Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cebseb

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2011
Is it as uncomfortable as it looks?

Haha. If you click through to the flickr link, the description I wrote out says that it wasn't as uncomfortable as all the characters in the show and the book make it out to be. I would be glad to use this as my regular post processing chair

Parkin Pig

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2009
Yorkshire-by-Gum
Yours looks a lot fancier than mine.

It's got a fancy arm on it, but they overdid the minimalist design a bit. It has one switch hidden away underneath to start/stop the turntable, so to change between 45 and 33⅓ you have to lift the platter off and move the drive belt onto different gears.

That may be why it ended up in storage.

richwoodrocket

macrumors 68020
Apr 7, 2014
Buffalo, NY
iPhone 5c. Edited with oggl app.
8401758b2bd998e9993f8362c4734198.jpg

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
It's got a fancy arm on it, but they overdid the minimalist design a bit. It has one switch hidden away underneath to start/stop the turntable, so to change between 45 and 33 you have to lift the platter off and move the drive belt onto different gears.

That may be why it ended up in storage.

Classic case of form over function.

Still looks fancy though :)

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Yours looks a lot fancier than mine.

All three are good shots but IMHO MacRy takes the prize. The angle, the Audio Technica logo and e reflection in the grooves looks fantastic to me.

Well done guys and enjoy your walkdown melody lane.

Last edited:

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Great Blue Heron

Another winner, but I prefer yesterday's.

----------

What critter did she kill for the photo? :D

Because of the reflective base I'd be interested if this would work as a portrait with the child in both halves. It would depend on the size of you studio flooring of course.

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
Burnsall Grammar School: one of my favourite buildings in the Yorkshire Dales. Amazingly, it's still a school, 413 years after it was built... but for little kids (today being Saturday, I got this shot while the kids weren't around). They made buildings to last back then...

8IY1l45.jpg

Cheese&Apple

macrumors 68010
Jun 5, 2012
Toronto
Another winner, but I prefer yesterday's.

Thanks AFB. Yeah, I agree...I think the Egret's legs and feet add something. But I do like the Heron's colouring.

You said you use a Nikon D7100 for these gorgeous shots?

Yes a D7100. I normally use a D600 but needed the extra reach from the crop sensor for these guys as they stay well off shore. I was happy with the result and, for me, it emphasized the importance of the lens.

The only problem I had was that I was shooting in the early morning when the higher ISO noise handling difference between ff and crop is evident.

Love the heron - we just came back from a walk around Cliffe marshes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Kent_Marshes), where there are lots of herons, but no sightings today.

Cheers :)

Hugh

Thanks Hugh...they were a lot of fun to shoot and watch.

~ Peter

irnchriz

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2005
Scotland
Shot of a bird at the zoo I took a while back with an iPhone. Pulled the saturation up a smidge to pop the colours.

Turns out that it is a Black Stork. :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    507.6 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.