Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Will you be keeping your ipad mini?

• Yes!

Votes: 216 68.6%
  • No

Votes: 55 17.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 43 13.7%

• Total voters

RichyB

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2010
Four hours and the battery is at 75%, definitely keeping mine. Best tablet ever.

Headlighted

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2010
Yes, absolutely! This is my perfect iPad. We currently have an iPad 2 so the screen is no issue at all to me, now I just have to stop my hubby and son from stealing it!

TRMC13

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2012
No - I won't be keeping it. I actually like the size and form but the screen is a let down. Putting it next to an iPad 3 and iPhone 5 you can really see a difference that I just couldn't justify paying £349 for.

Well I can see your point. Walking around everyday with the iPad Mini in one hand while simultaneously and constantly holding the iPad 3 or iPhone 5 next to it in the other hand would be very inconvenient. :rolleyes:

cwosigns

macrumors 68020
Jul 8, 2008
Columbus,OH
I knew the screen was not going to be as good as my iPad 3. I bought it today expecting to return it after playing with it for a week. But the light, thin design and the portability factor has me hooked. I just listed my iPad 3 with VZW LTE on Craigslist.

No, the screen is not retina. But it's perfectly usable. And with unlimited data on my iPhone 5 I don't need the LTE version.

Loving this mini.

trevolly

macrumors member
Aug 25, 2009
Well I can see your point. Walking around everyday with the iPad Mini in one hand while simultaneously and constantly holding the iPad 3 or iPhone 5 next to it in the other hand would be very inconvenient. :rolleyes:

Yeh it's a bit of a bind!! :D Please don't think I'm slagging off the iPad Mini as the size feels really nice. It's just I think I've been spoilt with using the iPad 3 and new iPhone.

If or when the mini comes with retina display then ill have to buy agin and have another play!! :):)

Like I said each to their own, I'm sure all the iPad Mini users will get plenty of envious glances!!

pasadena

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2012
Seattle, WA
Yes. It's exactly what I've been waiting for and wondering why the heck all those tablet makers didn't do it. Love it.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Oct 17, 2010
Yes, it filled the gap that the full size iPad couldn't. between my iPhone 5 and my MBA 11". Its the perfect product. I don't care if it's not retina, I'd rather have killer battery life for now.

killer battery life? lol the ipad 4 and the mini have the same battery :rolleyes:

i dont know about ya'll but i love my iPad 4, super fast and beautiful retina display.

RichyB

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2010
My iPad 3 got no where near this for battery life and I've only charged once from 78%. If the battery improves from here I will be even more impressed.

joshwithachance

macrumors 68020
Dec 11, 2009
I am most definitely keeping mine. Beside the iPhone 5, this may be my favorite Apple product yet! The size is flawless, the weight is just amazing, and the screen isn't all that bad in actuality. With this form factor the iPad finally feels like it properly bridges the gap between my iPhone 5 and MacBook Pro.

junglesnake

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2011
I was kind of skeptical at first but now it's awesome! I can't put the damn thimg down! Keeper for me!

kmanmx

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2011
UK
I've got it all wrong for so long. Every year I was concerned with processor speed, graphics speed. And every year I got a new iPad and after a while I just stopped using it. And each year, I thought the new specs would make all the difference. But it never did.

I was a little dubious about buying the mini. But the second I powered it up while holding it in one hand, I came to a startling conclusion: this is the iPad they should have made all along. Suddenly it's clear, the internal specs are not nearly as important as I once thought. The fact that I can pick up this light, slim device easily and comfortably is totally refreshing and makes it an absolute pleasure to use. When I use an iPad 3 now, it feels labored.

I'm not for one moment saying that I wouldn't prefer an A6X and Retina display (Who wouldn't ?). But what I am saying is for me atleast, this seems like a perfect form factor. And that form factor plays a far greater role in likability than I ever imagined until the second I picked it up.

jbromer

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
MD, USA
Absolutely. This is the first iPad my wife likes, and as everyone else says, the full size just seems clunky now.

Wife happy - check
4 year old son happy - check
Me happy - see above

Lindenhurst

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2011
I love it! iPad 3 is up for sale now!

I agree it is a sweet device but for the last 6 months all I have been reading is how retina is all that, and now that the Mini is out, people are willing to settle for non retina.
This time next year the Mini will be crap, and the retina Mini will be king.

So predictable.

Remember how we all loved the Ipad 1 when it first came out?

I guess that's just the way things progress.

rockyroad55

macrumors 601
Jul 14, 2010
Phila, PA
I agree it is a sweet device but for the last 6 months all I have been reading is how retina is all that, and now that the Mini is out, people are willing to settle for non retina.
This time next year the Mini will be crap, and the retina Mini will be king.

So predictable.

Remember how we all loved the Ipad 1 when it first came out?

I guess that's just the way things progress.

I guess we all expected a lot from being spoiled from the previous retina devices. The mini is excellent now and it will be better with retina whenever that happens.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.