Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

akuma13

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
Surprised there isn't a new thread yet. MKBHD has received the phone and did a camera review. Camera is looking good so far.

Reactions: apolloa

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Here are supposed images of the One Plus 2

oneplus_two_story.jpg

oneplus_two_sides_story.jpg

http://www.neowin.net/news/this-is-what-the-oneplus-two-looks-like-fingerprint-scanner-and-all

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
And what are they using for an OS? Are they going all in with Oxygen now that CM seems to be ancient history?

Really like the monolithic slab style front--looks like the offspring of a Nexus and Galaxy S6 (with no logo :D). The back panel looks like felt (i'm sure it's not but that's what i see :p).

I'm with MRU though--the ridiculous nature of their marketing/hype/etc and how little regard they appear to have for their potential customers will keep me away from this device, regardless of how good it turns out to be.

mrex

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
europe
i was going to buy oneplus2 but because it has no wireless charging, im not so sure anymore...

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I'm not getting sucked into the hype of this, though it does look good :)

Reactions: Six8

Agent-J

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2014
Looking at a OP2 or maybe even a OPO. No more iPhones. What'll probably happen is I order a OP2 and the kid gets it, then hands me down his OPO. Ah well. Let's hope they don't have another touchscreen debacle, that hit my son's phone and it was quite bad until OP got the software patched.

Perhaps as a OPO purchaser I'll get some sort of invite, we'll see.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Looking at a OP2 or maybe even a OPO. No more iPhones. What'll probably happen is I order a OP2 and the kid gets it, then hands me down his OPO. Ah well. Let's hope they don't have another touchscreen debacle, that hit my son's phone and it was quite bad until OP got the software patched.

It's one plus .... Over the next few months I predict many debacles. Given the amount of emails they are spamming past purchasers with I imagine eventually all one plus owners will get an invite .... But it will take months, in the meantime they will be getting forum users to spam social media like crazy...

mrex

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
europe

well you were able to give your email to get an invite on some day, the invite server (reservations) went down immediately and already there are thousends of names on the system. some lucky bastards have a reservation number below 50000! lol

the reservation server is working again.

Last edited:

three

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2008
I've had a OnePlus One (and used it as my daily driver) since late last year. It's been a good device and I've had nothing but good experiences with it. I'm excited to see what the OnePlus Two has to offer, but especially with the Snapdragon 810 and all of the issues that has come to play with it, I'm a bit worried. I'll definitely still watch the presentation tomorrow, wait it out for reviews and the issues that come to play and decide from there. I signed up for a invite and I was like 48,000 or something.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
HTC M9 does have the same SD810 rev 2.1 chip, so don't get caught by their marketing...

But sadly people do believe the #hype even after #all the BS and failed promises prior.

They are great at the art of brainwashing, that they already have created a form of #one plus cult

I actually have lost quite a bit of respect for MKBHD for selling out and getting onboard the #hype gravy train.

Reactions: tbayrgs and gotluck

JaySoul

macrumors 68030
Jan 30, 2008
There's no way I'm buying this thing but I'm definitely interested, and it's great for a "challenger" company to mix things up a bit. I hope they nail it.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I would have to say in MKBHD's camera test, the best photos were taken on the new One+ 2 and the LG G4, iPhone 6 + looked washed out and the S6 wasn't focusing properly making background details blurry. Interesting.

Yeah i watched that video and was somewhat skeptical of the result. The fact that he's really gone all in with the #HYPE train makes me question his impartiality and whether some doctoring is involved.

I will look forward to Detroitborg / Angela Griffin and others hands on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.