Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marksman

macrumors 603
Jun 4, 2007
I appreciate how people make such definitive statements and take extreme positions based on shoddy photos of something that may or may not even be the product in question.

Way to commit yourselves!

By the way white iPhones have always been cool. However now that everyone knows this they are becoming uncool.

koopa35

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
I appreciate how people make such definitive statements and take extreme positions based on shoddy photos of something that may or may not even be the product in question.

Way to commit yourselves!

By the way white iPhones have always been cool. However now that everyone knows this they are becoming uncool.

+1

robotmonkey

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2010
To show that their product scratches easily?

Cause its a more modern looking "rainbow" logo, something I miss

But you just reminded me of my 1st gen ipod nano....the new iphone looks kinda like it...do you think it'll scratch like it?:(

cyberwolf777

macrumors member
May 21, 2006
I am seriously surprised by all the negative responses in this thread. Either it's flamer day or I really have bad taste cause I'm in love with the design of the upcoming iPhone.

It's stylish, yet sophisticated and also neutral instead of 'masculine' or 'feminine' - in both colours. Timeless, too.

And with OS 4, a larger battery, a higher-res screen, a front-facing camera and hopefully much more coming up I can't think of anything that I will be unhappy with when I will switch back to the iPhone from my BB9700.

Come to think of it, there is something: Please, Apple, improve the antenna so that it is AT LEAST on par with most Nokia or Motorola phones. I'm using a V3xx as a secondary mobile - I'm getting a stable signal with that where I get one bar on my BB and where i got nothing on my old iPhone.

iSamurai

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2007
ɹǝpun uʍop 'ǝuɐqsı&#
I'll definitely be getting the white one... so good looking. will match my macbook too. definitely a change from my original iphone.
p.s. there are too many black smartphones out there anyway.

The Phazer

macrumors 68040
Oct 31, 2007
London, UK
It's so much nicer than the 3G/S. So, so much. I think I kinda like the white, but to be honest I'd kinda prefer some screen time to see how the contrast around the screen would work out... Maybe I'll just masking tape around my existing screen? :)

I continue to laugh at the people who think this isn't the real, final deal at this point. It's like denying gravity.

Phazer

Goaliegeek

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2009
Colorado
I've fallen in love with the white one. I originally wanted the white 16GB 3G at the time, but didn't want to pay more. Now that the tappered edges are gone, there's added room around the home button. Kinda wish they moved it down more then made the screen larger. Here's a quick photoshop I did of what I wish they had done.
241pmxt.jpg

I moved down the home button, extended the screen on the bottom and top (so prob 4") then moved the earpiece more to the top (don't like having to lay the whole phone across my cheek to hear well) then moved whatever the other thing is below it, then I moved the camera a tad.

harley3k

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2008
As someone else stated in another post, I am a little suspicious of the lack of reflection on the white model as is in the black model. Could very well be a photoshoped pic. WHO KNOWS! I can't wait for the 7th!

Look closely at the white one. There is a plastic tab sticking out from the side. This is a protective cover that has a matte finish. The black one has had this cover removed. This is why one shows a reflection and the other does not. Also you can see the angle and placement of the camera (reflection of the flash in the black) is towards the left side.

mverbora

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2010
well...

i cant wait for Apple to release something to shut everyone up... they are going to go with another prototype that was not released... apple cannot have a presentation on something that was leaked, it ruins the whole effect of free media, unless they are launching some crazy software update that will revolutionize the market/phone...

physical keyboard?
My predicitions --> iChat over WiFi, tethering for you americans, on the Verizon/Sprint network, multiple colors (maybe),

**** that does not sound overall exciting to me?

Android??

maus

macrumors regular
Apr 17, 2010
I'd like the white a lot better if it weren't for that ugly thing above the earpiece.

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
looks like holes for screws on the bottom. Didn't a later (later than gizmodo) leaked image show the screws were removed and the surface was flat?

yah but just because we now see a white version doesn't mean this is a newer model... this could be older than any we've seen.

The oldest known prototype (one without markings) had no screws, then there was a later one with screws, and an even later one without screws.

It's basically a 50/50 chance the iPhone "HD" will have screws just like the 3G/3GS. My guess is that they've tested both alternatives for durability and were hoping to be able to ditch the screws, but ultimately went for better safe than sorry. If you drop the phone with the connector inserted and there's not enough there to hold it in place, it's gonna get ugly.

Actually, we've seen (in order of design process):

PRO2 - Vietnam phone w/o screws
EVT - Twitpic phone w/o screws
DVT - Gizmodo phone w/ screws

And now we've seen all of these random parts that are most likely not part of a prototype or they'd be assembled. Loose parts like this are most likely production parts leaked from suppliers.

So based on the most recent model having screws and the recent parts we've seen having screw holes, I'm gonna call it....there will be screw holes.

rkswat

macrumors regular
May 11, 2010
I REALLY HOPE IT LOOKS BETTER IN PERSON. WHAT'S WITH THE SEAMS AND THE CHROME? TOTALLY UNAPPLE-LIKE. MAKE IT LOOK MORE LIKE THE iPAD!

Wow, no one has brought up that argument before...... Thanks for your input.
I WILL NEVER SETTLE FOR LESS. NEVERRRRRRRR.
You really are special aren't you. Well you have no choice BUT to settle or get a different phone. This IS the next iPhone so you have 2 choices.
1. Buy a different phone as stated above
2. Spend millions of dollars to produce your own phone.

