Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

h00ligan

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2003
London
So we got the ozrly yesterday. Came in a day from Amazon for the 38 but it's coming from China on the 42mm

I'd say it's more invisible in person and glancing at it wouldn't really show there's a hard protector on it.

It's marginally thicker than the scarf case for iPhone, milk jug thick maybe a bit thicker.

There's one quite delicate prong so you have to really make sure you get around the button side before snapping it down

I was a big naysayer on this one but my gf said she really wanted to get full body protection after a tiny nick appears in her aluminum.

It doesn't look as good as a well applied screen protector but it does more and it doesn't look much worse.

Pictures accentuate the product more than what would happen in real life just walking by people or paying for something.

I'm considering switching to this myself so I can also use the spigen to chunk up the sport watch a bit and make it look like an old g shock.

Touch response seems completely unaffected

I've included soits wih high reflectivity from sunshine and typical indoor lighting sorry for the odd if gee print. I was in a hurry to grab these before she left.
image.jpg

image.jpg

This next one is typically what it looks like in real life. Mostly looks like nothing.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I hope that's helpful to some

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 191
Last edited:

ericg301

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2010
Got the Monoy for my Space Gray sport, based on this thread alone. I've found that it makes the digital crown a bit harder to turn -- you have to come at it from a different angle. And it's popped off a couple times already. Screen slightly less responsive.

But it protects the screen.

Last edited:

linhromrom

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2015
I have the Orzly and based on what i've read here. The Monoy looks exactly the same but functions totally different. The Orzly has no effect on the digital crown whatsoever. And its impossible to pop out accidentally......

ericg301

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2010
so realized now my monoy already has a broken tab. had this 48 hours. only removed it once or twice. havent bumped into anything. also spent 10 minutes trying to find a monoy website online and got nothing.

is the orzly made of a better material?

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    963 KB · Views: 178

linhromrom

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2015
i wouldnt know since I only have the Orzly, as someone pointed out a couple of pages ago. The monoy is the knock off from the Orzly. I have been using Orzly case for my iphones for ages. They are a respectable brand (similar to Spigen IMO) for accessories. Monoy is a knock off brand that no one heard off

ericg301

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2010
ok i only bought the monoy because i have the space gray watch and someone a few pages ago mentioned that the gray tinted case blended in better that the clear. but i'll go ahead and grab the orzly too.

Biggs91276

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2014
Kansas
Received my orzly today and it's very similar to the monoy case only thing the monoy is tinted which looks better but the orzly functions the same way as the monoy. Touch responsiveness is the same and fingerprints are worse on the orzly. So took it off and gonna stay with my thin fit till I find more better cases.

h00ligan

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2003
London
so realized now my monoy already has a broken tab. had this 48 hours. only removed it once or twice. havent bumped into anything. also spent 10 minutes trying to find a monoy website online and got nothing.

is the orzly made of a better material?
That part is delicate but it's all about how you put it on

I still womdwe if they're the exact same item.

It's a thin clear material marginally thicker than a milk jug.

The ozrly doesn't pop off easily at all. But I womder if that outside tab gets bent if that causes the issue. The digital crown also isn't affected as the ozrly doesn't tocuh the crown

I just don't see how these items , one could be a knockoff of the other. The likelihood is they're identical.

Both are exactly the same shape
Appear to be the same material
Has anyone heard of ozrly being a major first party supplier?
They both ship from China.

linhromrom

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2015
mine Ozly shipped from the UK, same with my other Orzly products. Though most likely all made in China and come from the same place, just where the sellers got stocks from

scott99

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2007
ok i only bought the monoy because i have the space gray watch and someone a few pages ago mentioned that the gray tinted case blended in better that the clear. but i'll go ahead and grab the orzly too.
I think that was me. I definitely swear by the gray tinted one (smoke), because it really does blend in better than the crystal clear one, without any loss of clearness. Mine is the monoy one, and so far haven't had one issue yet, I love it.

eqppwqqep

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2015
I have the Orzly and based on what i've read here. The Monoy looks exactly the same but functions totally different. The Orzly has no effect on the digital crown whatsoever. And its impossible to pop out accidentally......

Mine popped off after 30 minutes of wear. My daughter found it for me. I had no idea it had come off. She said I was hugging her and it popped off and she picked it up for me. That surely is not a good sign.

ericg301

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2010
I got my Orzly yesterday, after getting the Monoy last week.

The Orzly is just a hair thinner -- which solves most of the issues I had with the Monoy. It doesn't catch on the digital crown and the touch screen is more responsive. Although I had the same issue as the poster above -- when I picked up my daughter, it popped off.

It's not a perfect case, but for the time being it should work until something better comes around. The clear color pops more than the gray of Monoy -- it's more obvious that I have a case on.

As a thin piece of plastic worth about 7 cents, I doubt it'll last very long. And I probably won't reorder for the $8.99 I paid for it.

ericg301

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2010
welp, just took off my watch to throw on the charger and noticed my orzly is gone. probably popped off at a restaurant earlier.

oh well. not going to replace this -- although i did just order some screen protectors to try out instead.

Biggs91276

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2014
Kansas
welp, just took off my watch to throw on the charger and noticed my orzly is gone. probably popped off at a restaurant earlier.

oh well. not going to replace this -- although i did just order some screen protectors to try out instead.

What kind of screen protectors did u order?

lewanchris

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2015
Calafornia
What kind of screen protectors did u order?

Iv tried a few different brand screen protectors. The best one for me was a pack of TWENTY by a company called casebase. They are available on amazon. I dnt really use them anymore as i need more solid protection

The strange thing is i went from glass screen protectors to normal screen protectors (my favourite was the casebase ones) and then getting confused from this thread went for the moony crystal case which wasnt great to finally then going for the Orzly invisicase which i love. I can see very mixed feelings here. My watch is the 42mm. Im wondering if the people who have commented about it popping of are experiencing this on the 38mm??

Iv been biking, iv lifted weights at the gym at least 3 times since i have it, iv fallen asleep with the watch but the orzly invisicase is still on there. Maybe someone here should email Orzly and ask if them if they have any idea whats going on because i really like the case.

ericg301

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2010
I ended up getting Zagg installed at the mall for $20. Was hard to stomach, just on principal. But at least it's guaranteed and they would have redone it as many times as it took to get it right.

As he was installing it, I told the guy "I cant believe I'm getting a screen protector for a watch" and said that most of the Apple store (which is 20 feet away) employees have gotten their covered.

ericg301

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2010
You guys should really check out the x-Doria case. It's really nice!

but it doesnt cover the screen, right?

honestly i could care less about the casing getting dinged up -- it's a watch! it'll give it character. but the screen is essential to keep pristine.

menace3

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008
Seattle, WA
Has anyone tried the smoked Monoy or Orzly on a regular SS Watch?
I went ahead and ordered the Orzly but from eBay and a generic one as well.
I was wondering also if anyone has tried the Monoy with a Bumper around it and subsequently the watch? Like these:
fc43e48b90a2be0fbc109af64c6b0363.jpg

I know. It's a stup*d question but I thought to ask anyway.

I am thinking the same. Did you get yours? Have both on? I have a few colored bumpers from ebay. Let me know

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.