Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

User311

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 9, 2022
I need an Offical IOS 15.7 IPSW file from apple server not OTA because i dont find it on the ipsw site , and i need to downgrade my iphone , my device is iphone 11 pro max.

Thank you.

arw

macrumors 65816
Aug 31, 2010
According to ipsw.me iOS 15.7 is indeed still signed but is only available via OTA update.
So like @Shirasaki noted, no downgrade is possible.

edited as poster below apparently found a full 15.7 installer

Attachments

• ipsw.jpg
    ipsw.jpg
    394.3 KB · Views: 959
Last edited:

kayuz6

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2022
Well, I use 3uTool and on easy flash window it didn’t displayed 15.7 anymore. Btw, on firmware page, selecting my phone (XS) I’ve found 15.7 ipsw and then using the “import” firmware i successfully downgraded my iPhone from 16.1 to 15.7. But guys, I suspect todays last day to downgrade, because tomorrow apple may stop signing it. :)

Edit— try this https://updates.cdn-apple.com/2022F...iPhone12,3,iPhone12,5_15.7_19H12_Restore.ipsw
You can use it also in ITunes

arw

macrumors 65816
Aug 31, 2010
For future reference, theiphonewiki.com seems complete.
At least they also list the full 15.7 installers for other iPhones (was looking for my iPhone SE2).

edit 13 Oct. 2022: I could successfully download and install 15.7 although ipsw.me stated it was OTA only

Last edited:

arw

macrumors 65816
Aug 31, 2010
Anyone got a recommendation on how to save the shsh blobs for iOS/iPadOS 15.7 (as long as it's still signed)?
I tried TSS Saver but it always ends in an empty page after entering my data.

Last edited:

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Anyone got a recommendation on how to save the shsh blobs for iOS/iPadOS 15.7 (as long as it's still signed)?
I tried TSS Saver but it always ends in an empty page after entering my data.
shsh blobs is for jailbroken iPhone since those data are part of system data that can’t be accessed normally.

arw

macrumors 65816
Aug 31, 2010
shsh blobs is for jailbroken iPhone since those data are part of system data that can’t be accessed normally.
That's not my intention nor has it to do anything with jailbreaking.
It is to later downgrade or re-install a version of iOS/iPadOS not signed anymore by Apple.
SHSH blobs (SHSH2) are like the validation response from Apple to allow installing of an ipsw. These files can only be saved as long as Apple officially signs an ipsw for a specific device.
With these saved SHSH blobs one could re-install 15.7 even if Apple only signs iOS 16 anymore.
And I'd like to keep that option open if possible - that's why I'm asking while iOS 15.7 is still signed.
In the past I used TinyUmbrella to proactively save the SHSH blobs for my devices but that hasn't been working for a while.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
That's not my intention nor has it to do anything with jailbreaking.
It is to later downgrade or re-install a version of iOS/iPadOS not signed anymore by Apple.
SHSH blobs (SHSH2) are like the validation response from Apple to allow installing of an ipsw. These files can only be saved as long as Apple officially signs an ipsw for a specific device.
With these saved SHSH blobs one could re-install 15.7 even if Apple only signs iOS 16 anymore.
And I'd like to keep that option open if possible - that's why I'm asking while iOS 15.7 is still signed.
In the past I used TinyUmbrella to proactively save the SHSH blobs for my devices but that hasn't been working for a while.
Even if you have no intention to jailbreak, I seriously doubt you can save the content of shsh without a jailbroken iOS with proper permission. Historically, shsh was part of the jailbroken benefits that allows user to reinstall the same version of iOS instead of being forced to update to the latest version available, which would otherwise break jailbreak.

Even the tools you are trying to use has a jailbreak tutorial link at the top.

arw

macrumors 65816
Aug 31, 2010
Even if you have no intention to jailbreak, I seriously doubt you can save the content of shsh without a jailbroken iOS with proper permission. Historically, shsh was part of the jailbroken benefits that allows user to reinstall the same version of iOS instead of being forced to update to the latest version available, which would otherwise break jailbreak.

Even the tools you are trying to use has a jailbreak tutorial link at the top.
Jailbreak is still optional (and not the main goal) and it did work fine in the past without.
But I haven't done it in (quite) some time, that's why I asked here.
The method I found and linked, doesn't even need access to the device for grabbing the files, just the ECID.
But then ends in a 404... like the whole thing apparently. Seems it has become a niche request and is now dead.

Reactions: Populus

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
I’m not quite sure bud.
The steps provided by that tool doesn’t look promising without jailbreak. Chances are, whatever method you used a long while ago no longer works.
https://gist.github.com/Alexiaa/aac55c97f7925cddcf5ec3167f85dfe8
And here’s one more for older devices.
I don’t want to say it is “impossible“ to downgrade, but the skills and preparation involved if someone starts from scratch would be phenomenal. Not to mention newer Devices are harder to crack.

Reactions: arw

arw

macrumors 65816
Aug 31, 2010
And here’s one more for older devices.
I don’t want to say it is “impossible“ to downgrade, but the skills and preparation involved if someone starts from scratch would be phenomenal. Not to mention newer Devices are harder to crack.
1st one is unnecessarily complex for me. 2nd and 3rd depend on blobs.
But 3rd mentions https://shsh.host/ to save blobs, that's all I wanted.
Thank you!
For newer devices that require APNonce (A12 and up) https://github.com/airsquared/blobsaver worked.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Shirasaki

kemo

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2008
Just downgraded iPhone XS from iOS 16.0.3 to iOS 15.7. Thanks for the links.

grkka

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2022
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.