Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
Why does Apple continue to shaft CF Cards. Don't they know a lot of Mac users use pro-sumer grade DSLR's??? Sigh.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
The Mighty Mouse definitely needs an upgrade. I hope the mouse rumors are true. But what is a touch-enabled mouse?!?

1-1.jpg

xIGmanIx

macrumors 6502a
Dec 21, 2008
Why does Apple continue to shaft CF Cards. Don't they know a lot of Mac users use pro-sumer grade DSLR's??? Sigh.

see your wrong, apple is ahead of the curve on this one :rolleyes: why not put in express card and let the end user figure it out? oh wait, because they don't care.

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C144 Safari/528.16)

Neotyguy40 said:
I hope the new mice let's you press both buttons at the same time. I hate needing to use my old ball-motion mouse for my gaming...

I think we're looking at a new patent by Apple! Introducing the new mighty mouse with "Multi-click".

Lesser Evets

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2006
"Xeon heat sink. Xeon heat sink..."

You guys are amateurs. They'll make the heat sink into a spoiler, so the iMac looks cool, like a sporty car that drives too fast and creates huge carbon footprints. Chic Ghic.

segfaultdotorg

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2007
They need a Core 2 Quad iMac already. I bought a $600 Dell last December that had a Core 2 Quad. I bought another one for under $600 with a monitor this October.

*LTD*

macrumors G4
Feb 5, 2009
Canada
see your wrong, apple is ahead of the curve on this one :rolleyes: why not put in express card and let the end user figure it out? oh wait, because they don't care.

CF cards are a bag of hurt. Same for Express cards. And Flash, too. And 64-bit iTunes, and . . . Bluteooth.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Besides, if the iMac were to get updated, they would do it in March/April like they usually do. Updated MBP's and MB's are possible, but i highly doubt the iMac is going to get updated now.

oh please. everyone get over this. stop saying 'like they always do'. just because they used to do something this way or that doesn't mean they will keep doing it that way.

they were ALWAYS at Macworld. guess what. not anymore. they told us that 2009 was it.

they ALWAYS update the laptops in the fall right after the back to school is over. well guess what, before this year that was THE time of updates but in June 2009 they did a laptop update. so hey, crazy thought, maybe they have decided for customer service reasons to make laptop update time the start and not just after that promo and thus no more 'they ALWAYS update the laptops in the fall'

and by the same token, now that they are no longer tied to having something big to talk about at Macworld,maybe they won't ALWAYS update the desktops in early spring. perhaps, another crazy thought, they realized that the best time to sell a computer that is more likely to be used by a family is the whole 'Christmas' holiday season. So maybe in the interest of raising sales for that period and avoiding a bunch of pissed off folks that just got a new one two months ago, they are going to update pre Holiday and not post.

OR maybe I'm just a crazy moron for believing that Apple might do something to benefit the customers

johnrs

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2008
Nottingham - UK
I am just hoping that Apple are starting to see that if they really want to complete then they need to have a desktop iMac that can preform both on hardware and also price.

The nvidia 9400 is a waste of time and really should not be in a desktop system. The 120 and 130 should be entry level cards

Lets hope they see sense and give its customers what they want. I am on hold for an iMac. While I don't expect the new ATI 5800 cards to be part of the new iMac line up I am hoping that they can do better a 120 or 130..

Not sure that I want to hold my breath on this, but hey ho...

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008

I have an expresscard in my Fall 2008 MBP. That was fine for when I used SD card, but I've yet to find a ExpressCard for CF type cards.

armoguy94

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2007
Can't we get this all in one thread? :confused:

Lots of news overlap with the Macbook and iMac updates. What's the benefit of Xeon in an iMac?

Are you kidding me? Seriously I think that the Xeon in iMacs rumor is false but who WOULDN'T want one? Why are you complaining? Apple users have been complaining for YEARS about the **** hardware in its computers for mad money prices.... now that Apple is supposedly improving on that, who are YOU to complain?

xhambonex

macrumors 6502a
Apr 17, 2008
The only thing worse than a mighty mouse with one button is a mighty mouse with no buttons. If the right click recognition wasn't great how's it going to pick up multiple different touch click patterns.

Simple you just make an external trackpad...and if you don't Wacom was kind enough to provide me withthat option supporting both multiple-touch and stylus/pen input. Just don't make the mouse worse apple...

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
The nvidia 9400 is a waste of time and really should not be in a desktop system. The 120 and 130 should be entry level cards

Lets hope they see sense and give its customers what they want.

:rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.