Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joethemobile

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2015
Been using Office 2016 via office 365 since it was released and it still needs large improvements especially on outlook crashing evernow and then for no apparent reason.

MLinneer

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2013
Sherman, TX
On my non-retina 2013 iMac i5, Word 2016 takes up to 50 seconds to cold start. That is just unacceptable. Word 2011 launches in about 3 seconds... and has all the features the 'New' version has. Same with Excel and since I really use both pretty infrequently (Pages and Numbers preferred), I've deleted 2016 and regained 6.5Gb of precious storage.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
The only thing I don't like about Office for the Mac (at least at the moment), is the fact that in excel and word, I need to bring up the zoom magnification to 125% or 150% to be readable. On my work computer and my SP3, the spreadsheets and documents are rendered at a size that its readable. On my Mac everything is too small.

This is not new to this version, its seemingly always been like that - still with the feature parity and visual similarities I was hoping this issue would disappear with the newer version

Toltepeceno

Suspended
Jul 17, 2012
SMT, Edo MX, MX
On my non-retina 2013 iMac i5, Word 2016 takes up to 50 seconds to cold start. That is just unacceptable. Word 2011 launches in about 3 seconds... and has all the features the 'New' version has. Same with Excel and since I really use both pretty infrequently (Pages and Numbers preferred), I've deleted 2016 and regained 6.5Gb of precious storage.

It takes 2 seconds on my 2012 base mini, the 2016 version, the same as pages. Then again I am running an ssd and when I had the spinner nothing ran or opened acceptable in yosemite, even apple apps. Imovie used to take up towards a minute to open, now it's 4 seconds. I'm guessing you have a spinner and yosemite is horrible with spinners, you realize just how much when you put in an ssd.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.