Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eevee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
New Haven, CT
woodsey said:
I thought California was suffering an anorexia epidemic, not obesity.

Well, thats the impression i get from watching The OC!

Average Californians DO NOT look like the characters from OCs!!! It would be nice...

Drgnhntr

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2004
San Diego
woodsey said:
I thought California was suffering an anorexia epidemic, not obesity.

Well, thats the impression i get from watching The OC!

The article says that California had the largest increase in adult obesity in the last decade. I assume our rate of obesity was low to start with. I have only recently started to notice an abundance of overwieght people. I don't know if that means there are more or if I am paying attention to it more. You definitely can't tell from television.

The first Krispy Kreme in California opened up in 1999, could there be a connection? ;)

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
You should go to Africa if you want to see an abundance of skinny people. They are quite a sexy bunch. No offense to anyone here of African descent.
happy.gif

Eevee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
New Haven, CT
Drgnhntr said:
The article says that California had the largest increase in adult obesity in the last decade. I assume our rate of obesity was low to start with. I have only recently started to notice an abundance of overwieght people. I don't know if that means there are more or if I am paying attention to it more. You definitely can't tell from television.

The first Krispy Kreme in California opened up in 1999, could there be a connection? ;)

Haven't you noticed the many "all you can eat" chains popping out in San Diego and the whole Southern Cal? ie Todai (don't get me wrong, I love this place, but maybe once a year!). I dunno if there is a connection with the rise in obesity and Krispy Kreme opening in CA. Interesting though...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.