Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ominx

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
Stealth White

I received the Extreme Fit stealth white skin yesterday and was able to install it this morning. Overall, the skin is really high quality and looks great. But I have a few comments regarding the Extreme Fit and the white color in case anyone plans on ordering this exact one.

First, the Extreme Fit is pretty hard to install. It literally covers every single area of aluminum on the back of the iPad using laser cutouts. Properly positioning the skin isn't actually all that hard, but getting it positioned without any corner creases is pretty tough on the corner near the camera since there are a few cutouts there for the power button, switch and volume rocker.

Second, the stealth white will show minor imperfections in the install over a skin that is darker. So if you want to take the challenge, I say go for it because it looks great. But, if you are hesitant about being able to get it on perfectly, I would definitely recommend a darker and textured skin.

Lastly, the Apple logo insert is not exactly a perfect fit. It is a tad too small. This doesn't present a problem with darker skins where the uncovered outline of the logo will blend in with the skin. But with a white skin, you can definitely see the size difference. So I would suggest that if you get a lighter skin and want protection on the Apple logo, to definitely choose a dark logo insert.

Here is a photo of my install.
21al9om.jpg

Last edited:

Apple freakk

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2011
That is looks insane.

I received the Extreme Fit stealth white skin yesterday and was able to install it this morning. Overall, the skin is really high quality and looks great. But I have a few comments regarding the Extreme Fit and the white color in case anyone plans on ordering this exact one.

First, the Extreme Fit is pretty hard to install. It literally covers every single area of aluminum on the back of the iPad using laser cutouts. Properly positioning the skin isn't actually all that hard, but getting it positioned without any corner creases is pretty tough on the corner near the camera since there are a few cutouts there for the power button, switch and volume rocker.

Second, the stealth white will show minor imperfections in the install over a skin that is darker. So if you want to take the challenge, I say go for it because it looks great. But, if you are hesitant about being able to get it on perfectly, I would definitely recommend a darker and textured skin.

Here is a photo of my install.

Lastly, the Apple logo cutout is not exactly a perfect fit. It is a tad too small. This doesn't present a problem with darker skins where the uncovered outline of the logo will blend in with the skin. But with a white skin, you can definitely see the size difference. So I would suggest that if you get a lighter skin and want protection on the Apple logo, to definitely choose a dark logo insert.

Looks like flat primer white. The extreme for 15 buck is a steal rather than sending your iPad to color ware and paying a few hundred. Hmmm, I can not decide on which type to get. Maybe I will try a type 1 for safety in the case I fail with the Extreme.

toastedfroggy

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2010
It looks as if it was professionally powder coated and edge to edge, I am definitely picking up one tonight. Was it difficult to install?

Yes it was fairly difficult to install and mine ended up being off by the slightest amount (hardly noticeable). But it looked good enough for me. I followed the YouTube video of them installing the carbon fiber extreme fit on the iPad 2.

The great thing about this skin is that if you mess up you can keep trying until you get it right. Just make sure you are using a blow dryer after you lift the sticker.

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S (64GB))

Bassy182 said:
Anyone know if they ship to the uk??

Well, they ship to Japan so I don't think the UK would be a problem. ;)

Of course, don't expect to get it anytime soon. That isn't their fault, but the US Postal Service. My two skins shipped on the 17th, and by coincidence my grandparents also shipped me a small parcel that day, too. I got their package five days ago, but my skins still haven't arrived!!! Tracking shows them still sitting in New Jersey, but the Post Office claims they're already in Japan, as of last Thursday. So, who knows :rolleyes:

GaresTaylan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2009
Nice. I was looking at some of the more expensive replacement covers for the back of my iPhone 4S. But I decided to go ahead and order the front and back skin for that as well as the back skin for my new iPad. It may not be quite as nice as some of the replacement backs but it's going to save me a lot of cash and I'm sure it'll look almost as good. Plus, I don't think I'll have to worry about reception issues either as I would have with some of the replacement backs.

Thanks, OP.

sekazi

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2012
The one I have coming Monday is

Pastel Grey Antibacterial / Powder Coated Extreme Fit
Black Leather Apple Insert

misterjrw

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2010
Bracknell, UK

Definitely.

I've ordered loads from **********.net and generally they get here within 5 days. The last two sets i got (complimentary, thanks Kevin) took a while longer but that's probably to do with the heightened customs due to the London Olympics.

