Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

garylapointe

macrumors 68000
Feb 19, 2006
Dearborn (Detroit), MI, USA
I have this theory/rumor/BS/fantasy that Lion Day will involve a full Mac, iPod and iPhone refresh to really hit the media with a 'wow' factor.

That would make sense as to why they didn't do the back-to-school deal with a free iPod or Touch if they were going to refresh before September.

BUT, I just don't think they'll do Lion, hardware and the iPhone "5" (which also brings up the cloud again) on the same day. They'd lose a lot in the news cycle. Wait another week for the iPhone / Touch and iCloud....

Gary

AndyK

macrumors 65816
Jan 10, 2008
Terra
You would be wrong. US websites tend to use US spelling. UK and Australian and others use the u. So it correct for US English.

Are you now demonstrating American grammar? :rolleyes:

On topic - Lion seems to be on for release by the end of the month which is now less than two weeks away. Until we actually see something come out from Apple with regards to a date, these rumours will continue to appear as previous rumours' dates pass.

DrJohnnyN

Suspended
Jan 27, 2010
Screen-Shot-2011-07-18-at-16.42.18-e1311003829558.png

antonis

macrumors 68020
Jun 10, 2011
So, seriously, if it proves true, would this be a successful rumor ? Really ?
I hope none is holding his breath by now.

I mean, you guys running all these rumors sites, have obviously failed. How about stop any more rumors and just let Lion come when it comes ? Please ?

knownikko

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2009
AppleInsider reports that this Wednesday may finally be the day that OS X Lion and new MacBook Air models finally begin shipping as consumers have been anxiously awaiting the releases.

Editing 101: "anxious" != "eager"

How many here are experiencing "worry, unease, or nervousness" about the impending release of new software and hardware?

Ulf1103

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2011
That would make sense as to why they didn't do the back-to-school deal with a free iPod or Touch if they were going to refresh before September.

BUT, I just don't think they'll do Lion, hardware and the iPhone "5" (which also brings up the cloud again) on the same day. They'd lose a lot in the news cycle. Wait another week for the iPhone / Touch and iCloud....

Gary

I guess that we'll need to wait and see what will happen :)
But it's possible :p

Stok3

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2011
Are you now demonstrating American grammar? :rolleyes:

On topic - Lion seems to be on for release by the end of the month which is now less than two weeks away. Until we actually see something come out from Apple with regards to a date, these rumours will continue to appear as previous rumours' dates pass.

finally common sense prevails .;)

englishman

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2006
Just sold my MBA in anticipation for this next big thing. Backlit keyboard will be useful.

Cloudsurfer

macrumors 65816
Apr 12, 2007
Netherlands
This is some messed up ****.

First, Apple was holding off new hardware until Lion was ready. Now Apple is holding off Lion until new hardware is ready.

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
Doesn't 8:30 am EDT seem like a strange time for an Apple release?

Yes, for hardware only it makes sense but would Apple really release a huge software download release at 5:30 AM california time?

I think SimonTheSoundMa may be English.

It's spelt Rumour in the UK.

Funny, last I checked both MR and Apple were based in the USA.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.