Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrT8064

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2006
UK
these pictures presumably would have been taken some time ago, why would they only surface an hour before the keynote is due to kick off?

sionharris

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2006
If the screen is square I'm gonna make a leftfield prediction that it will operate some sort of cubical operating system - easy to understand and very flexible. You heard it here first.

CFreymarc

Suspended
Sep 4, 2009
White Herring

My personal guess is that we are going to see at least two different sized tablets at this announcement. One a larger one running full OS X about 12" in size and a smaller one that is about 8" in size.

As far as this photo, looks like an industrial assembly mock up checking for arm path tolerances and speed of assembly. You save a turn or a flip and in large scale, that is a big production savings.

VenusianSky

macrumors 65816
Aug 28, 2008
Definitely faked, the tablet hasn't been designed yet . . .

CUPERTINO, CA—Claiming that he completely forgot about the much-hyped electronic device until the last minute, a frantic Steve Jobs reportedly stayed up all night Tuesday in a desperate effort to design Apple's new tablet computer. "Come on, Steve, just think—think, dammit—you're running out of time," the exhausted CEO said as he glued nine separate iPhones to the back of a plastic cafeteria tray. "Okay, yeah, this will work. This will definitely work. Just need to write 'tablet' on this little strip of masking tape here and I'm golden. Oh, come on, you piece of ****! Just stick already!" Middle-of-the-night sources reported that Jobs then began work on double-spacing his Keynote presentation and increasing the font size to make it appear longer.

Care of America's most trusted news source.

LOL. Nice! The Onion is great.

Eduardo1971

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2006
Lost Angeles, Ca. usa
Fake... Apple makes everything in an assembly line method, not like that (4 at a time). It would be a waste of resources, time and money...

Fake... next

Besides, that looks like Aluminum, we need the plastic bar to help with radio waves for Wi-Fi and supposedly included 3G radio.

Is it just me or does this shmuk not know what he is talking about.

There is nothing more annoying than someone who is not only arrogant but also wrong at the same time.

Stridder44

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2003
California
Fake... Apple makes everything in an assembly line method, not like that (4 at a time). It would be a waste of resources, time and money...

Fake... next

Besides, that looks like Aluminum, we need the plastic bar to help with radio waves for Wi-Fi and supposedly included 3G radio.

Well at least you're not jumping the gun or anything. :rolleyes:

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
My personal guess is that we are going to see at least two different sized tablets at this announcement. One a larger one running full OS X about 12" in size and a smaller one that is about 8" in size.

As far as this photo, looks like an industrial assembly mock up checking for arm path tolerances and speed of assembly. You save a turn or a flip and in large scale, that is a big production savings.

No way there will be one running "full OS X."

alexk82

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2009
East Coast
last one looks fake

something doesn't look right with the last photo. i would have expected to see more than 4 tablets being worked on with a machine that size.

sara123456

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2008
Looks good to me. I'll take 2.

If you want the best coverage, go to http://live.twit.tv

Leo is covering everything about this release.

Thanks its cool to listen

gizmodo's is pretty good, it's just starting

I will check them out thanks

You will have to go to engadget/gizmodo/many others

Thanks I will keep an eye on both of them.

Macrumors said they would be updating, but I'd also open Engadget up.

Here's the link:
http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/27/live-from-the-apple-tablet-latest-creation-event/

Yeah they should have a live blog on here seen as this seems to be the main forum.

Eye4Desyn

macrumors 6502
Jan 22, 2009
U, S, and A
This is certainly credible form-factor. I can definitely make out the 3.5mm headphone jack on the side. The other switches and buttons - who knows....only 45 minutes 'til showtime. Bring it SJ! :D

ri0ku

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2009
fake unless apple are going back to the ninties.. square really? common people its got to be widescreen.....

If this thing is a big square im out....

dguisinger

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2002
Is it just me or does this shmuk not know what he is talking about.

There is nothing more annoying than someone who is not only arrogant but also wrong at the same time.

Yup, very annoying that he doesn't understand ********
a) it is a room for FCC testing
b) you wouldn't use an assembly line for prototypes, its not like the tablet is shipping today

he must get a lot of ID ten T errors....

[edit] I should clarify, you wouldn't use a large assembly line for prototypes, you still generally would use a short line for PCB assembly since that is the most complicated part to do by hand... but we aren't looking at a circuit board assembly process

EETFUK

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2010
Any guesses on what those ports are?

I am guessing the ones that I can recognize are:

Kensington security slot
SD-card slot
headphone jack
audio output jack (for external speakers)

Just speculating... We will know soon!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.