Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
Just another day in the Slovenian Alps

slov-0236.jpg

Alexander.Of.Oz

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2013
"New" turntable arrived today. Been listening to a lot of Stone Roses since it got plugged in :)
14879399948_1b0ae45d8a_b.jpg

Fantastic POV. They'd sound so much richer from vinyl, with the right setup! I'd be going the Happy Mondays, too... Probably my favourite era for British music... :cool:

Did you need a pre-amp for your turntable? In my experience that was the weakest link in the many audio setups I have listened to over the years.

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
Fantastic POV. They'd sound so much richer from vinyl, with the right setup! I'd be going the Happy Mondays, too... Probably my favourite era for British music... :cool:

Did you need a pre-amp for your turntable? In my experience that was the weakest link in the many audio setups I have listened to over the years.

Happy Mondays have made an appearance, along with The Charlatans, The Inspiral Carpets, James, Primal Scream.....etc. My youth relived :)

I'm running it through a vintage Pioneer amp and it sounds delicious.

15044257716_9d4b2b87b3_b.jpg

(Crappy photo taken before the addition of the matching turntable today)

Mrs MacRy is in the process of sorting out a cabinet and a tape deck is also in the post.

needfx

Suspended
Aug 10, 2010
macrumors apparently
"New" turntable arrived today. Been listening to a lot of Stone Roses since it got plugged in :)

that's a great close-up and a cool new purchase

enjoy the audiovisual pleasures it emits!

edit--

:eek: extends to these too :eek:

Happy Mondays have made an appearance, along with The Charlatans, The Inspiral Carpets, James, Primal Scream.....etc. My youth relived :)

Mrs MacRy is in the process of sorting out a cabinet and a tape deck is also in the post.

Hughmac

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2012
Kent, UK
A new day here, so a new pic

Cheers :)

Hugh

Comments welcome :)

Attachments

• Butterfly on Buddleia.jpg
    Butterfly on Buddleia.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 135

Alexander.Of.Oz

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2013
Broccoli in our new wicking bed.

----------

15044257716_9d4b2b87b3_b.jpg

Very cool music choices! Takes me back too... :cool:

----------

A new day here too so continuing the Hi-Fi theme....
15063002351_eed6f18dbd_b.jpg

Coolness! :cool:

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
Another nice one.
Question for you, Doylem: I know you do stock photography. When you take shots like these, do you walk up to the folks in the picture and ask them to sign model releases in anticipation that this shot may make the cut? Or what's your approach to that, when basically, shooting random people who happen to be somewhere interesting that you're photographing (for lack of a better way to phrase the question).

I asked the couple if I could include them in a pic. But my stock pix are editorial in nature (rather than commercial), so I tend not to ask for model releases. I would only bother with MR if I was setting up a shot with models (ie people who were being paid) or if I'm asked to get them (I'm doing some shots, for a heritage organisation, of their properties, and they want MR when appropriate). For general editorial stock (ie for uses that aren't advertising) releases aren't needed. I'm just very careful about captions, keywording, etc, which can be the causes of problems...

The old churchyard at Heptonstall, North Yorkshire...

R7rRxEa.jpg

Cheese&Apple

macrumors 68010
Jun 5, 2012
Toronto
Great Egret? More like Great Photo.

Thanks AFB. I recently had a few days off work and hung-out at a marsh not far from home. The egrets and herons stayed a distance from shore and I don't have a boat so I spent the time mucking around with a combination that's new to me:

D7100 with a 500 f/4 and 1.4x TC = 700mm optical length = 1050mm equivalent. :cool: One morning I pointed it east across the lake and could have sworn I saw you out in your garden. :)

Btw, love your macro water drops.

Puckman

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2008
Yorba Linda, CA
I asked the couple if I could include them in a pic. But my stock pix are editorial in nature (rather than commercial), so I tend not to ask for model releases. I would only bother with MR if I was setting up a shot with models (ie people who were being paid) or if I'm asked to get them (I'm doing some shots, for a heritage organisation, of their properties, and they want MR when appropriate). For general editorial stock (ie for uses that aren't advertising) releases aren't needed. I'm just very careful about captions, keywording, etc, which can be the causes of problems...

The old churchyard at Heptonstall, North Yorkshire...

Thanks for the reply and explanation. I assume you consciously choose to focus more on the editorial stuff on purpose?

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Thanks AFB. I recently had a few days off work and hung-out at a marsh not far from home. The egrets and herons stayed a distance from shore and I don't have a boat so I spent the time mucking around with a combination that's new to me:

D7100 with a 500 f/4 and 1.4x TC = 700mm optical length = 1050mm equivalent. :cool: One morning I pointed it east across the lake and could have sworn I saw you out in your garden. :)

Btw, love your macro water drops.

Thanks. My best reach is D7100 with a 70-200f2.8 with a 2x TC. That drops it to a 5.6 and the IQ does suffer.

Parkin Pig

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2009
Yorkshire-by-Gum
Time to dust off the vinyl...

Seeing MacRy's turntable inspired me to get mine out of storage and fire it up again. Unfortunately the amp's dead, so it looks like that'll be an upcoming expense.
Posed it with the Ramones - Road to Ruin to add a splash of colour.

Turntable by Parkin Pig, on Flickr

Puckman

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2008
Yorba Linda, CA
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.