Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ben_Dover

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2015
the orzly invisicase imho takes the cake home. my brother loves it..:p

we're finally done trying armorsuit, skinomi, spigen, zagg, jetech etc... :rolleyes:

chrispurvis86

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2015
we ordered the same day. i hope you got yours today coz i got mine. I'm from canada. the royal mail tracking is so ****** though. seller was so quick to respond

I still haven't received mine so I've been refunded by the seller today. My friend is in the same boat as me, still hasn't got his but he asked for a replacement. It could be Royal Mail I suppose!

Ben_Dover

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2015
Yes it was the same seller. I'm not trying to give him a bad name on the forum as he responded and refunded my money so I'll give him credit for that. Hopefully everyone else receives their case.

i was about to message them too today but i found the slip from the post that they "tried" yesterday. so i picked it up today. too bad. I'm really impressed with the product.

chrispurvis86

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2015
i was about to message them too today but i found the slip from the post that they "tried" yesterday. so i picked it up today. too bad. I'm really impressed with the product.
Yes I still would like one, I may order direct from orzly for double the price! Still only £9.99 - do others think it's still worth that amount?

Ben_Dover

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2015
Yes I still would like one, I may order direct from orzly for double the price! Still only £9.99 - do others think it's still worth that amount?

I personally think yes.

After armor n skinomi n some other products that I tried, it is worth it.

Before this I had the JETech tempered n spigen thin fit. It was bulky n there's dust build up in between the tempered glass n Spigen. You have to clean 2x a day.

Cpt. Gilgamesh

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2013
USA
Just received my Apple Watch today so here are my impressions of the Monoy.

It's not extremely noticeable except when you touch it. Force Touch works very well while regular touches can either be a hit or a miss. I have a feeling this plastic can scratch easily so I ordered a second one for when this one is caput. It's not the greatest experience, but it will save your watch from scratches. I'm 100% certain it already has for me. Fit is tight and no water/air bubbles have appeared with only some light "steam" around the edges. It does give a rainbow effect under certain light, but nothing that impacts quality too harshly. Most people I showed my watch to today only really noticed the watch itself to even begin to notice a case.

Reactions: Jmona and lirn8

linhromrom

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2015
bought from the same seller, i have to say im very impressed considered hes in the UK, shipping take 1 week which is vey very fast comparing to everything else that ship from overseas these days.

Since this thread opened, there has been enormous orders from that seller.

Anyway, im very happy with the purchase, the only concern i have for this type of "case" is that it wont last long since its bassically plastic (or whatever) so it will get scratches easily over time and your display will look rubbish in short amount of time i presume.

Another tiny bit is that touching the display has a slightly different feeling now since there is very small gap between the display and the cover, so you can sort of feel you are touching on the plastic part first. Its very hard to explain but its not as nice as touching the glass display itself. But overall for 15$ i cant complain anything. Its much better if you scrap your watch face against the wall with one day

edit: another weird thing is when you receive notification, the haptic feedback of the watch kinda shake the cover as well.....

Last edited:

Gjwilly

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2011
SF Bay Area

Mac7

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2009
I like the Orzly case, but as you can see in the picture on the right corner of the watch screen, I always get those spots. And they aren't always on the same spot, it differs (yesterday, it was on the right upper corner and the day before in the centre of the screen).
I have to add that I use the Skinomi screen protector underneath the Orzly case, because I didn't plan to use the case all the time, so maybe that's the reason for the spots.

So I'm going to use the case for days where I expect casualties (like hiking, biking, ...) but for normal use, I'll just stay with the Skinomi.

I've noticed a similar thing on my monoy

Lockon

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2010
Ok. After a week with the Monoy cover, I'm not a fan. I don't recommend it for these reasons...

1. Scratches too easily. If you've ever has a cheap clear iPhone case, you know how it looks awful after awhile.
2. Fingerprints! Fingerprints everywhere!!!! And they don't wipe off easily. Nothing like the glass screen.
3. Pops off easily. It's done this 3 times in a week by hitting door jams and a car door.
4. When you wash your hands, water can get under the cover. I've had to remove it multiple times to dry the screen.
5. Sweat!!! If you workout heavily or work outside in the heat, sweat finds its way under the cover. Then you have to clean it off.

I doubt the orzly is better.

(Edited 6-20-15)

Last edited:
Reactions: Cpt. Gilgamesh

dfine1966

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2011
Ok. After 2 days with this type cover, I'm not a fan. I don't recommend it for these reasons...

1. Scratches too easily. If you've ever has a cheap clear iPhone case, you know how it looks awful after awhile.
2. Fingerprints! Fingerprints everywhere!!!! And they don't wipe off easily. Nothing like the glass screen.
3. Pops off easily.
4. When you wash your hands, water can get under the cover. I've had to remove it multiple times to dry the screen.
I'm confused. Did this happen with the Orzly or the Monoy one. They are not the same product, even though they look the same. I see you posted in both threads saying it scratched easy. Which one scratched easy? Does that mean it saved your watch from scratching?

Lockon

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2010
I'm confused. Did this happen with the Orzly or the Monoy one. They are not the same product, even though they look the same. I see you posted in both threads saying it scratched easy. Which one scratched easy? Does that mean it saved your watch from scratching?

My bad. Mine was the monoy.

Cpt. Gilgamesh

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2013
USA
Ok. After 2 days with the Monoy cover, I'm not a fan. I don't recommend it for these reasons...

3. Pops off easily.

Maybe the orzly is better.
I agree with your review except for the popping off. That only happened to me when I worked out and sweat got under the lens. Most of the time, it's fine.

However, I MUST recommend for those of us who are clumsy. I am 100% certain my watch would either be scuffed or even possibly cracked due to me bumping into things throughout the day. I don't mind it looking stupid upon close inspection versus protection. Perhaps that's just me though.

