Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gemz1000

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2009
Chicago, IL
Aw...now im sad.:(

It's also a good thing. People want to buy for the holidays and are usually nervous that a new product will come out right after they buy it.

I feel the same way. It's good because now people can buy for the holidays without worrying of something coming out a month or two after they buy it.

agent 86

macrumors member
May 14, 2006
Macbook Pros will be updated within next 6 weeks. How do I know? 'cos i recently took delivery of 3.06GHz MBP & I have that awful feeling of update envy coming on.

Ironduke

Suspended
Nov 12, 2006
England
I think that apple allow the 13" pro to have a 160gb hd for christmas while the polly 13 has a 250gb hardrive is a serious marketing error.

I mean what makes the 13" Pro a Pro over the poly?

Firewire?
illuminated keyboard?
bit better screen?

oh must be the sd card slot:rolleyes:

iMacmatician

macrumors 601
Jul 20, 2008
I think that apple allow the 13" pro to have a 160gb hd for christmas while the polly 13 has a 250gb hardrive is a serious marketing error.

Firewire?
illuminated keyboard?
bit better screen?

I think there were times some years ago when the high-end MacBook had a larger HDD than the low-end MacBook Pro.

jnc

macrumors 68020
Jan 7, 2007
Nunya, Business TX

Firewire?
illuminated keyboard?
bit better screen?

Faster processor option, expandable to 8GB RAM, lighter and thinner with better build quality, firewire, illuminated keyboard, bit better screen and SD card slot.

With £100/$200 separating the two, I'd go for the MBP, and sure wouldn't cry about a <90GB capacity difference

I mean, seriously....

Ironduke

Suspended
Nov 12, 2006
England
Faster processor option, expandable to 8GB RAM, lighter and thinner with better build quality, firewire, illuminated keyboard, bit better screen and SD card slot.

With £100/$200 separating the two, I'd go for the MBP, and sure wouldn't cry about a <90GB capacity difference

I mean, seriously....

what a fanboy:rolleyes:

Im paying for the option to pay for an upgrade and that makes it Pro

polaris20

macrumors 68020
Jul 13, 2008
what a fanboy:rolleyes:

Im paying for the option to pay for an upgrade and that makes it Pro

No, you're paying for:

Aluminum body
better screen
illuminated keyboard
8GB RAM capacity
Firewire

If you can't comprehend why that's different, then fine. It's got nothing to do with being a "Pro" machine, and nothing to do with being a fanboy or not. There's a $200 price increase to get the above features. Not important to you? Super. Then don't buy it.

So put away your BS fanboy accusation card, and relax.

Every time someone says anything remotely in favor of Apple on this damn board, they're automatically a friggin' fanboy. Newsflash, it's an Apple-centric site.

People here like Apple products, or at least they used to. It doesn't mean Apple is infallible. Yes they make mistakes. Yes, we know Macs are more expensive (welcome to 1997). Yes, we know they're the same underneath as PC's.

Ironduke

Suspended
Nov 12, 2006
England
No, you're paying for:

Aluminum body
better screen
illuminated keyboard
8GB RAM capacity
Firewire

If you can't comprehend why that's different, then fine. It's got nothing to do with being a "Pro" machine, and nothing to do with being a fanboy or not. There's a $200 price increase to get the above features. Not important to you? Super. Then don't buy it.

So put away your BS fanboy accusation card, and relax.

Every time someone says anything remotely in favor of Apple on this damn board, they're automatically a friggin' fanboy. Newsflash, it's an Apple-centric site.

People here like Apple products, or at least they used to. It doesn't mean Apple is infallible. Yes they make mistakes. Yes, we know Macs are more expensive (welcome to 1997). Yes, we know they're the same underneath as PC's.

Settle Down:cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.