Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

savar

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2003
District of Columbia
If you are in NoVA, the BestBuy in Leesburg has both models. Got my 16gb tonight and am typing this on it via wifi in my home network. Love it so far!

AWwww.. I didn't know best buy even carried ipods.

I went to three Apple stores today. Left work at 3 to go to Clarendon (closest to my house)...was playing with the touch (my first time with touch or iphone) and fell in love. Then I overheard the sales guy saying they were totally sold out.

So I hopped in the car and drove to Pentagon. That store is terrible. All of 7 people working there, 3 of them behind the genius bar. Finally I get ahold of a girl and she says that they have 8GB but not 16GB. This store doesn't even have a checkout counter!

So I give up and go home...reading through this thread I see that Tysons still has some. So I call the store and ask, and he says they sure do have em. I ask if he thinks they'll still be any left if I get there in an hour and he say can't be sure. So I jump in the car instantly and exactly 22 minutes later walk into the store. The first girl I talk to says they're sold out. I ask another guy and he says they never even got them in!!

So anyway...a day late and a dollar short I guess. If I had just visited the stores in a different order I probably would have gotten one. The biggest irony is my friend was the Tysons store earlier today buying a laptop...but I wasn't sure which ipod to get until I played with all of them at the Clarendon store.

Anyhoo, my goal is to get one before Monday so I can have it at work...so I gots two days left. I'm gonna keep reading the thread and calling Clarendon.

itsmillertime

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2007
Apple Store Cambride in Mass received 4 touch's 2 days ago. I called yesterday and was able to put one on hold, and I went to the store today and purchased it. Just keep calling apple stores, and call them multiple times until you get somewhere.

trevorlsciact

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2007
Orlando FL
I bought my 16GB touch yesterday at the Westfarms Apple Store in CT. They didnt even know they had them in until they checked the computer and seemed shocked they did. They said I was the first one to buy one and asked me to open it in store so they could see it. While I was opening it the employees gathered around me to get a look at it. lol It was kind of like a Seinfeld episode.

I can picture that.

Annndy!

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2006
Halethorpe, MD
FWIW, by the time I called Montgomery Mall last night around 9:15 they said they'd sold out, but were very helpful and said they might be getting another shipment today. They also said that their shipment yesterday was all 16GBs, but they weren't sure if that meant a shipment today would be all 8s or not.

I also just talked to the Columbia Mall store and they said they would not be getting their first shipment until next week.

Any updates from Towson?

They must have been misinformed. I waltzed in and picked up an 8GB Touch at around 11ish this morning.

Mtirv

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2007
Falls Church City, VA
AWwww.. I didn't know best buy even carried ipods.

I went to three Apple stores today. Left work at 3 to go to Clarendon (closest to my house)...was playing with the touch (my first time with touch or iphone) and fell in love. Then I overheard the sales guy saying they were totally sold out.

So I hopped in the car and drove to Pentagon. That store is terrible. All of 7 people working there, 3 of them behind the genius bar. Finally I get ahold of a girl and she says that they have 8GB but not 16GB. This store doesn't even have a checkout counter!

So I give up and go home...reading through this thread I see that Tysons still has some. So I call the store and ask, and he says they sure do have em. I ask if he thinks they'll still be any left if I get there in an hour and he say can't be sure. So I jump in the car instantly and exactly 22 minutes later walk into the store. The first girl I talk to says they're sold out. I ask another guy and he says they never even got them in!!

So anyway...a day late and a dollar short I guess. If I had just visited the stores in a different order I probably would have gotten one. The biggest irony is my friend was the Tysons store earlier today buying a laptop...but I wasn't sure which ipod to get until I played with all of them at the Clarendon store.

Anyhoo, my goal is to get one before Monday so I can have it at work...so I gots two days left. I'm gonna keep reading the thread and calling Clarendon.

That sucks. I'm going to do the same thing, as well as check the Best Buys around here, and hopefully I can grab one tomorrow.

At the Tysons store, I asked two people at the checkout counter if they had the touches. Both said no without looking. Later, right before I left, I heard an employee saying that they may have some 8gigs left. They need to keep their employees a bit more up to date (these were two hours apart) :p

mrat93

macrumors 68020
Dec 30, 2006
I wonder why only the 16GBs are stocking?

So next week, Steve Jobs will say " We've found that most people are buying the 16gb model, so we are dropping the 8gb model, and lowering the price of the 16gb iPod Touch to only $200".

AppleFan08

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2007
Jesus...All of you guys buying your touches at Best Buys are lucky! I've called every BB in a 50 mile radius (of Sacramento) and NO BB's have them! They say, oh, itll be here at the end of the month. Losers.

skoker

macrumors 68000
Aug 6, 2005
Walden Galleria (Buffalo, NY) is SOLD OUT, thanks in part to me. They had 3 16GB and 2 8GB, and I took the last 8.

They said *possibly* they'd get more on Monday.

No floor models, interestingly enough.

Eclipse278

macrumors regular
Jan 21, 2007
Do they have them out on display? Did they have 8GBs?
I called today at 4:30 and they were out. They /might/ get a shipment tomorrow.

They were not out on display. I had to ask for it specifically. They also said they only had the 16gb. I've been playing with it all day and it's great!

aidanpendragon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2005
Hah...I love Apple Store retail employees - it's like you get hired based on your piercings or something. Called Clarendon around 5 PM; they reconfirmed they were all out. When I asked when they were getting more, I was told, "oh, in the next week or two." If you don't have a clue, just say that.

Mtirv

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2007
Falls Church City, VA
Hah...I love Apple Store retail employees - it's like you get hired based on your piercings or something. Called Clarendon around 5 PM; they reconfirmed they were all out. When I asked when they were getting more, I was told, "oh, in the next week or two." If you don't have a clue, just say that.

Rofl.

In other words, they'll get a new shipment tomorrow probably :D

savar

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2003
District of Columbia
That sucks. I'm going to do the same thing, as well as check the Best Buys around here, and hopefully I can grab one tomorrow.

At the Tysons store, I asked two people at the checkout counter if they had the touches. Both said no without looking. Later, right before I left, I heard an employee saying that they may have some 8gigs left. They need to keep their employees a bit more up to date (these were two hours apart) :p

Yeah...I can't believe one of the employees at Tyson's didn't even know they had them in stock. They were on display!!

I'm sorry, but when you begin a shift there has to be some kind of briefing where they mention little factoids like "we are stocking the most popular ipod ever 2 weeks early today."

gorkt

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2007
I bought a 16G touch at the Apple store at the Burlington Mall in Burlington MA yesterday.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.