Either way steve sees your statement and says "stuff it buddy"!
Weird, whats with the silver accents? How come the black one doesn't have it.

Can you not look at the picture and tell the top isn't seated yet? Of course all the other posts talking about the top may have given you the answer but why read?

Funny to see how most people didn't like the design when the first prototype got leaked, but now pretty much all of them like it :rolleyes:. But wait, that isn't fanboyism!

Me, I still don't like the design. Johnny Ive must indeed have been on holiday when this got designed. If this really is the final design, they should name it iPhone Chunk or something...

Most people? What kind of study did you use to come up with that? Did you poll MR forum members to decide "most" didn't like it? Or are you just talking out your 4th point of contact..... yeah I go with door number 2 Bob.
If you think this one should be called iPhone chunk what would you call the 3g/3gs seeing as this one is actually thinner?

I am personally losing a bit of respect for Apple after all of these leaks. I recently had to wait four weeks to buy a new MBP because I waited for the updates, which was no fun, but I would much rather be surprised than have this slow trickle of leaks.
Really? Surprised? Really? FFS it's a phone you would of found out eventually...... Plus why are you crying about apple? I didn't know apple also owned apple pro, giz, that Taiwan site ect ect. FFS get over it and move on.
In my opinion this design is really a step backward from the previous generation. And white? Yuck.

There, I fixed your quote. Oh and yeah, you're right.... Apple has NEVER made a white product before, so unlike apple.
It's basically a 50/50 chance the iPhone "HD" will have screws just like the 3G/3GS. My guess is that they've tested both alternatives for durability and were hoping to be able to ditch the screws, but ultimately went for better safe than sorry. If you drop the phone with the connector inserted and there's not enough there to hold it in place, it's gonna get ugly.

The new iPhone will sprout wings and fly you to work every day.... You see I can make stuff up too.

However, with the white iPhone, all of these things are more clearly visible and there's a sharper contrast between the actual screen and the white surround.

What? there is a bigger contrast between the white/black screen and the all black screen? I didn't notice before you said anything but now I can really tell. You must have some pretty killer eyes to see that. :rolleyes:
I guarantee, GUARANTEE

Ready to back up that statement? A little wager perhaps? If not don't let your tadpole butt write checks your froggy mouth can't cash.
I think it′s very in style of Apple. Simple and esthetically pleasing. Beautiful!

And who cares about the seams? I really don′t get people. OMG, it has seams! OMG, it has screws! OMG, it has one button on the front! OMG, it has 2 cameras! If you don′t like it, buy a brick, polish it and shove it up your.... :p

Best post of the thread.... Loved it!
ARGGGGHHHH GET RID OF THE SEAMS
but seriously, get rid of the seams​

Argggghhh get a different phone if you don't like it
but seriously, get a different phone
(I know it has been opened and there was a sticker but still the layout of the phone suggests it)

Ummm actually no it doesn't.

That is the first thing that I noticed. That looks tacky and unrefined. Perhaps it is just because it is a thrown together model. I am sure that Apple will do better.

Ummm yeah.... the article actually has words and not just pictures. How about you actually read the story.... heck just read the title.
omg i just realized something, thees look like 1st gen prototypes, with the white front and it looking like a block, i always thought that these 'leaked' phones were red hearings, but not i look at it these could be 1st gen iphone protypes, and the ones coming out are gonnabe something completely different

omg..... ummm what? Hey, try some of these . when you write.

I guarantee that is absolutely not what the new iPhone HD is going to look like come WWDC. LOL

Plot, baby, plot!

Ummm yeah.... Look above and find my tadpole frog line.
mmm hate to say this, but I was realy hoping for something better for the white one. Dont get me wrong I LOVE my White 24" iMac, and I LOVED my 13" White MacBook.

But the phone just looks a bit tacky with white...the black screen doesnt help. IF they are going to go white, I would have liked to see a 'unibody' style white body, all rounded and in one single piece.

Then don't buy the white one, problem solved.
How is this the Fourth Generation of iPhone? What happened to the Third Generation.

Yeah.... that would be the 3gs. You see it goes like this:
first gen = original iPhone
second gen = iPhone 3g
third gen = iPhone 3gs
fourth gen = get it yet?
This is indeed very un-applelike. Even the 1st generation iphone was sleeker than this! And don't reply by saying this is a partial assembly. I am hoping this is just another prototype or knockoff thereof. That chromey finish is ghastly as well. It looks cheap. I can only hope that the actual 4th gen. model is sleeker (or the sleekest yet) and takes a page out of the mbp's or ipad's unibody construction.

"..The problem is when you have multiple parts, you add size and weight, and you increase the opportunity for failure." -Jonathan Ive

Part one of your statement = total fail!
You have not held one so you have no clue how "sleek" it is. Oh by the way, didn't you noticed the phone was partially assmebled? Chromey finish ghastly? Have you seen any of the other iPhones? This is the only one that actaully doesn't have chrome.
Looks a lot like this iPhone clone don't you think? :confused:

No.

That's why I buy a phone.... to "look" cool. :rolleyes:
i still cant believe this is the new iphone. it looks like a mediocre asian model. should be more "unibody" :confused:

Then get another phone, no one will make you buy this one.

I for one really like the new design and LOVE all the whining going on about it. I read these posts with glee and can't wait for more!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.