Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TypeMRT

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2007
Check their website. They make a skin called "extreme fit" which extends all the way to the very edge. I've never purchased one of those because it's not my taste but I read they are more difficult to install.

I ordered the Extreme fit so I'll post a reply once I get it installed.
I had the regular fit on my iPad 2 for several months and really enjoyed the extra style and grip.

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S (64GB))

diegodora said:
That thing is sweet so where did you purchase from?

Same place as me: **********.net

Discount code for 5% off: bestskins

----------

Looks great, thanks for posting!

I ordered my iPad 2 skins from them last year - I had to have the iPad replaced last summer so I was glad I had a second skin ready to go! I went with brushed aluminum the first time, and that's what I'm doing this time around, too - it matches the color of the iPad so it looks naked unless you examine it closely, but it also adds some (much needed) grip so you can hold the iPad more securely. Last year I bought the brushed aluminum and also this one, graphite brushed. I like the contrast with the aluminum Apple logo ... :)

We have the same tastes. I also ordered the silver brushed aluminum and the black graphite brushed! What do you think of the dark rose gold? I got that one too. They had a buy one get one free sale but it ended last week. I plan on changing my skin every couple of months or so.

That dark rose gold looks nice - it reminds me of those stressed (distressed?) titanium backs for the iPhone that were posted and discussed a lot, last year. If I hadn't ordered the plain brushed aluminum, I think I might've ordered that one for myself, but I didn't even know they had it :(

Last edited by a moderator:

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
I had the regular fit on my iPad 2 for several months and really enjoyed the extra style and grip.

Please do report back and update us how things go, appreciate it guys.

I have a question are these not as rubbery and thick like most body skins i.e Zagg and Bestskinsever?? It seems the feeling is definitely smoother maybe a total different material.

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan

bobright said:

Please do report back and update us how things go, appreciate it guys.

I have a question are these not as rubbery and thick like most body skins i.e Zagg and Bestskinsever?? It seems the feeling is definitely smoother maybe a total different material.

No, they are indeed a completely different material than the Zagg/InvisibleShield skins, so they feel totally different. They aren't as tacky as the clear skins, but they do still enhance grip. They also don't yellow like the clear skins do, which is nice.

bullrat

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2002
Nice! I like that a lot. You did a great job, it looks factory sweet. I'm assuming the "extra" heat that the iPad 3rd gen is not enough to affect the skin, correct? The skins are applied using the heat from a hair dryer, so I was just wondering before I order one for mine.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
Nice! I like that a lot. You did a great job, it looks factory sweet. I'm assuming the "extra" heat that the iPad 3rd gen is not enough to affect the skin, correct? The skins are applied using the heat from a hair dryer, so I was just wondering before I order one for mine.

The heat won't harm a skin these things are stuck to the iPad pretty darn good they take a bit of force to just remove. If anything once it heats up and dries it'll be even more glued to the device. :)

diegodora

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 12, 2011
I'm gonna try one. Does anyone have any pictures of the extreme fit?

I found this picture on their website:

extreme.jpg

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
No, it's definitely an iPad 3 skin! They got shipments out for preorders the day after the new ipad was released. You can tell by the cutout for the camera hole... the camera is bigger on the iPad 3. If this was an ipad 2 skin then part of the camera would be covered. The edge is exposed on purpose and this is the design that I find the most aesthetically pleasing. I think it's nice to see a bit of the "apple" silver exposed. I purchased a silver apple logo on purpose to accentuate that. They also sell skins for the iPad 3 that extend all the way to the edge (no silver is exposed) for those that prefer it that way.
Hey Dora,

Can you link me to these iPad 3 skins that extend all the way to the edge? I did see the "extreme fit" ones that cover more surface but are only available for the iPad 2 (being the iPad 2 is smaller they'd come up short).

iMaconApple

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2009
Sunny Diego
I got my iCarbon yesterday but didn't put it yet on my new iPad because I'm trying to burn up the yellow tint on the screen and seems to be going a way little by little..don't want to install it now if the screen still has the problem then I have to take it off.. Anyone with iCarbon skin indie if it comes off easy and leaves no sticky residue ? Can be re applied over and over just Keep it clean? I'm sure you can use a hair dryer to heat it a tiny bit so it come off..

