Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

qazw

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2010
Mine was shipped!

Just got the "shipped confirmation email" today with the tracking number, right on time on the 5th business day as promised. Thumbs up!

Higgs1

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2009
New York City
argh im struggling trying to hold out on buying an iPad and the portenzo isn't making it any easier! If i knew the 2nd gen would fit I'd order my case today lol

i really gotta stay away from this forum until the 2nd one actually drops.....:rolleyes:

tirnszw

macrumors member
Nov 17, 2010
argh im struggling trying to hold out on buying an iPad and the portenzo isn't making it any easier! If i knew the 2nd gen would fit I'd order my case today lol

i really gotta stay away from this forum until the 2nd one actually drops.....:rolleyes:

Actually, I went ahead and canceled my Portenzo Alano. Accessories can easily get outdated when there is a redesign no matter how nice they are. While moleskine-type case adds luxurious look and style, iPad feels so much nicer without bulky cases or skins. I love how iPad looks and feels when it is held between fingers of one hand, as someone has pointed out in this thread. Indeed, stay away from this type of forum. ;)

Rhndy

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2010
i ordered my Portenzo case one week ago, got the shipping mail with tracking last tuesday.

The statuspage is showing : Processed through sort facility Hazelwood.

I live in The Netherlands and looking at this, it might even take another week before my case arrives. My credit card has been charged and still no case here.

I hope it will come soon:mad:

qazw

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2010
i ordered my Portenzo case one week ago, got the shipping mail with tracking last tuesday.

The statuspage is showing : Processed through sort facility Hazelwood.

I live in The Netherlands and looking at this, it might even take another week before my case arrives. My credit card has been charged and still no case here.

I hope it will come soon:mad:

I know exactly how you feel. I got the confirmation last week and USPS showed the pacel was accpted on 22nd Nov, and updated on the 23rd saying it was sitting at Hazelwood first then Chicago on the same day. And nothing gets updated afterwards. Hope it comes soon. I'm not taking my iPad oustide until I got the case protetcing it. ;)

Rhndy

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2010
I know exactly how you feel. I got the confirmation last week and USPS showed the pacel was accpted on 22nd Nov, and updated on the 23rd saying it was sitting at Hazelwood first then Chicago on the same day. And nothing gets updated afterwards. Hope it comes soon. I'm not taking my iPad oustide until I got the case protetcing it. ;)

I got an email from darin:

The USPS does not track packages once they leave the US. You tracking will show that it is still in the US even on the day you receive it. They have no way to track outside the US.

Packages to the Netherlands take anywhere from 10 - 21 days, and usually arrive in about 14 days from shipping.

Thanks!

Darin

iPad is coming today, hope it comes soon. i'll update as i know more.

bigbro1096

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
Well I have fallen in love with this case! With my Christmas money I plan on getting the portenzo notebook style case, incase book jacket, and the tree design for my iPh4 from grove made... Any other ideas of other nice cases will be helpful! Thanks :)

ScaryMerry

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2010
North Carolina
Can't wait!

I can't wait 'till I get paid and can buy the composition case. I just got my iPad on Black Friday and it's not seeing the outside world until it's protected. It's a shame too, because it would be great for school work. I guess its university debut will have to wait for next semester. Hopefully my professors next semester will use PDFs for class readings as much as my professors from this semester. I've been reading them on my iPod touch, which actually works pretty well except for a few formatting issues. On the iPad, however, they read incredibly well. I feel the composition case is über-appropriate. :D

LanikaiGirl

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2007
My Oh My!

I just received my new Portenzo. Ya'll I am pretty sure I have the best one to date. It is brown Teju skin. It is so gorgeous my family and I gasped in unison when I opened it. Seriously. It is not a cover, it is a work of art. I would change nothing. I am waiting until tomorrow to take pictures and post them. It is dark here and I want to get the best light to show off the warmth of it.
Darin, I am truly sorry. After tomorrow, I fear you will be inundated with orders for the Teju. I am going on a cruise ship next week and I am afraid of how many people will learn about Portenzo from me after they see it. People, I would get in your orders NOW. :D :D

bigbro1096

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
I plan on getting the sky blue notebook style one for Christmas because I love the color of the back ground on the iPad. Although I do have a few questions before I order it. Has anyone successfully got it in the "work of art" with a full body shield like the wrapsolor zagg? Also if anyone has the sky blue version can you post pics as I would love to see them. Last, is there anything else I should know about the portenzo? Thank you for your time.

LanikaiGirl

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2007
Quick Pic

Here is a quick pic. I have to say that it does not do it justice.

photo1.JPG

photo2.JPG

Last edited:

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
Stunning! I got an email from Darin today saying that my Portenzo Alano in black was shipped today, I can't wait to get it. Sterne, please post pics of your Stingray case, I may just have ot order one for the next gen iPad in 2011.

TroyBoy30

macrumors 68030
Jun 9, 2009
Atlanta GA
Stunning! I got an email from Darin today saying that my Portenzo Alano in black was shipped today, I can't wait to get it. Sterne, please post pics of your Stingray case, I may just have ot order one for the next gen iPad in 2011.

can someone explain the differences between the Alano and the regular case? i know the alano is a single peice of leather, but is that the only difference?

Is it safe to assume the alano can come in the beatiful material posted above?

LanikaiGirl

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2007
can someone explain the differences between the Alano and the regular case? i know the alano is a single peice of leather, but is that the only difference?

Is it safe to assume the alano can come in the beatiful material posted above?

I would say not. Teju is a reptile hide. I don't believe it has the thickness to stand alone.

Kadin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
Weight and ease of removal?

Anyone care to comment on the weight of these cases compared to some of the more typical folios? I just picked up the Jack Spade Folio from the Apple store for $69 and while I like it, these ones look absolutely stunning and so clean. I'm looking to simply purchase the Notebook Style case.

And how easy are they to remove from the case? I watched the shake test video on the site and that's great and all... but do they come out easy for when you want to use the iPad naked?

LanikaiGirl

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2007
It's lighter than my yoobao was. As for the taking in and out, I really don't. Anyone else use it that way?

Sterne

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2010
Anyone care to comment on the weight of these cases compared to some of the more typical folios? I just picked up the Jack Spade Folio from the Apple store for $69 and while I like it, these ones look absolutely stunning and so clean. I'm looking to simply purchase the Notebook Style case.

And how easy are they to remove from the case? I watched the shake test video on the site and that's great and all... but do they come out easy for when you want to use the iPad naked?

Not noticeably heavy, and quite easy to remove if you follow Darin's instructions for removal.

Sterne

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2010
I am betting the stingray will be unbelievable! But for tonight, I have the best one. Lol.

The new pics are even better than the first set. Please post one that shows the inside, too!

Fedex shows "out for delivery"....it's almost 6 pm...I may not see Mr Stingray tonight after all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.