Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
Haha yeah I saw one in the US who was selling it internationally for €77 ($100) + €32 ($40) for delivery to Ireland and that's a bit too much :p

What is the actual price from Google?

Mine was this with delivery.
Shipping: £5.99
Total: £21.98
(Includes VAT of £3.66)
I'll wait for mine to come and order you one once it has arrived if that's OK with you?

Still not had a shipping notification yet and I ordered on the 20th... :(

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Mine was this with delivery.
Shipping: £5.99
Total: £21.98
(Includes VAT of £3.66)
I'll wait for mine to come and order you one once it has arrived if that's OK with you?

Still not had a shipping notification yet and I ordered on the 20th... :(

Yeah that's fine thanks :)

I have a UK shipping address via Parcel Motel so price should be the same as yours. Does it still say it's in stock?

strausd

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
Texas
How do I know if my Nexus 4 is using HSPA+ as opposed to plain on HSPA? I am on AT&T and located in Dallas, and the coverage map says I should have it, but I'm not sure.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
How do I know if my Nexus 4 is using HSPA+ as opposed to plain on HSPA? I am on AT&T and located in Dallas, and the coverage map says I should have it, but I'm not sure.

Doesn't the symbol above the signal bars say H+? My Galaxy S3 switches between H and H+ so I assumed that's what it meant.

strausd

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
Texas
Doesn't the symbol above the signal bars say H+? My Galaxy S3 switches between H and H+ so I assumed that's what it meant.

Mine is only ever showing H. I used the same SIM card from my iPhone 4S. Could that be the problem?

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
Go to dialler.
*#*#4636#*#*
(Numbers spell info on the dialler)
Go to phone info.

Look for "network type"

HSPA is normal. HSPAP is HSPA+!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-11-24-11-14-50.png
    Screenshot_2012-11-24-11-14-50.png
    148 KB · Views: 80

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
Mine is only ever showing H. I used the same SIM card from my iPhone 4S. Could that be the problem?

Mine shows H no matter what. Some phones show H+ as the OS is modified by the OEMS to do so. Doesn't happen in stock Android sadly. :(

strausd

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
Texas
Go to dialler.
*#*#4636#*#*
(Numbers spell info on the dialler)
Go to phone info.

Look for "network type"

HSPA is normal. HSPAP is HSPA+!

Man mine is only showing HSPA :/

How can I get that fixed? Do I need a new SIM card from AT&T?

----------

Woah scratch that. Once I turned Wi-Fi off it changed to HSPAP. But with Wi-Fi on its HSPA, but that's not a big deal since I'm on Wi-Fi at the moment. I'm just wondering if it will still be HSPAP when Wi-Fi is on just not connected.

Well actually it is different like every time I check. Literally every other time I try inputting that in the dialer, it switches from HSPA to HSPAP. Any ideas?

Edit again: looks like whenever the phone is using mobile data, as in a small icon shows up on the signal icon, it switches to HSPAP, but whenever nothing is going on it is on HSPA. I'm guessing that is normal.

Last edited:

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
Man mine is only showing HSPA :/

How can I get that fixed? Do I need a new SIM card from AT&T?

----------

Woah scratch that. Once I turned Wi-Fi off it changed to HSPAP. But with Wi-Fi on its HSPA, but that's not a big deal since I'm on Wi-Fi at the moment. I'm just wondering if it will still be HSPAP when Wi-Fi is on just not connected.

Well actually it is different like every time I check. Literally every other time I try inputting that in the dialer, it switches from HSPA to HSPAP. Any ideas?

Edit again: looks like whenever the phone is using mobile data, as in a small icon shows up on the signal icon, it switches to HSPAP, but whenever nothing is going on it is on HSPA. I'm guessing that is normal.

AAh yes, when my WIFI is on, I get HSPA but it does jump to HSPAP when Wifi is off (probably some power saving thing!).

Dr McKay

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2010
Kirkland
Any mods? Were you in airplane mode/using juice defender to kill the signal or just happened to me in a bad signal area?

Nah no Airplane mode or Juice defender, I get appalling signal at home and work so it happened to be no service.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
I don't think AT&T ever shows the +. There will be no way to tell if you are on hspa or + aside from doing a speed test. I was getting anywhere from 3-6 down on their network. Compared to this with their LTE
u2a3uhy6.jpg

THE JUICEMAN

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
I don't think AT&T ever shows the +. There will be no way to tell if you are on hspa or + aside from doing a speed test. I was getting anywhere from 3-6 down on their network. Compared to this with their LTE

Trying to make us feel bad?! Lol

----------
http://db.tt/I4oElAu8

If you look closely there are two arrows facing opposite of one another inside the actually signal strength bars. These came on every time I got HSPAP as you can see in the screen shot. But it only stays on for a second as my phone was switching from HSPA to HSPAP constantly.

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona
Trying to make us feel bad?! Lol

----------
http://db.tt/I4oElAu8

If you look closely there are two arrows facing opposite of one another inside the actually signal strength bars. These came on every time I got HSPAP as you can see in the screen shot. But it only stays on for a second as my phone was switching from HSPA to HSPAP constantly.

Don't those arrows just mean it is actively sending/receiving data? That is what I assumed. I can make them appear by doing anything that requires internet access.

The wifi indicator seems to show when it is actively transferring data too.

Michael

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
Don't those arrows just mean it is actively sending/receiving data? That is what I assumed. I can make them appear by doing anything that requires internet access.

Michael

That's exactly what they are, network activity indicators showing upstream and downstream activity. :)

zainiak

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2012
Just so you guys know, the benchmarks in the op are much lower than the phone's full potential. It has to do with the CPU auto lowering its clock speed with high temperatures. Anandtech put his in the freezer first, and benchmarks were much higher

THE JUICEMAN

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007

Michael

Your are correct sir. Now if I could stop it from switching back and forth from HSPA to HSPAP......

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Just so you guys know, the benchmarks in the op are much lower than the phone's full potential. It has to do with the CPU auto lowering its clock speed with high temperatures. Anandtech put his in the freezer first, and benchmarks were much higher

I noticed the benchmarked fluctuated like crazy, so that would make sense.

strausd

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
Texas

The speed test app isn't working well on my phone. It says like 1 Mbps every time. But then when I did a WiFi hotspot to my iPad and did the speed test on there, I got like 5.5 Mbps. Anyone know why?

THE JUICEMAN

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
The speed test app isn't working well on my phone. It says like 1 Mbps every time. But then when I did a WiFi hotspot to my iPad and did the speed test on there, I got like 5.5 Mbps. Anyone know why?

A couple of pages back there are a few posts about APN settings. That will fix this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.