I'll post pics when I put it on hopefully screen gets whiter and yellowing goes away..

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010

No, they are indeed a completely different material than the Zagg/InvisibleShield skins, so they feel totally different. They aren't as tacky as the clear skins, but they do still enhance grip. They also don't yellow like the clear skins do, which is nice.

This is great this tells me if I do decide I'd like a case on for whatever reason going on a road trip it should play nice with it if they are indeed thinner. Or are most cases a complete no go?

diegodora

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 12, 2011
I got my iCarbon yesterday but didn't put it yet on my new iPad because I'm trying to burn up the yellow tint on the screen and seems to be going a way little by little..don't want to install it now if the screen still has the problem then I have to take it off.. Anyone with iCarbon skin indie if it comes off easy and leaves no sticky residue ? Can be re applied over and over just Keep it clean? I'm sure you can use a hair dryer to heat it a tiny bit so it come off..

This thread pertains to **********.net skins. You'll probably get a better answer to your question in the icarbons thread. I have successfully removed and re-installed sticker boy skins before. I saw a video posted by them (can't remember if it was their website or YouTube channel) which demonstrates the removal of one of their skins.

----------

Thanks not sure how I missed that, before I order thought I'd ask is there any promo or specials going on free ship or some sort?

----------

This is great this tells me if I do decide I'd like a case on for whatever reason going on a road trip it should play nice with it if they are indeed thinner. Or are most cases a complete no go?

I used code "bestskins" to get 5% off on the last page of checkout.

I've had skins on both my iPad 2 + 3 and have placed both in cases with no issues. The fit was tighter but it worked with the cases I have. I guess it depends on a "case by case" basis (pun intended).

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
This thread pertains to **********.net skins. You'll probably get a better answer to your question in the icarbons thread. I have successfully removed and re-installed sticker boy skins before. I saw a video posted by them (can't remember if it was their website or YouTube channel) which demonstrates the removal of one of their skins.

----------

I've had skins on both my iPad 2 + 3 and have placed both in cases with no issues. The fit was tighter but it worked with the cases I have. I guess it depends on a "case by case" basis (pun intended).
Nice good to know which iPad 3 cases did fit if ya don't mind telling me?

Also not icarbon like the poster mentioned but the removal of these no ugly residue or discoloration is left on the device?

diegodora

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 12, 2011
Nice good to know which iPad 3 cases did fit if ya don't mind telling me?

Also not icarbon like the poster mentioned but the removal of these no ugly residue or discoloration is left on the device?

No risidue or discoloration of any sort. I have a Vaja Libretto and Chinao Vaja clone.

vito

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2006
Manchester, UK
How easy is the installation of these ********** decals in comparison to the iCarbons? I assume the extreme fit edition means its cut closer to the camera, volume etc

Bisz

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2010
ON, Canada
Thanks for starting this thread, these skins are exactly what I was looking for. I ordered the Type 1 dark brown leather yesterday :)

I like using my iPad almost naked, the only thing I protect it against is setting it on hard surfaces (glass table, ceramic tiles, etc) so a back skin is exactly what I need. I have a black leather one on my iPad 1 and a Hard Candy zip case for when I travel and I am looking to repeat the setup for my new iPad only this time I'll be going with a Waterfield Smart Case.

sotie

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2007

----------

THANKS! I just placed an order and the discount code "bestskins" is still working! I'm going to post pictures once I get it installed. I bought from **********.net last year and I was more than happy with their skin and the ease of installation.

toastedfroggy

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2010
I got my black antibacterial extreme fit + brushed silver apple logo from sticker boy today. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. Smart cover works great with it as well.

IMG_0176.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg

Apple freakk

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2011
That is pretty

I got my black antibacterial extreme fit + brushed silver apple logo from sticker boy today. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. Smart cover works great with it as well.

It looks as if it was professionally powder coated and edge to edge, I am definitely picking up one tonight. Was it difficult to install?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.