Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
The ride/seats are so comfy. The seat warmers warm the whole seat (butt and back) and not just the seat (really Audi?).

The tech is abundant. Synch Touch works very well and talking to my car to change the temperature while I keep my eyes on our god forsaken road is nice.

The engine is sweet. Nice acceleration, no hesitation, puts it right on par with my A4 for normal everyday driving.

I feel like I got alot of car.

The horror stories of my BMW in its last 18 months of 7 years of ownership... Jeez. The Audi was very nice on the interior (my BMW's interior was peeling like crazy in high traffic areas), but something was missing from the way it drove. The feel was off somehow.

The Fusion feels almost perfect and I give it a 9/10 citing value, tech, fun to drive-ness, interior and looks. I'm hoping its reliability is stellar too, but we'll see.

I was leaning toward the Honda Accord but I didn't like the way the option their cars or their cookie cutter looks but I'm sure it would have been a problem free car (afterall I'm looking long term). I liked the Mazda 6 as well, but didn't get a good feeling from their dealerships. The Passat was ok, but bland.

European styling, Japanese electronics & reliability, and a bit of American muscle in one package.

Last edited:

soulreaver99

macrumors 68040
Aug 15, 2010
Southern California
The ride/seats are so comfy. The seat warmers warm the whole seat (butt and back) and not just the seat (really Audi?).

The tech is abundant. Synch Touch works very well and talking to my car to change the temperature while I keep my eyes on our god forsaken road is nice.

The engine is sweet. Nice acceleration, no hesitation, puts it right on par with my A4 for normal everyday driving.

I feel like I got alot of car.

The horror stories of my BMW in its last 18 months of 7 years of ownership... Jeez. The Audi was very nice on the interior (my BMW's interior was peeling like crazy in high traffic areas), but something was missing from the way it drove. The feel was off somehow.

The Fusion feels almost perfect and I give it a 9/10 citing value, tech, fun to drive-ness, interior and looks. I'm hoping its reliability is stellar too, but we'll see.

I was leaning toward the Honda Accord but I didn't like the way the option their cars or their cookie cutter looks but I'm sure it would have been a problem free car (afterall I'm looking long term). I liked the Mazda 6 as well, but didn't get a good feeling from their dealerships. The Passat was ok, but bland.

European styling, Japanese electronics & reliability, and a bit of American muscle in one package.

Hell yes. Not only does it have the seat warmers, but in a hot Southern California day with leather seats... the seat coolers are a god send.

Here's my Fusion!

Snow Flake III

Parked right next to it, the car that I will own some day...

Tesla

charlyee

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2011
Wisconsin
My 2015 Cooper S.

1a7f3efea7c059fbcb896da1c80d90ae.jpg

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
Hell yes. Not only does it have the seat warmers, but in a hot Southern California day with leather seats... the seat coolers are a god send.

Here's my Fusion!

The more I look at this thing (just passed 1k miles on a weekend road trip), the more I think Ford simply stole various designs from companies they used to own.

The front end from Aston Martin, the back end from Jaguar, the driving dynamics from Mazda, the interior from Volvo. :p

Still love the car. 27.5 mpg during my road trip isn't quite what I expected given the 32 mpg Ford quotes. I'm hoping warmer gas blends are coming soon.

macgeek18

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2009
Northern California
Here's my baby. 03 Silverao Z71. Bought her 5 months ago with 70K miles. I went shooting this weekend at the riverbar and a tree decided to put 3 long sratches from the fender to the rear quarter panel into the passenger side. Need to buff it out now. Very clean when I bought it was almost new inside and out.

Attachments

• IMG_20141228_145821809_HDR_zpsaczfpl5y.jpg
    IMG_20141228_145821809_HDR_zpsaczfpl5y.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 205

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
The more I look at this thing (just passed 1k miles on a weekend road trip), the more I think Ford simply stole various designs from companies they used to own.

The front end from Aston Martin, the back end from Jaguar, the driving dynamics from Mazda, the interior from Volvo. :p

Still love the car. 27.5 mpg during my road trip isn't quite what I expected given the 32 mpg Ford quotes. I'm hoping warmer gas blends are coming soon.

better summer gas and 2-4000 miles on the car will get you to the advertised numbers. takes a while before you see the epa numbers

840quadra

Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota

Awesome looking VW!

Since everyone else is getting Minnesota's snow. I had a chance to wash my A6 Avant by hand! I miss my summer wheels though! :( .

i-LtQvQL8-L.jpg

At first I really wished we received the S4 Avant here in the states, but I am really happy with this car so far. May be a bit more happy come next week when the APR Stage II+ kit is installed :) .

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008

The '13+ CC R-line is such a beautiful car, I was willing to buy one and sign papers on it that same night (silver) but the dealer and I were $1800 apart and they wouldn't budge. They then sat on the car for an entire year before moving it. For me it's good it didn't work out because ultimately all the little things I didn't like about it resulted in me going back to my roots and picking up a new Brembo 5.0.

I love the R-line, but disliked that the R-line part wasn't just a package that could be added to other trims, or alternatively that you can't get a la carte options on the R-line. Basically I hated that I was paying $35k for a car in which I couldn't even get a decent factory stereo. Basically you have to pick between whether you want an R-line look, or more options. I also hated the Jetta steering wheel and beige headliner (unless you got Fortana Red for some odd reason). FWD was a drag too. The rear tire cupping issues that VW refuses to ignore and abysmal resale value really made me throw in the towel.

Still a gorgeous car though, I definitely rubberneck whenever I see one because it looks like $100k, especially at night with the lights, front and rear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.