Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jonhcox

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2010
North Carolina
That Gizmodo phone was labeled as a DVT (Design Verification Test). This is not a concept. This is the last step before Production.

Exactly.

There are still so many people that don't seem to understand that. Which means we have so many threads derailed because of the, "OMG what about those seems!" comments. (Seems spelled wrong for a reason...) It's also funny to see the comments related to people saying they refuse to buy it because, "Its SOO OMG UGLY!"

How do aluminum and glass make an ugly handset? Have you seen the black plastic of the EVO 4G? What about the Incredible? To complain that it's a black monolith is ridiculous. Take a glance at the EVO and HD2. It may not be attractive to you, but build-quality wise, the iPhone is vastly superior. The white model will certainly sell and likely sell out.

I'm not criticizing Android- I'd love to see a decent Android phone on AT&T. But complaining about the build-quality of the iPhone and the new version is pretty much groundless. Hell, you know how likely it is that we'll see a decent Android handset on AT&T? About as likely as the plastic flamingo taking flight at my grandparents house.

MacFly123

macrumors 68020
Dec 25, 2006
I really don't like how the white one is looking! :( I was excited to get white this time, but it the front is white too I don't think I will. It is ugly! :(

thechungster

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2008
What is the hole above the ear receiver hole on the white one?
Proximity sensor.

Anyway I like both of the choices. Black looks pretty sleek but I hate the look of fingerprints everywhere, and white looks rather nice as well but not sure if it'll suit me. I've always been a fan of the white iPhone 3G/S and would still love to have a white one, but I'm not sure about the front. I'll have to see what they look like in person though, but at the moment I'm not too sure on which to get.

rkswat

macrumors regular
May 11, 2010
I'm learning to ignore him, he's just a troll.

Is the ignore function disabled in this forum?
LoL.... funny stuff. So when I see a post where YOU are saying something about a post from another you're NOT a troll, however I do it and I am.

Hypocrite?

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
LoL.... funny stuff. So when I see a post where YOU are saying something about a post from another you're NOT a troll, however I do it and I am.

Hypocrite?

It's the tone of my response vs yours. You are almost always VERY rude.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.