BBC has a great deal of control over this agency. Do you really want the Fed's to control the content of the news. What if Carl Rove was in charge of such a agency in this country. I would love it but would you? It is something Pelosi and company would love to have. You quote the Guardian which is one of the most left wing newspapers in the UK, it makes the the New York Times look like the Washington Times. but then there is no convincing you so I will let you continue in your fantasy land.

adztaylor

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2009
Preston, UK
My facts are straight. I didn't say Skynews and Foxnews where the same. What I did say was the news reporting on Skynews is much better then the BBC.

Clearly you didn't see Skynews' coverage of the UK election. Utter biased drivel.

Just sums up Murdoch in a nutshell. I'll never pay for any of his rubbish.

zidank

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2007
I used to be a hardcore liberal during my college year after years of being spoon fed by CNN, MSNBC, CBS, and every other liberal bias news outlet.

Fox News is one of the few outlets that actually report news that other mainstream medias choose to ignore or cover up.

Here are a few article and website that you guys should read.

How Obama Admin handled Chrysler bankruptcy and forced secure creditors to take the shaft. They broke a law that exist for hundred of years to favor the unions. Chrysler Bankruptcy Exposes Dirty Politics

U.S. Forced Chrysler's Creditors to Blink

Rebel Chrysler debtholders to fight bankruptcy sale

Murtha's Nephew Got Defense Contracts. Million in Work Came Without Competition

Report: Majority of Nobel Jury 'Objected to Obama Prize'. First person to receive the Nobel Prize for doing nothing.

Green jobs czar signed 'truther' statement in 2004

capmag.com

zerohedge.com

thehill.com

politico.com

mixel

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2006
Leeds, UK
Pleased to see the negative votes for once! Fox News gives me the same sort of reaction as the Daily Mail (etc) over here. Watching it is cringeworthy. How can anyone not see it as offensively biased and manipulative? These things build and change people's opinions, and should have more integrity. Hate/fear-mongering is not cool, on any side. (Supposed) News networks shouldn't spread FUD.

Hopefully whatever News Corp do on the ipod/pad will be wildly unsuccessful. Saying that, they have their fingers in so many pies it's hard to avoid them completely.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Clearly you didn't see Skynews' coverage of the UK election. Utter biased drivel.

Absolutely. It was horrible to watch. I used to think that Sky News was tolerable but after that debacle... no. BBC are the best chaps around. The UK stuff not BBC World, its more like a magazine than a news channel.

I can't believe how many Fox News supporters there are. I always thought it was a joke of a channel, from the comments here to my own experiences having to watch it when on holiday. For the same reasons as the chap above me said - biased and manipulative, may I also add sensationalistic nonsense.

Fluffy Bunny

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2007
This is Job's vision for the future...to take people back to the days of AOL. Closed environment and high costs. AOL had a lot of subscribers too...then we know it turned out for them. I am starting to think Jobs is working as fast as he can, before his health gets the best of him, to plant the seeds for Apple's future failure.

LondonCentral

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2010
AMEN. Most people do not even know Murdoch is married to Wendi Deng, whom happens to support the Chinese Communist party and much of Murdochs cash flow supports those efforts. Ironic as that is antithetical to the beliefs of many of the viewers of Faux News. Read up on Murdoch and Star TV. Some interesting facts about what really goes on in conservative culture. Personally, all politicians SUCK. Just my 2 cents. Corporations, lobbyists, politicians, they're all in it for power and money. Cable news = controlled news. NPR/BBC, at least they're more objective.

Thanks for that, I'm sure 0.0000% of FoxNews viewers actually know or understand who Murdoch is and exactly what News Corp get up to abroad.

I'm sure someone will come along and call me a red or something else equally random and unrelated to what I'm talking about.

LondonCentral

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2010
Absolutely. It was horrible to watch. I used to think that Sky News was tolerable but after that debacle... no. BBC are the best chaps around. The UK stuff not BBC World, its more like a magazine than a news channel.

I can't believe how many Fox News supporters there are. I always thought it was a joke of a channel, from the comments here to my own experiences having to watch it when on holiday. For the same reasons as the chap above me said - biased and manipulative, may I also add sensationalistic nonsense.

Hit the nail on the head, but you shouldn't be surprised at how many people soak up the utter nonsense on Fox and ignore any reasoned thought. They love being part of some sort of warped ideology, it makes them feel safe.

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
The figures below are for 29 July, 2010.
P2+ Total Day
FNC – 1,089,000 viewers
CNN – 435,000 viewers
MSNBC – 383,000 viewers
CNBC – 164,000 viewers
HLN – 302,000 viewers

P2+ Prime Time
FNC – 2,042,000 viewers
CNN – 643,000 viewers
MSNBC –742,000 viewers
CNBC – 150,000 viewers
HLN – 577,000 viewers

Source: http://tvbythenumbers.com/category/ratings/cable-news

Again Sir, those numbers are misleading. FN's is the only extremist right wing cable news channel, all the other channels ARE fair and balanced and cater to a wider demographic. Those in the industry know that fairly speaking, tallying up CNN/MSNBC/CNBC/HLN numbers to FN's is the only justifiable method of comparison. It's tantamount to stating company A sells 1 product while companies B, C, D, E and F sell other products for the rest of the masses to choose from, therefore since company A has more sales that equates to it's popularity. Wrong analysis.

Further, your commentary on BBC and Sky News IS BS, complete fodder. How do I know? I have family serving in the British Royal Army, and most wouldn't waste their spit let alone time on Sky News.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.