I wonder if the Orzly has any of these same issues. I could only imagine it does. The human body isn't the safest place for technology. :p

Knightcastle

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2015
Ok. After 2 days with the Monoy cover, I'm not a fan. I don't recommend it for these reasons...

3. Pops off easily.

Maybe the orzly is better.
I had the Orzly on for about of the day and came across these issues too, perhaps with the exception of numbers 3 and 4.

Cheap horrible plastic coating the whole watch. It's a scratch magnet, the glare off it is awful anywhere other than a dimly lit room, and yes more often than not you struggle to see the screen for finger prints.

A scratched up watch won't look as bad as that thing. Shame too, because it looks pretty good in everyone's photos and videos.

Lockon

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2010
Just to be clear on the monoy popping off, it did twice. Each time it probably protected the watch, but still frustrating. Both times involved a door frame.

GeekishlyGreek

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2015
Greece
the orzly invisicase imho takes the cake home. my brother loves it..:p

we're finally done trying armorsuit, skinomi, spigen, zagg, jetech etc... :rolleyes:
Cool! (Sorry if this is a big ask, but this is a genuine request...)
Is there any chance you can give like a pros and cons list for each of these ones you've tried? - Especially as most of these are only available online, and there's only so much we can determine from what a seller says about their own stuff, hearing from people like you who have actually used them all and literally been able to compare each one is really useful. Thanks for sharing

Reactions: Jmona

Ben_Dover

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2015
Cool! (Sorry if this is a big ask, but this is a genuine request...)
Is there any chance you can give like a pros and cons list for each of these ones you've tried? - Especially as most of these are only available online, and there's only so much we can determine from what a seller says about their own stuff, hearing from people like you who have actually used them all and literally been able to compare each one is really useful. Thanks for sharing

Skins/films -
pro: they scratch instead of your watch cons: peels off, bubbles, scratches easily, some don't cover entire front.

Glass -
Pros: feels nice (some don't), stays in place, really good protection on space covered
Cons: doesn't cover entire front, dust along edges.

Cases -
spigen thin fit
Pro: looks nice, great protection
Cons: added bulk, pops off, and if you have a glass protector, dust accumulate in between the space of the case and glass.

Orzly
Pros: barely there, super thin but durable, stays on, protects screen and sides, no added bulk.
Cons: water gets under (rain or washing hands) blurring screen, fingerprints, force the force touch lol

Everything else
Bulky and ugly

All protectors
Pros: protection that goes with your style
Cons: obsessively maintaining pristine condition of your watch and protecting the protector it's almost not worth having a protector. I'll still have orzly though. Snap it on and forget about it.

Or get ac+ and don't put any. Bare is the way to go, always feel smooth. That silky velvety feeling. Slides easily. Great responsiveness in all angles or positions.

Cpt. Gilgamesh

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2013
USA
Or get ac+ and don't put any. Bare is the way to go, always feel smooth. That silky velvety feeling. Slides easily. Great responsiveness in all angles or positions.

Agreed. The case is an inconvenience no matter how you put it. Unlike an iPhone, it doesn't have the capability to improve usage, only hinder it. I have AppleCare+ but I'm going to continue to use the Monoy. I really wish I didn't but I don't trust myself. :p

Reactions: Jmona

BeyondtheTech

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2007
I have both the Orzly and Monoy snap-on cases and they're identical, or at least I can't tell them apart. Same shape, same type of plastic, same type of glare and coating.

But after a couple of times they popped off (one of them I never found again, but Monoy was gracious enough to be sending a free replacement), I think I found a subtle way to help prevent that: I found an old roll of double-sided clear sticky tape in my toolbox.

I cut a very tiny piece and applied it to one of the end flaps, then carefully snapped it onto my watches, making sure that the flap with the adhesive is the last to make contact and set the case in place. You can hardly tell it's there.

The case can be removed, and any sticky residue on the watch or the case can be removed by pulling it off with the adhesiveness of packing tape or Scotch tape.

Attachments

• 11427002_10204609016324719_3888554818271774344_n.jpg
    11427002_10204609016324719_3888554818271774344_n.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 249
  • 11403433_10204609017044737_4695567071206031887_n.jpg
    11403433_10204609017044737_4695567071206031887_n.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 249
  • 11201615_10204609018324769_6298818836058236485_n.jpg
    11201615_10204609018324769_6298818836058236485_n.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 246
  • 10410723_10204609015484698_677611221735228529_n.jpg
    10410723_10204609015484698_677611221735228529_n.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 254

Ben_Dover

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2015
I have both the Orzly and Monoy snap-on cases and they're identical, or at least I can't tell them apart. Same shape, same type of plastic, same type of glare and coating.

But after a couple of times they popped off (one of them I never found again, but Monoy was gracious enough to be sending a free replacement), I think I found a subtle way to help prevent that: I found an old roll of double-sided clear sticky tape in my toolbox.

I cut a very tiny piece and applied it to one of the end flaps, then carefully snapped it onto my watches, making sure that the flap with the adhesive is the last to make contact and set the case in place. You can hardly tell it's there.

The case can be removed, and any sticky residue on the watch or the case can be removed by pulling it off with the adhesiveness of packing tape or Scotch tape.

SS with a case?

I'm not judging btw.

BeyondtheTech

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2007
SS with a case?

I'm not judging btw.

1. I'm rather clumsy, 2. I build and move a lot of computer equipment (I've scratched up my Pebble reaching into computer cases over the years), and 3. I've seen how easily the stainless steel model gets scuffed up, 4. the case is not even noticeable when on, so I don't mind.

Cpt. Gilgamesh

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2013
USA

Balling with two watches!
Hmu;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.