Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JQuick

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2014
So I received my 6 core, D700 yesterday. I am in the UK and the machine is a work of art. Completely love the form factor...

Unfortunately it is restarting itself randomly and no matter what I do I can't get it to stop. Very annoying. Need to call Apple Care I guess! :(

C

Have you tried booting into hardware diagnostic mode?

Try this:
Shut down.
Turn power on.
Depress the 'd' key and keep it held down until you boot into the diagnostics utility.

Here is an Apple support document describing the process.
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5781

MapCrow

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2014
North Wales, UK
Ordered 15th January
Shipped 21st February
Arrived 26th February

6C/512/12GB/D500

Temp card charged a couple of weeks ago
Actual card charged 24th February

Ordered through Apple Store Employee Purchase Program (discount scheme for companies - I don't work for Apple) if that makes any difference.

jenzjen

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2010
Why would they? If Apple is calling to tell them that the shipping date is being pushed back then the charge date is being pushed back as well. Those two are tightly coupled.

They may mistakely call someone with a date that isn't sliding but if sliding dates out, then there is nothing to charge for right now.

Sometimes pending charges never become real charges so trying to see how well billing and logistics are linked. In my case, I've had pending charges for a couple days (good sign), but I'm also still able to cancel my item right now (vs those who report machines going into a lock state prior to shipping). I have a buyer for my oMP but he needs it by mid next week so trying to gauge whether I can commit to the sale.

xSwift

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2010
So my order that was due to arrive on 3rd March (quickly changed to 5th March), arrived in Stansted earlier this evening, and subsequently been flown out to Germany, which I'm guessing is to swap out upgraded parts?

Anyone else had this?

jenzjen

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2010
Why would they? If Apple is calling to tell them that the shipping date is being pushed back then the charge date is being pushed back as well. Those two are tightly coupled.

They may mistakely call someone with a date that isn't sliding but if sliding dates out, then there is nothing to charge for right now.

Dangerous to assume since they just did this to me, got the call tonight about the 5-7 days delay even though the full charge has been pending on my cc since earlier this week.

unfragile

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2013
I just receive a estimate delivery date - 7/3/2014 - order 20/12/2013

Thank you to all, this was a fun ride, I will keep in touch.

Apple didn't compensate me with anything. They said that will talk about that after I receive the New Mac Pro.

The spreadsheet helped a lot in this two months of waiting :)

AppMann

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2013
Ireland
I just receive a estimate delivery date - 7/3/2014 - order 20/12/2013

Thank you to all, this was a fun ride, I will keep in touch.

Apple didn't compensate me with anything. They said that will talk about that after I receive the New Mac Pro.

The spreadsheet helped a lot in this two months of waiting :)

How did you receive that estimated delivery date. Did you ring Apple or did you receive an email.

unfragile

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2013
Did they tell you how was handling the shipment of the Mac pro

No, they did not told me anything, I've receive the mail almost an hour ago 1:39 am.

There's still nothing to track.

I've talked yesterday with apple asking for the next day delivery (express mail) and she told me that all orders to europe are express, I don't know if is true.

AppMann

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2013
Ireland
No, they did not told me anything, I've receive the mail almost an hour ago 1:39 am.

There's still nothing to track.

I've talked yesterday with apple asking for the next day delivery (express mail) and she told me that all orders to europe are express, I don't know if is true.

Yeah Apple told me the same thing, Apple said the order is standerd delivery on the order sheet but its express when it leaves the warehouse, might ring tomrrow to see can they give me and estiamted date on arrival.

unfragile

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2013
Yeah Apple told me the same thing, Apple said the order is standerd delivery on the order sheet but its express when it leaves the warehouse, might ring tomrrow to see can they give me and estiamted date on arrival.

