Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dragonforce

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2008
Germany
Your Mac Serial Number contains that information.
You can find it in "About this Mac" when you click two times on the version number of your OS X.

For example W8812xxxxx

W8 ist the code for the facility in Shanghai
8 is the year (2008)
and 12 is the week when your Mac was born

mox123

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2007
Chicago
You can find it in "About this Mac" when you click two times on the version number of your OS X.

For example W8812xxxxx

8 is the year (2008)

oh kewl....mine is W8809xxxx.....hmmm my machine is made in march then????

Sace

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2008
2.4GHz MBP Penryn

Production Week 14
9C80 (AUOptronics) - yellowish lower 1/4th, but barely noticeable.

Vanarak19

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2008

For example W8812xxxxx

8 is the year (2008)

this cant be correct. i bought my MBP online on the 20th of MARCH, and it is showing Week 13 born date...

9c83 here. perfect screen.

asmallchild

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2007
Built Week 10 of 2008 (Built in March which appears about right as CoconutBattery says my laptop is roughly 2 months old)

Screen = 9C83, appears just fine

Is the 9C83 screen less prone to yellowing?

f1vespeed

macrumors member
Apr 14, 2008
9C81, base glossy model. I have a yellow tint in the bottom 1/4, will be taking it back tomorrow.

It's definitely not a backlighting problem. It looks, as others have described it, like a layer of dirt.

ru-sirius?

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2008
Let the buyer beware - the old 'switcheroo'

I just received my 15.4 MBP 2.2 mhz 120 GB that I ordered online from Apple. It has washed out color that is just wrong in comparison to my Dell laptop and my NEC LCD external display. ('Finding Nemo' was a good check)
The color on MBP is nearly identical to my old PB G4 12" - so this is an Apple issue.
I checked my color profile and found that I hve a Chi Mei 9C6D display ( not an LG or Samsung) and I really cannot believe this is an S-IPS display.
I have downloaded some color profiles from this site but they did not improve the colors - or lack thereof.
I also have the "yellow tinge" on the lower part of the display and have used a white-test-file to confirm this.
I am going to my local Apple dealer ASAP to try to exchange for a better display, otherwise I will return it. Fortunately, I am still within the 14 day return period.
PS. I also am returning an HP monitor from Amazon for the same reason!

RSC10

macrumors member
Apr 1, 2008
Total agreement

Another ringing endorsement for the 9C7A. By far the best display I've had the pleasure of using.....

jraneses

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2008
Another ringing endorsement for the 9C7A. By far the best display I've had the pleasure of using.....

I really wish Apple was able to find some 15" panels that share the same quality as the 9C7A. Unfortunately, the only way to get a really nice MBP LCD at the moment is to drop 3k+ on a 17" model. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.