Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Well, since everyone else is scared to voice their real opinion, I will!

I am strongly opposed to it. It sets a bad precedent, and will be greatly abused by others. It will encourage people to donate money that should be used on other worthy things instead of a frivolous trip. It is self serving and makes for an obnoxious signature to boot.

Of course I'm kidding!! What do you think, that I would oppose KT?
Not a chance.

Good luck kiddo, and enjoy your trip!

Woof, Woof – Dawg
pawprint.gif

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
MacDawg said:
Well, since everyone else is scared to voice their real opinion, I will!
Goodness gracious. As I read your post I could feel the hot syrup of anger rising w/in me. Hee. :eek: Thinking, "But no! Others have done much much worse and are still doing 'fine,' why can't Katie have an opportunity to raise some money for essentially 'study abroad?!'"

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
Original poster
May 2, 2005
aww, yay
I love you guys

hooray
vienna for meeee@

Frivolous trips are the best kind of trip ever..
and as devilot said, I'm

uhh

studying abroad.
that sounds smart.

:D

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
katie ta achoo said:
aww, yay
I love you guys <snip>
studying abroad.
that sounds smart.
Well you are studying abroad (psst, KT, I'm trying to help ya out here...). Learning team work, cooperation, getting a nibble of a different culture, different peoples, learning to perform publicly (yes, I know you've already done so, but a new venue and new pieces and bottom line is every performance is unique)...

See? Lots of learning.

And there will be learning of other sorts as well... such as, learning to find vegetarian options when there are fantastic meat dishes all around you. *drool* I miss Europe. Sigh.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
Frankly i don't care, its a good cause, your not forcing me into donating just like apple isn't forcing me into getting a new ipod...or wait bad example. If for some strange reason you can't, i would make a web page telling about the trip and bla bla bla, and then on your webpage put the link to donate.... ;)

edit -i went back to edit my post for spelling errors, and i love this new update, a box opens up on your post so you can edit and not have to go to another page that's nice touch

mac-er

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2003
Go for it.

We want to you hone your violin skills so you can play during the Apple quarterly results call when you are CFO.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
Original poster
May 2, 2005
puckhead193 said:
Frankly i don't care, its a good cause, your not forcing me into donating just like apple isn't forcing me into getting a new ipod...or wait bad example. If for some strange reason you can't, i would make a web page telling about the trip and bla bla bla, and then on your webpage put the link to donate.... ;)

edit -i went back to edit my post for spelling errors, and i love this new update, a box opens up on your post so you can edit and not have to go to another page that's nice touch

Oo, I know what you mean about Apple forcing you to get a new iPod! They email me about it! Mmm.. Apple.. New iPod

and YA! the edit box is awesome! It doesn't play well with firebird on windows, though. Hehe.
mac-er said:
Go for it.

We want to you hone your violin skills so you can play during the Apple quarterly results call when you are CFO.
Ohh yes... That would be totally a thing to have in a conference call, haha.
violin over phone lines sounds great. :rolleyes:

gwuMACaddict

macrumors 68040
Apr 21, 2003
washington dc
um... so how long until we actually see this link? i keep clicking back here... no luck... losing interest... better put it up before i find apple stuff to spend my money on... ;) :D

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
Original poster
May 2, 2005
gwuMACaddict said:
um... so how long until we actually see this link? i keep clicking back here... no luck... losing interest... better put it up before i find apple stuff to spend my money on... ;) :D

Geeeez. Keep your money for another day. I'll try to do it tonight, but I have to go to UH for a prospective students thing.

I already know I wanna go to UH, but I'll be getting free h'ors doverus (check out my spelling.. WHY DOES WINDOWS NOT HAVE BUILT IN SPELL CHECK!!!?)

XIII

macrumors 68040
Aug 15, 2004
England
Daveway said:
I think since Katie is a finely established member, she should be given this privilege. I just hope this doesn't give the green light to mass donation sigs.

Agreed. I will try contribute if I learn more about the trip.. :)

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
Original poster
May 2, 2005
XIII said:
Agreed. I will try contribute if I learn more about the trip.. :)

I put the link in my sig.
You can send me your life savings now.

:D Paypal'd

and I'll say it again, I love you guys. Even if I get no money, having people "think about it"
awww shucks, you know how to make a girl appreciate an online forum. :p

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
katie ta achoo said:
University of Houston

They have a good business school, and I'll get free room and board...

livin' at home! YEA!

Being a commutter is nice for that reason- you save cash.

Although, that cash usually just gets spent on more Apple products. :)

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
katie ta achoo said:
and I'll say it again, I love you guys. Even if I get no money, having people "think about it"
awww shucks, you know how to make a girl appreciate an online forum. :p

Well, in that case, I am thinking about sending you $1 million. :) ;)

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
Original poster
May 2, 2005
dmw007 said:
Being a commutter is nice for that reason- you save cash.

Although, that cash usually just gets spent on more Apple products. :)

Unless I do the whole double degree route...

aahahahahaha I have too much on my plate!

BUT, when I have my BBA in finance with a specialization in energy and another degree in econ, we'll see who's laughing
AAAHAHAHA

(it'll be you. at me. because I won't have slept for 4 straight years)

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
Original poster
May 2, 2005
dmw007 said:
Well, in that case, I am thinking about sending you $1 million. :) ;)

DO IT!

I'll send you a post card...

...which reminds me, if any of y'all want post cards, remind me before I leave. Just leave a buck or two, however much postage is, and I'll send ya one.. and draw an apple on the back :)

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
katie ta achoo said:
Geeeez. Keep your money for another day. I'll try to do it tonight, but I have to go to UH for a prospective students thing.

I already know I wanna go to UH, but I'll be getting free h'ors doverus (check out my spelling.. WHY DOES WINDOWS NOT HAVE BUILT IN SPELL CHECK!!!?)

Why does your sig remind of the I Love Lucy "Two Bundles for Britain" episode?:)

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
Original poster
May 2, 2005
Chip NoVaMac said:
Why does your sig remind of the I Love Lucy "Two Bundles for Britain" episode?:)

..I've never seen an episode of I love Lucy in my life.
EVER.

and dmw007, it'll be worth it when I can hire you, and then fire you.. three times in a week.. just for fun.. :):)

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
katie ta achoo said:
..I've never seen an episode of I love Lucy in my life.
EVER.

Really???!!!! :eek:
Go see a few episodes, you are missing out!

katie ta achoo said:
and dmw007, it'll be worth it when I can hire you, and then fire you.. three times in a week.. just for fun.. :):)

Wow, that hurt...I thought we were friends katie. :( ;) :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.