Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

smulji

macrumors 68030
Feb 21, 2011
iPad pro with stylus … the end is near, repent

Is Apple really copying Samsung with that stylus? What is Jony going to say about the Stylus? This is just so surreal.

We Apple users hate styluses

Once upon a time you hated large-screen smart phones. Good thing Apple didn't take your advice.

teknishn

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2006
I hate to be the negative nancy here, but Im trying to see the point in this big iPad Pro. While my iPad Air 2 is definitely the pinnacle of powerful mobile tech and very powerful, I find the experience lacking.

I feel like the biggest issue with the iPad right now is iOS itself. Its just too weak compared to OS X. I'm at the point now where I don't see updating my iPad for a long time, and I'm more and more anxious for a Retina equipped Macbook Air. Apple needs to start taking a serious look at forking iOS into 2 serious versions. iOS for iPhone and iOS Pro for iPads that is far more advanced and open like OS X is. Or, give me a new special OS X for iPad.

melendezest

Suspended
Jan 28, 2010
A larger iPad would be nice, but damn it Apple, give it MULTIPLE USER ACCOUNTS!

Granted, I also hate iOS's current design, but (recent bugs aside) device performance, integration, and the app inventory are still top-notch.

Col4bin

macrumors 68000
Oct 2, 2011
El Segundo
(This is rhetorical question): How come I don't give a flying leap when it comes to iPad rumors? But on the flip side, I go nutty for iPhone rumors. Craziest thing. :D

MacDarcy

macrumors 65816
Jul 21, 2011
This ipad pro better be more than just a larger iPad Air. Ipad sales are declining, and Apple needs to really wow potential customers and kick it up a notch for this ipad pro. I don't think people will rush out to buy a bigger iPad without it being special in other ways. Like being able to run OS X and do true multi tasking.

teslo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2014
Having a stylus because of the large size is irrelevant. As a matter of fact, because of its large size you should be able to use your finger even better than the smaller iPads.

the stylus is the whole point for a lot of people.

!

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2012
iPad pro with stylus … the end is near, repent

Is Apple really copying Samsung with that stylus? What is Jony going to say about the Stylus? This is just so surreal.

We Apple users hate styluses

You speak ony for yourself, many iPad users would love a stylus

teslo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2014
who here uses the wacom creative stylus 2? is it good? or good, but beatable if apple stepped into the game? i was thinking of getting one but i may save the $80 for an iPad pro savings stash

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
the stylus is the whole point for a lot of people.

!

So, how come it was never done for previous iPad's ? while other manufactures had them ?

The fact Apple may come up with their only only now may suggest its really only useful for lager iPad's, or in addition to your finger making things easier anyway on a big screen.

Maybe Apple's just going back to the 'drawing board' ? *shrugs*

Mac Fly (film)

macrumors 68020
Feb 12, 2006
Ireland
I hate to be the negative nancy here, but Im trying to see the point in this big iPad Pro. While my iPad Air 2 is definitely the pinnacle of powerful mobile tech and very powerful, I find the experience lacking.

I feel like the biggest issue with the iPad right now is iOS itself. Its just too weak compared to OS X. I'm at the point now where I don't see updating my iPad for a long time, and I'm more and more anxious for a Retina equipped Macbook Air. Apple needs to start taking a serious look at forking iOS into 2 serious versions. iOS for iPhone and iOS Pro for iPads that is far more advanced and open like OS X is. Or, give me a new special OS X for iPad.

Well to be fair they have just had the most profitable quarter for company in history, so we can assume they are doing something right. I don't think it's that iPad sales are down, it's more that people renew iPads less often now that they've gotten so zippy and large iPhones and even more compelling computers are being chosen over iPads by certain users. The iPad is selling very well and not on some big decline at all.

farewelwilliams

Suspended
Jun 18, 2014
I'm predicting that this will be a laptop/tablet hybrid, so expect a small keyboard surrounding the screen, which contains the keys Q-P and most of the home row.

This is the future, and there is no way to stop it.

that's ridiculous. you would have to learn how to type in landscape and portrait.

ebika

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2008
Chicago
The thing is...if I'm craving a stylus and a big screen, I would just get a Surface Pro when Windows 10 is released. I really don't get the iPad Pro.:confused:

Why can't the Surface Pro and an iPad Pro coexist in the world? I love my iPad, but it sucks total ass capturing technical diagrams and notes in a business setting. OneNote on the Surface with a stylus is fantastic, and Apple will win a lot of hearts being able to emulate or improve on that. Plus, when I'm not taking notes, I prefer the glyph UI over the Windows hodgepodge of Metro and traditional Windows apps.

larry t

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2014
NO, Apple has the ecosystem to make a stylus matter.

Having a stylus because of the large size is irrelevant. As a matter of fact, because of its large size you should be able to use your finger even better than the smaller iPads.

NO... The stylus would be for artist, and designers. That's why the name is Pro. There will probable be a huge push for Pro apps, especially for artists and designers. IOS already has some of the best artists and designer apps out there.

In all honestly, the stylus has been a kind of a frekin waist on the Galaxy tabs, because there are hardly if any developers developing artist apps to take advantage of there stylus.

larry t

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2014
Sigh, yet another pointless toy from Apple.

Pointless toy. Yet it commands huge amounts of developer devotion, that both Microsoft, and Google would kill for literally. Doesn't sound like a toy to me, and the millions of developers that develop some pretty powerful apps for this so called toy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.