Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MonksMac

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2005
DFW
ok well, i have another question. I know that apple offers student discounts. But do they by any chance offer any gov't worker discount? like say if you work in the Treasury Dept?

EDIT: nvm, i found it online but i can't get it to work right it just says :
Sorry

Unable to enter the requested store.

I can acess the gov't store on my comp from home. strange.:confused:

obafgkm

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2006
AppleCare Date?

If one purchases a Mac online from Apple, what is the date that AppleCare starts? The date of purchase or the date that the computer is actually received? While this may not matter in the beginning, my luck with warranties says that three years out, the computer will fail between (date of online purchase + 3 years) and (date of receipt + 3 years) :)

Also, I thought that Apple Stores would install RAM right there (so you could walk out with 1 Gbyte or 2 Gbytes of RAM installed in your MacBook).

it5five

macrumors 65816
May 31, 2006
New York
I called the Apple store here in Phoenix, and they said they can do RAM upgrades in the store. Just call and see if the one near you does.

"I can acess the gov't store on my comp from home. strange."

I can access it from home. Maybe it was just down when you tried?

lonestartech

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2006
Apple Store EDU policy

sb58 said:
ok well, i have another question. I know that apple offers student discounts. But do they by any chance offer any gov't worker discount? like say if you work in the Treasury Dept?

EDIT: nvm, i found it online but i can't get it to work right it just says :
Sorry

Unable to enter the requested store.
I have had many people buy from the education store at apple.com they do not check online for any proof. All you have to do is pick any school close to where you live and hit ok when they ask you to verfiy that you go there or work there and then they give you the discount and ship you the goods.

chairguru22

macrumors 6502a
May 31, 2006
PA
rockthecasbah said:
also if you are using an edu. discount, the online store has been said to be much better. They sometimes have gotten a bit testy about the discount from word i've heard, so i always try stuff in the Apple stores and buy online :)

i didnt have any problems with my edu discount... online you actually have to log-in with your university password before the discount works and in the store he just seemed to look at my ID and that was it.

celebrian23

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2006
Under the sun
At least at the apple store I went to the sales guy said all I had to do was bring in my acceptance letter and I was good to go for my educational discount.

obafgkm

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2006
obafgkm said:
If one purchases a Mac online from Apple, what is the date that AppleCare starts? The date of purchase or the date that the computer is actually received? While this may not matter in the beginning, my luck with warranties says that three years out, the computer will fail between (date of online purchase + 3 years) and (date of receipt + 3 years) :)

Bump. Any thoughts?

ImNoSuperMan

macrumors 65816
Dec 1, 2005
obafgkm said:

Also, I thought that Apple Stores would install RAM right there (so you could walk out with 1 Gbyte or 2 Gbytes of RAM installed in your MacBook).

Though I dont have any experience with online purchase of an Apple product; common sense tells me that it cant be earlier than the date of shipment. ie the day when your computer is actually shipped, instead of the the day of order. Since your computer reaches you within 2-5 days, date of shipment looks like the date when your Apple Care starts. Or it might me the date of receipt. But it can in no way be the date of order IMHO.

But as they say, common sense is not really common out there:D .

Some one who has actually purchased online will be able to confirm/correct this. Anyone?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.