Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fiasco

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2007
New York, NY, USA
dsc1063al2.jpg

PimpDaddy

macrumors 6502
May 9, 2007
large

Are you ready?

Fighter getting instructions after receiving treatment for a cut

Canon 30D with Sigma DG EX f/2.8 28-70mm
ISO: 500
Exposure: 1/250
Aperture: 2.8​

juanster

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2007
toronto
first attempt at HDR

here is my first attempt to an hdr, i know the photo didn't serve much for it but i kinda like it....:eek:

Attachments

• Picture 7.png
    Picture 7.png
    776 KB · Views: 126

Chad H

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2008
Auburn, AL
rivermarket.jpg

One handheld RAW // HDR // Shutter: 1/80 // Aperture: f/16 // Focal Length: 17 mm // ISO 100
If I may ask. How long did it take you to make the photo look like that? Also I know HDR is a series of photo's but is that the majority of why that photo looks like that or is it heavily modified in a photo program?

Lightglance.com

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2008
2302323222_dfa3ed5763.jpg

D40x
1/800
f 9
55mm

I pretty much missed out all of February's thread. Hopefully I'll stay on track with this one!
Gotta love those colors, was on my way out on the town this evening, but did not have my camera:( such a shame because it was a beautiful sunset...

onomatopoeia

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2007
rivermarket.jpg

One handheld RAW // HDR // Shutter: 1/80 // Aperture: f/16 // Focal Length: 17 mm // ISO 100

Love your stuff but a lot of your recent HDR's are done using a single RAW. Your better stuff is almost always using more shots.

Hello.there

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2007
Couch
Technically....not good (auto settings on a Canon Powershot G7), but it was still a thrill when I realised I'd caught those two birdies in the same shot :)

Attachments

• Birds.jpg
    Birds.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 127

valdore

macrumors 65816
Jan 9, 2007
Kansas City, Missouri. USA
Another one from Saturday...

skateboarding.jpg

Shutter: 1/200 // Aperture: f/5.7 // Focal Length: 24 mm // ISO 500

If I may ask. How long did it take you to make the photo look like that? Also I know HDR is a series of photo's but is that the majority of why that photo looks like that or is it heavily modified in a photo program?

It probably just took a couple of minutes on the computer to get it the way I wanted it. Mainly the effect is HDR using Photomatix, although when I do it from a single RAW like this, lately I've been making tweaks to the source image in Photoshop Camera RAW, and then from there splitting it into three versions of different exposure values to send into Photomatix.

Love your stuff but a lot of your recent HDR's are done using a single RAW. Your better stuff is almost always using more shots.

Could be... I've tried doing handheld multiple exposures, and although they've worked out well here and there, I would have to set the aperture to be awfully wide open in order to get fast enough exposures to avoid camera shake, and when I did this the lousy depth of field kind of ruined things I thought. It's a whole other matter though when I have my tripod.

valdore, your photographs make my heart beat a little faster, they are magnificent.

Thanks so much!

dannyboi83

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2008
Wales
Ships Bow

Let me know what you think,

thanks for setting up this thread...

Attachments

• Architecture 4.jpg
    Architecture 4.jpg
    686.9 KB · Views: 107

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Old engine #9, Portland, OR

Flatbed scanned from a full frame RC (resin coated) silver-based work print (not intended for display.)

steam%20engine.jpg

Canon Eos A2
Canon 28-105
Kodak T-max 400

Lightglance.com

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2008
Let me know what you think,

thanks for setting up this thread...

I love the picture, you have some really stylish lines there. But i would maybe have gotten a little bit less of the window in the center, or gotten the whole thing... it takes a little bit to much attention the way it looks now.

Another one from Saturday...

skateboarding.jpg

Shutter: 1/200 // Aperture: f/5.7 // Focal Length: 24 mm // ISO 500

Me to, i had to look to times at who posted that image, a little shocker from Valdore, but a really cool picture, you can see how the skater is really concentrated/nervous about the landing...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.