I can't recommend these enough, seriously guys, price, ease of installation, choice, customer service, all top notch.

Grab them now, you won't be disappointed.

Last edited by a moderator:

sekazi

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2012
Can you post a picture when you get it installed?

Here it is. I dont know if I would want to install one of these again. It was a pain to get the edges down and even still they are not perfect. But I like it and the Smart Cover stays on better than the iCarbon brushed aluminum skin I had.

DSC03601.jpg

DSC03602.jpg

DSC03603.jpg

sotie

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2007
Here it is. I dont know if I would want to install one of these again. It was a pain to get the edges down and even still they are not perfect. But I like it and the Smart Cover stays on better than the iCarbon brushed aluminum skin I had.

Looks good though. Sticker boy says these are a lot harder to install than their "non-extreme" skins. What's the difference between this and the icarbon regarding the smart cover?

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S (64GB))

misterjrw said:

Definitely.

I've ordered loads from **********.net and generally they get here within 5 days. The last two sets i got (complimentary, thanks Kevin) took a while longer but that's probably to do with the heightened customs due to the London Olympics.

I can't recommend these enough, seriously guys, price, ease of installation, choice, customer service, all top notch.

Grab them now, you won't be disappointed.

Five days? Wow. I'm on day ten here (paid for the middle tier shipping, not the cheap/slow one) and still nothing. :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

sekazi

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2012
Looks good though. Sticker boy says these are a lot harder to install than their "non-extreme" skins. What's the difference between this and the icarbon regarding the smart cover?

I figured out how to get the corners not to crease. What I did is get it as smooth as possible then cup my palm on the corner while it is plyable then used a cool mode on the air dryer. I held it until it was cooled and it kept its shape.

The iCarbon uses the same material but the finish on the iCarbon was slick. Also the fact that it does not cover the entire back it made the Smart Cover stay half on and half off the skin and it slide around easier.

The smart cover seems to stay in place better when it is on the entire skin and not on as a slick surface.

ilovecoffee

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2012
Looking to order extreme fit, but wanted to ask if someone can confirm that extreme fit will fit into Incipio Smart Feather case and work perfectly with smart cover :) ?

sotie

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2007
Looking to order extreme fit, but wanted to ask if someone can confirm that extreme fit will fit into Incipio Smart Feather case and work perfectly with smart cover :) ?

Someone already posted in this thread that it works perfectly with Apple's smart cover. Even better than "extreme fit" skins from another company. I don't know about the Incipio case. I'd try emailing them if no one responds here.

ilovecoffee

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2012
Someone who got combination: extreme fit + incipio feather case could post some example pictures :) Please

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
Someone who got combination: extreme fit + incipio feather case could post some example pictures :) Please

I had a back skin on my iPad 2 last year bought a Incipio Feather and it didn't fit, now this year things might be different but I doubt it.

davereynolds

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2012
Thanks guys for such great pics. You motivated me to bite the bullet and get one of these for my kid's iPad 2. He's using a smart cover and I think this will provide good enough coverage for scratch protection. I decided to join the forum and post some photos too.:) Used the bestskins code. Now I want one for my iPad as well, I should have got it at the same time to avoid double shipping.

1001gs.jpg

1002jmt.jpg

1003kz.jpg

ilovecoffee

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2012
I had a back skin on my iPad 2 last year bought a Incipio Feather and it didn't fit, now this year things might be different but I doubt it.

Damn...then it's sad, but if someone using the new smart feather with extreme fit then say something :D

SweetDove

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2012
Does anyone have pictures of the copper/rose color, or the gold?

Also, daverey is that back smooth, or leathery, or "fuzzy" I think it's just the texture pattern, but it looks like it would be fuzzy...hm.

davereynolds

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2012
Does anyone have pictures of the copper/rose color, or the gold?

Also, daverey is that back smooth, or leathery, or "fuzzy" I think it's just the texture pattern, but it looks like it would be fuzzy...hm.

Hi SweetDove. It's not "fuzzy" or leathery. It's not quite smooth either because you can feel the texture that you see on the picture.

You asked for a pic of the Dark Rose Gold/Copper Brushed. Actually I bought that color for my wife's iPhone 4. Here's a real quick photo I just took using my iPhone. It's not on an iPad but it's the same skin so you'll get a good idea of what it looks like.

44976270.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.