Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Ddyracer

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2009
app badges and a closer look at the rather petite looking indicators

2vdmgsn.png

One question: do you want apple to go back to the big cat names? I know you do because of your Notes screenshot. :confused:

I miss them, but it's fine for me, more interested in having a solid os.

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
Just booted into Yosemite, and all I can say is 'wow'. This thing is so different from Mavericks. The UI is nice, but theres obviously a lot of tweaking still to do. It will be like the iOS 7 betas, where each beta improved and refined the UI.

Not sure how much I like this new Safari UI - it looks rather odd to me.

Jacksonc

macrumors 6502
Dec 1, 2013
Jony's house
Is anybody disappointed in the WWDC keynote announcements? I'm super excited about everything, but my brother keeps saying that they wasted the whole event talking about software.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
Is anybody disappointed in the WWDC keynote announcements? I'm super excited about everything, but my brother keeps saying that they wasted the whole event talking about software.

Software is the most important part...and it's the part that Apple needs to improve the most, IMO.

As to no hardware, it's not much of a surprise. Broadwell is delayed, so no new laptops or iMacs. The only piece of hardware that I could've seen them announcing is a retina display.

Jacksonc

macrumors 6502
Dec 1, 2013
Jony's house
Software is the most important part...and it's the part that Apple needs to improve the most, IMO.

As to no hardware, it's not much of a surprise. Broadwell is delayed, so no new laptops or iMacs. The only piece of hardware that I could've seen them announcing is a retina display.

That's how I feel. I really like what I saw about iOS and OSX, and I really like the new developer stuff.

----------

aqua is flat:

calc not flat:

Any chance that the calc will be redesigned in a future beta?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.