Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

emraha06

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 1, 2017
Dear friends, while i was looking the dust under the keys with flash light of İphone, i spotted some weird horizontal or vertical lines on black painted aliminum grill / body. These lines are especially located on the area around the arrow keys and can be seen when you locate the light 2-3 cm far from this area. If you directly illuminate that area, the lines diseppear, but if you Move the light 2-3 far from there and with 20-30 degrees, lines become visible.

It is hard to detect because it is not seen in normal daylight or normal lightened room. Also if you put the light directly top of that area it can not be seen because of shining. Only way is to put the light with 20-30degrees horizontally and 2-3 cm away from that area. And also i have spotted these taints or marks like fingerprint on the other sides of black painted grill.

This was a coincidence for me because i was just trying to detect the amount of dust collected under the key

Is it possible to have a try for this?
Thanks

Last edited:

Spotlighter9

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2021
I tried this lighting on my 16" M1 and have no lines or patterns on the surface of the black anodized aluminum around the arrow keys. It might be a defect in the anodized color application. If you are unhappy, bring it to the Apple Store and perhaps they'll switch it out. If it's a BTO unit, maybe they'll just switch out the top case.

emraha06

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 1, 2017
I tried this lighting on my 16" M1 and have no lines or patterns on the surface of the black anodized aluminum around the arrow keys. It might be a defect in the anodized color application. If you are unhappy, bring it to the Apple Store and perhaps they'll switch it out. If it's a BTO unit, maybe they'll just switch out the top case.
It is hard to detect because it is not seen in normal daylight or normal lightened room. Also if you put the light directly on that area it can not be seen because of shining. Only way is to put the light with 20-30degrees horizontally and 2-3 cm away from that area. And also i have spotted these taints or marks like fingerprint on the other sides of black painted grill.

tmoerel

Suspended
Jan 24, 2008
Does it affect the functionality of your macbook? No??? Just live with it!

kentzh

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2021
It is very out of stock now, the quality is very bad, it is not as good as the first computer after my replacement

kentzh

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2021
Did you motive the same issue?
My first computer was replaced because of the broken sound problem. Yesterday, the second computer proposed to be replaced. I have already posted an article on this problem, because the gaps of the screen are inconsistent, which will lead to wear and tear, which is very bad.

emraha06

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 1, 2017
My first computer was replaced because of the broken sound problem. Yesterday, the second computer proposed to be replaced. I have already posted an article on this problem, because the gaps of the screen are inconsistent, which will lead to wear and tear, which is very bad.
Could you share the link of your thread

kentzh

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2021

tmoerel

Suspended
Jan 24, 2008
is not there anybody to examine this?
Sorry, no. I can't be bothered to look at a cosmetic issue needing a flashlight to see it. I will never see it in normal daily use if it is there and it does not affect the performance of my computer. In my eyes this is irrelevant.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.