Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hosammac

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2016
well, i have several cellular ipads right now on my hands and i made the job removing the resistors, that work only in cellular models, and the SN is not tied to the icloud if the device is cellular model, the only ties to the SN are the wifi only models, (3g= icloud lock is on the baseband but not on the SN; wifi= icloud lock is on the Emmc which carry the SN)
How can I fix that

carlosm15

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2016
How can I fix that

fix what? reverting the ipad to a cellular model? the only way out it's doing a bridge on the place where the resistor was removed, it can be done with a pencil (yeah a pencil), because via soldering it's difficult by the size, then the device become in black screen mode (DFU Mode) and restore with the correct IPSW, if you are doing for the first time, i can't recommend you doing that work by yourself

Hosammac

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2016
fix what? reverting the ipad to a cellular model? the only way out it's doing a bridge on the place where the resistor was removed, it can be done with a pencil (yeah a pencil), because via soldering it's difficult by the size, then the device become in black screen mode (DFU Mode) and restore with the correct IPSW, if you are doing for the first time, i can't recommend you doing that work by yourself
If graciously Can you send to me an image of that resistance I can I will arise and is two ipa3
[doublepost=1480804461][/doublepost]
If graciously Can you send to me an image of that resistance I can I will arise and is two ipa3
I thank you for your interest to respond to my question

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
[MOD NOTE]
There's no way to get around the activation lock and I'm closing this thread down, as the discussion will only go downhill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.