Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dcranston

macrumors member
Apr 1, 2004
Usually the whole family gathers round and we spend
an entire evening watching the disc... sometimes two.

Really??? That's ridiculous.

I just buy 3 or 4 copies, frame them, and put them up in my living room, den, at work, and in my car.

Neat tip for your family, if you have one of those flat CD players with glass in front where you get to watch the CD spin, if you put the Leopard install disk in it plays 2001: A Space Odyssey and the galaxy on the disc becomes 3D.

MartiNZ

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2008
Auckland, New Zealand
Same here. 10.5.0 was definitely usable. I wasn't affected by any of the issues people complained about but I was using a 12" Powerbook G4 back then. No idea how it was with Intel hardware.

Same, it was fine on the 12" PB, but then when I got the early 2008 15" MBP, 10.5.2 caused all sorts of grief, along with the heavily counterproductive "Leopard Graphics Update" that made office:mac apps crash the entire system when resizing a window, and made WoW crash things regularly as well - that seems to have started happening again, and the graphics mess up a lot on SL ... so we'll see.

NoSmokingBandit

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2008
Sorry, Im not sure were to ask this. But would it even be worth it for me to upgrade my iMac Intel Core Duo 2.0 Ghz to SL?

Your cpu wont get the benefits of 64bit support, but you will still probably notice quite a speed bump due to the slimming down and optimizing of many core apps.
Its not like you have to upgrade on day 1, you can wait it out a few months and see what other Core Duo iMac users say about the upgrade.

brad.c

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2004
50.813669°, -2.474796°
well yea, I guess I should of said would I get anything out of the 64 bit ?

I think that model is the same as my Mac Mini 1,1 (Intel Core Duo 1.66 Ghz).
It's a 32 bit processor, so no.

I'm buying SL Family pack anyways, so I will bump the mini too.

EDIT: beat by NoSmokingBandit! Where does the time fly?

RobertCraigWils

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2009
Thats the most retarded looking install cd Apple has ever made.

Panther:
Panther_103_Disks.jpg

Tiger:
Tiger_DVD.jpg

Leopard:
installdvd.png

Noticing a trend here?

All of them are round? :p

cloneDP

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2008
I think that model is the same as my Mac Mini 1,1 (Intel Core Duo 1.66 Ghz).
It's a 32 bit processor, so no.

I'm buying SL Family pack anyways, so I will bump the mini too.

EDIT: beat by NoSmokingBandit! Where does the time fly?

Oh ok, Thanks yea Im guy by the way. I have to install more memory any ways if im gonna buy SL so I might wait or not at all. Because I think you need at lest 1 GB of memory it says to have SL, and I just went with the standard when I first got my iMac. I need a new Mac anyways I feel left out in some way.

revbarabbas

macrumors regular
Apr 27, 2009
Oh ok, Thanks yea Im guy by the way. I have to install more memory any ways if im gonna buy SL so I might wait or not at all. Because I think you need at lest 1 GB of memory it says to have SL, and I just went with the standard when I first got my iMac. I need a new Mac anyways I feel left out in some way.

Sorry about the misinformation I sent you...my mind just sort of filled in the 2 when I read Core Duo and I thought it said Core 2 Duo.

cloneDP

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2008
Sorry about the misinformation I sent you...my mind just sort of filled in the 2 when I read Core Duo and I thought it said Core 2 Duo.

thats okay, I can understand how you can get confused with the two
thanks again for the help and everyone else that helped also

Povilas

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2008
Lithuania
You two are like the year nines fighting over who gets to get the last whiteboard marker. Its so cute. :D

No seriously, YOU WERE PROVED WRONG. Be a good sport and admit defeat.

Proved wrong? How this is possible if it's a matter of taste? How DVD print can look retarded if it just looks the way they felt it should look at that time? If someone doesn't like how it looks then one should say so. Clearly it doesn't look retarded it just looks different. It's a big question who is nine by the way ;)

Stellarola

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2008
Looks like Apple removed a lot of the wallpapers from the last build. All the ugly ones like "Graffiti" and "Camo". Oh they sent shivers down my spine. :|

emmab2006

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2008
Stoke on trent
I Think during today we will start seeing leaked screenshots , if this indeed is GM , As for the UI , i hope they have sorted it out ( color wise ) i don't know about you lot but i did like the kind of Charcoal color of the menu's from the Dock ...:D , Even if it was abit of a Rip of the Early MS Longhorn Builds ( 4074 ) etc ..

inkswamp

macrumors 68030
Jan 26, 2003
I ran Leopard 10.5.0 no problems when it first came out.

Did you run it at home for personal use or in a business setting connected to a network as part of a domain? If you did the latter, you saw firsthand what a shambles 10.5.0 was. I was deeply disappointed to see so much that worked perfectly in Tiger fall apart in Leopard. The Active Directory integration was broken beyond belief and didn't get fully addressed until about 10.5.5. Users couldn't change their network account password. Binding to domains was a crapshoot. Weird bugs surfaced where you couldn't change the login items without going into the spinning ball of death. It was horrible.

ACW

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2005
64Bit??

Just installed this "GM" and even my brand new 13" MacBook Pro doesn't run with the 64Bit kernel and extensions.

Looking in system profiler their are only 3 extensions not made for 64Bit and all of them are made by Apple.

Surly this cant be the final code if even the new Macs cant run in 64Bit?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.