Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

photographypro

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2010
American in Pisa (Italy)
Use code DH221 for 15% off! (and some tips)

Use code DH221 for 15% off! Dan Hughes (DH) gave this out a while ago in a training session, and I just tested it and it still works!

That comes to $126.65 for US users, and under 99 euros for those in Europe.

I LOVE the Nik suite (thanks for info about the update), and I can do everything I want to do to a photo with Lightroom 5, Photoshop CC, and the Nik Complete Collection.

I had just the Color Efx and Silver Efx before I got the rest free from Nik, which work great straight from Lightroom.

Now that I have the complete collection, I often open the photo in Photoshop first, so I can "stack" the effects. If you really want the ability to go back and redo anything, open the photo as a smart object in Photoshop CC first. You can do this directly from the Lightroom menu if you wish.

However, when all done, if you want to save space (and you know you're not going to rework the photo ever again), flatten the image first before saving it in Photoshop. I do mostly wedding photography, and I know I won't re-work most photos ever again, so this saves tons of space. And, If I really needed to do that, I could always restart from Lightroom and do it again.

NIK ROCKS!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.