Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

waloshin

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
Apple will bring out the iPhone 5 with the same case, same screen ,but with LTE and Siri 2.0 and the new iPhone will be revolutionary!

applefanDrew

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2010
Wirelessly posted

CupertinoRat said:
This is it. If Apple can't get their heads out of sand then I'm moving on elsewhere.

How long do they think they can milk the same old boring design not to mention the severely lacking tiny screen?

Competition will leave Apple in the dust soon. Seems that innovation at Apple died the same day Steve did. Shame.

Smells like claim chowder

TigerWoodsIV

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2010
Sometimes I wonder if these rumors have one shred of backing, more than someone saying "oh maybe it's going to be ..." I think I'll report this as a possible new iPhone.

yadmonkey

macrumors 65816
Aug 13, 2002
Western Spiral
Only if you consider the human hand outdated, and the idea of a handheld device being usable with one hand.

SuperSizing for the sake of marketing/supersizing is outdated, I grew out of that phase in my teen years and have long since left the McDonalds mentality behind.

Want to use two hands? Try an iPad.

Really? Adding 0.5" diagonal is going to force you to use two hands? And wanting something a touch bigger automatically indicates a McDonalds mentality?

What a lot of people are expressing here is that 4" would be a good size for them. Some, like you, think 3.5" to be ideal. Neither opinion is more or less valid than the other.

TheBronx

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2012
(nothing personal, there's plenty of other people who wrote the same thing I could have picked you just had three good examples)

Obviously since it was the #1 phone with three carriers and in the US in total their decision to not support your exact needs was not business critical. The largest percentage of people in the US looking for a smartphone decided the iPhone 4S features were the best out there for their needs. Which makes Apple's decisions to be the right one.

I'll give screen size as subjective/personal.

NFC is a gimmic still. It's the future but today you can hardly find places to support it and even then you have to pick which NFC technology you want to use.

LTE is hardly on people's radar. Remember how many people called the iPhone 4 the iPhone 4G. Verizon and AT&T are pushing gibberish for the average person. Ask the average geek and besides "fast" what could they really tell about it that isn't marketing text? Even using it as a requirement can arguably be bad. It's an immature technology that sucks battery and empties data limits as the carriers have them today.

LTE might be the most overhyped on the internet, and least known about in the real world technology that we've seen in a long time hehe. I remember how before the 4S, everyone was saying it wouldn't sell because LTE was the future. No one knows, or cares about LTE except people on forums hehe, a very small subset of total users. :D

bmwhd

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2008
Well if true, not enough for me to upgrade. I'll stick with my iPhone 4 and be happy.

Yep. 3.5 inch screen is an upgrade killer. The world's moved on for me in terms of how I use this device. As much as I've loved all my iPhones, I simply do more book reading and video watching than ever and the screen needs to grow for me to continue this love affair.

Bodygard

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2009
Well if true, not enough for me to upgrade. I'll stick with my iPhone 4 and be happy.

I'll keep mine too. Unless the design changes and comes out with a bigger screen i don't see a reason to dump my iphone 4 and buy the new one.
The iphone 4 screen is as good as it get's (retina), it's plenty fast to run every app and game, 4G LTE is not ready in my country yet... etc

nerdwaller

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2012
Colorado
T-Mobile really deserves to get the iPhone. As much as I hate the iPhone, it should be available for those who want it.

Deserves... Yes, let's give a handout to a poorly run company that chooses to not jump on that train and offer one of the world's most popular phones.

Unfortunately for T-Mobile users, T-Mobile is too cheap to make a contract and commit to Apple's terms.

Part of the reason they are dying, they have no good base anymore because their infrastructure isn't getting updated like it needs to be.

CaryMacGuy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2006
Morrisville, NC
Nooooooo...I would really love to see a retina 4" or 4.7" screen (as per the previous rumors).

I know the 4.7" is an unrealistic dream but I really want it. They need something to counter the Android onslaught and that might be it. Unless Apple is taking the stand that the big screen craze is a fad and that might or might not be true.

I honestly don't have complaints about my iPhone 4's screen but I want some iOS bragging rights for my Galaxy Note toting boss.

TsMkLg068426

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2009
I know this is just a rumor still, but really that is all it is going to be new on the iPhone? I am pretty sure I am going to get negatives here but I would have expected something new from Apple, this sounds like more of a iPhone 4S.2. Also what is going on with iPod Touch updates? Seems iPod Touch is no more, I don't think everyone can afford the ridiculous data plans. What needs to be improved are DATA PLANS we are getting into 2013 and still no unlimited data plan and all this limitation is the reason I am still holding back getting any sort of Smart Phones. Rather moving ahead in technology the cell phone providers are holding most of us back.

nick_elt

macrumors 68000
Oct 28, 2011
Wirelessly posted

khovland92 said:
3.5 in screen?
Fall Release?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

***** i think i have been samsunged, i love apple comps, will buy a new mbp this year but the iphone is starting to get a bit boring. Sgs3 this year i think.

nrmillions

macrumors member
Dec 30, 2008
Boston, MA
If the next iPhone is just the same thing as the iPhone 4/4s but with LTE I will definitely switch to the Samsung Galaxy S3. I am so bored with my iPhone 4 and sick of such a small screen.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Er, it's a RUMOR folks. Who would make purchasing decisions based on a RUMOR? :confused:

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
Can macrumors run a poll of various sizes and send it to Apple? Some site did it recently and it was 4" the clear winner.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
I know this is just a rumor still, but really that is all it is going to be new on the iPhone? I am pretty sure I am going to get negatives here but I would have expected something new from Apple, this sounds like more of a iPhone 4S.2. Also what is going on with iPod Touch updates? Seems iPod Touch is no more, I don't think everyone can afford the ridiculous data plans. What needs to be improved are DATA PLANS we are getting into 2013 and still no unlimited data plan and all this limitation is the reason I am still holding back getting any sort of Smart Phones. Rather moving ahead in technology the cell phone providers are holding most of us back.
#1 it's a rumor. #2 nothing in this rumor to indicate this is all the new iPhone is going to be.

StyxMaker

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2010
Inside my head.
Wirelessly posted

ARCoria said:
What about this quote, I just saw this morn'n?

"(Reuters) - Apple Inc's new iPhone will have a sharper and bigger 4.6-inch "retina" display and is set to be launched around the second quarter, a South Korean media reported on Thursday."
Is it a false article? hmmmmm

No, it's a real article. It may have false, mistaken, or unreliable information in it, but it is defiantly a real article.

superdudeo

macrumors regular
Dec 7, 2010
Can macrumors run a poll of various sizes and send it to Apple? Some site did it recently and it was 4" the clear winner.

Exactly, the people claiming 3.5" is perfect are in the MINORITY. The phone doesn't need to get bigger, the screen does though.

AJH1993

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2011
I'm glad apple is sticking to the smaller form factor. Those 4.3"+ gigantor android/windows phones are big, bulky, they eat battery life and theyre nowhere near as easy on a front jeans pocket.

I dunno what you mean by easy on a front jeans pocket. My iPhone 4S feels the same in my pocket as my HTC Thunderbolt does. Perhaps you should buy some Lee jeans next time you go to J.C Penny :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.