Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Thoir

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2014
I still believe, if you want a bigger screen size for the stuff you do. Bring a tablet.
I mean, do you really need a bigger screen size for Whatsapp. Or quickly look up the bus timetable. If you want to read (articles/ books/other), bring a tablet.

ghost187

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2010
The mockup in the pictures outclass the S5 in the looks department by a landslide lol.

WannaGoMac

macrumors 68030
Feb 11, 2007
Real question is

What will macrumors do to generate comment ad revenue once the larger iphone is released (mostly by the few folks who claim they won't buy larger phones)?

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
I still believe, if you want a bigger screen size for the stuff you do. Bring a tablet.
I mean, do you really need a bigger screen size for Whatsapp. Or quickly look up the bus timetable. If you want to read (articles/ books/other), bring a tablet.

if done right its not much bigger ... however the homebutton gets in the way of that. the nexus 5 size is perfect

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
For now the sapphire glass is on the way, so not a chance that today 2-3th May we have a leak of iPhone6, i think like last year and a year earlier (iphone 5) the real rumours started after WWDC, in mid June when some iphones were assembled at FoxCon

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
if done right its not much bigger ... however the homebutton gets in the way of that. the nexus 5 size is perfect

the dimensions ARE like nexus 5 maybe a little bit smaller but the screen is smaller too (4.7" vs 5")

these dimensions are like the most 5" compact phone to date and thats Samsung Galaxy S4 with 5"

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
Hey

Still too small. I am enjoying my note 3 though. I can see the text on it it's great!

Don't read this as an aggressive comment. Have you gotten your eyes checked? I'm legally blind, and iPhone works for me, and I even have the 4S... Also, you can change text size in settings, use zoom, and VoiceOver if it's really a problem.

212rikanmofo

macrumors 68000
Jan 31, 2003
phones are gradually getting larger and tablets gradually smaller, ****. Looks like I'll just need one device after all when they finally make a compromise and meet in the middle somewhere in terms of size.

afsnyder

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
Why are we seeing the entire phone put together before we see component leaks? We haven't seen the camera, logic board or shell by itself. But we have seen the entire thing.

This is obviously a mockup... not real.

EDIT: Wait, this a mockup. Good, other sites were calling it a leak.

Last edited:

Suspended
Mar 23, 2006
England
That big round home button taking up so much space just looks more and more ridiculous with every new mockup. Surely it's time for a change.

snprintf

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2014
Doesn't the home button need to be big enough to press it? Unless Apple does away with it and replaces it with squeeze sensors so you squeeze your phone like a Mighty Mouse instead.

Kariya

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2010
Still too much bezel. Move the iSight cam to the right of the earpiece and shrink down.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.