Just receive an update..

order change to 3/3/2014 delivery date instead 7/3/2014

and it will be delivery from AUSTIN, TX US (not china as a guy from apple told in the beginning of this week)

AppMann

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2013
Ireland
Just receive an update..

order change to 3/3/2014 delivery date instead 7/3/2014

and it will be delivery from AUSTIN, TX US (not china as a guy from apple told in the beginning of this week)

I hope I get an email by tomorrow otherwise I will ring them. Thanks for the info. #

mikeezero

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2010
now this is really interesting.........

Like many I received a call from Apple yesterday (around 11am UK time) saying unfortunately my 6c 32gb/ 512ssd/ D700 would not ship for another 5-7 days and would miss shipment for Feb as previously promised.

I completely kicked off saying that I had been promised it would ship and that this was not acceptable, the guy said sorry but there was nothing he could do and I would have to complain to Apple once I had received the nMP.....of course it was not his fault so I apologised for getting a little angry and said I would write to Apple demanding some comp.

Then to my surprise at 1.10am this morning I received an email saying it had shipped!!! and would be delivered next Wednesday, I have tracking number etc so can see it has been dispatched and is currently sat in Kentucky.

I wonder if the Apple reps where told to ring everybody and prioritise those who kicked off the most.....just strange that within a few hours it had changed to shipped after they had said it would be another 5-7 days.....what ever the reason I'm now happy!!

deconstruct60

macrumors G5
Mar 10, 2009
Dangerous to assume since they just did this to me, got the call tonight about the 5-7 days delay even though the full charge has been pending on my cc since earlier this week.

Pending is not charged. Pending just means the asked to credit service for preflight to later make a charge. As outlined earlier in the day and most certainly earlier in the week Apple still thought it was going to ship. Now they are not. That pending could drop before Apple makes a charge (depends on how long the credit service will hold it) and there would be another pending.

When you are charged is when you are actually on a hard clock schedule to actually get a system.

jenzjen

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2010
Pending is not charged. Pending just means the asked to credit service for preflight to later make a charge. As outlined earlier in the day and most certainly earlier in the week Apple still thought it was going to ship. Now they are not. That pending could drop before Apple makes a charge (depends on how long the credit service will hold it) and there would be another pending.

When you are charged is when you are actually on a hard clock schedule to actually get a system.

You misread my original question, just drop it. I only asked about pending charges, you assumed actual charges. I only wanted to know if those that were called also had pending charges on their cc.

For those of you that got called, did pending charges hit your cc?

Monty Pavement

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2006
Scotland
I also got the dreaded phone call yesterday, saying it would be delayed 5-7 days, but then a couple of hours later my status changed to 'Preparing for Shipment' and I've just received a Shipped e-mail.

Delivery estimate is 10/3, but a tracking check shows all three parts of the order are in Amsterdam so I'm hoping it comes a bit quicker than that.

6c/512/16/D700
Ordered mid-Jan via Business rep
In Scotland
Not on spreadsheet.

So don't give up hope my fellow 5-7 dayers! Ok, it may be just before 6pm on the last day of February, but in my case they kept their word that it would ship in Feb!

Sinx2oic

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2009
I also got the dreaded phone call yesterday, saying it would be delayed 5-7 days, but then a couple of hours later my status changed to 'Preparing for Shipment' and I've just received a Shipped e-mail.

Delivery estimate is 10/3, but a tracking check shows all three parts of the order are in Amsterdam so I'm hoping it comes a bit quicker than that.

6c/512/16/D700
Ordered mid-Jan via Business rep
In Scotland
Not on spreadsheet.

So don't give up hope my fellow 5-7 dayers! Ok, it may be just before 6pm on the last day of February, but in my case they kept their word that it would ship in Feb!

That's good to know, hope is not lost for all then, I'm still Processing Items, no change. fingers crossed it will change on monday/tuesday. :)

rasmusjohansson

macrumors member
Jan 3, 2014
Got a text yesterday from Apple wishing me much joy with my new products that have been delivered. Hopefully the computer will be here early next week. Still listed in Amsterdam on Apples website as of now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.