Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

forafireescape

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2008
NJ
My order status finally changed today. For the last two months it has simply said, "Order Status: Order Submitted" but now it says, "Order status: Order in process."

I guess we'll see if it shows up by Tuesday so they can meet their "6 to 8 weeks after general availability" deadline.

How do you check your order status?

I haven't gotten an email from them and it's been months.

bmorris

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2007
ATL
i got an email saying in progress forever
i tried to email and call and my name wasnt showing in the system.
finally got an email to ship.
and got it today.

robrose20

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2007
I just tried to call microsft and they do not even have my information in the system .... I sent my stuff in more than 6 weeks ago. They were quite rude on the phone.

PaulMoore

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2007
Got mine last week

I've just found this thread- mine has only just arrived (Media edition, which I guess is what everyone went for- since it's the most expensive)- after a series of e-mails telling me it would ship on various dates which came and went. When I finally called Microsoft they told me they were quite backed up with this offer.

I've also thought about selling it but yes the prices it's going for are absurdly low.

And of course the reviews of it have been terrible- I don't want to install it and have to go back to the previous version (like I did with Leopard until 10.5.2 came out)...

Cloudscout

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2000
Golden Valley, MN
How do you check your order status?

I haven't gotten an email from them and it's been months.

I placed my initial order through their website and received an email with a link for tracking the status.

Today, the status finally changed to "Shipped" so hopefully it will show up in the next day or two. Technically, it should have arrived today since their offer said to allow 6 to 8 weeks after general availability for DELIVERY but I guess that's nitpicking.

trip1ex

macrumors 68030
Jan 10, 2008

garfoon

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2008
I do believe in miracles! Mine was delivered today!! They sent it via USPS not DHL so it took 11 days to deliver.

tarjan

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2006
"We are still going through the incoming mail" is the response I just got after calling MS. I placed my online order on dec 27 and sent everything in a week later. Been waiting ever since.

Every week they say call back next week.

I understand it is difficult on their end to go through the 50-60k requests, but they need a better answer for their reps. Entourage is just too slow while searching through my email, I need that upgrade!

Cloudscout

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2000
Golden Valley, MN
Microsoft has finally broken their silence on the matter. According the the latest post on the Mac Mojo blog, all Super Suite Deal orders have now shipped. I, personally, received my copy today. According to the order status page, it was supposed to ship via USPS but it arrived via DHL.

It was the Special Media Edition and it came with the same form letter that everyone else seems to have received saying, essentially, that they weren't sure which version I had ordered and that if this was the wrong version, I should call and they would replace it with the other version.

iMinnesotan

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2006
Minneapolis, MN

Cloudscout

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2000
Golden Valley, MN
Ha! I clicked on the link and got:

License Limits Reached
This server has reached its license limits for the day. Please contact the sysop at amandf@microsoft.com.

Is the Super Suite Deal the one that ran through January 15 or late 2007? I haven't received an email about mine yet.

That is hilarious.

I've been getting a lot of expired certificate errors when connecting to various Microsoft websites over the last few weeks myself. Someone's really asleep at the switch over there.

To answer your question, the Super Suite Deal was the deal that ran through January 14th.

iMinnesotan

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Apparently the news that all orders have shipped is incorrect. I called MS today and was told there were still lots of envelopes that haven't even been opened yet. I got the same story today that I got two weeks ago: they should go out within two weeks.

tarjan

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2006
I've asked that the issue be escalated. The macbu should be posting that they were incorrect or we should have the remaining units shipped immediately.

Doubt it will do anything, but who knows.

chinarider

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2008
Just Shipped!

I sent in the paperwork 2/2 - They finally processed it 4/2, but status was backordered.

I got a note last week telling me that it would ship 5/1, then 5/5. This morning, they sent me a note saying it shipped last night and will be delivered tomorrow.

So those of you who sent in around 2/2 should have heard from them - If not, call the number on the rebate form.

T

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.