Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

northernmunky

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2007
London, Taipei
Audio Technica Earsuit ATH-EC707

6517a7126bffd89e72f99d60cb512270.jpg

ec707_image_big.jpg

Krad3130

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2010
Winter Park, FL
Uh, all I see is "really love these" and a picture. Help a brother out? Haha

EDIT: AH, the Klipsch M40. Post titles don't show up in Tapatalk, LOL.

Yea, these Klipsch are REALLY nice. I see on their site they have redone these headsets to come in black and white. They are called Klipsch STATUS. I can't tell what/if anything has been redone with this model. I REALLY like the way the black ones look, but I think I prefer my copper colored headset. You just don't see anyone walking around with a headset in copper and I like that.

I have these and I bought my wife the BOSE QC15's which are also very hi quality. I prefer the sound of the Klipsch but I think the BOSE do have better noise cancelation. I think Klipshs' noise cancelation is very good...but the BOSE do seem to block out more noise. The nice thing about the klipsch is you can listen to music without using the battery, I don't believe you can do that with the BOSE QC15's. Correct me if I am wrong someone please :eek:

SomeGuyDude

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2011
NEPA
Yea, these Klipsch are REALLY nice. I see on their site they have redone these headsets to come in black and white. They are called Klipsch STATUS. I can't tell what/if anything has been redone with this model. I REALLY like the way the black ones look, but I think I prefer my copper colored headset. You just don't see anyone walking around with a headset in copper and I like that.

I have these and I bought my wife the BOSE QC15's which are also very hi quality. I prefer the sound of the Klipsch but I think the BOSE do have better noise cancelation. I think Klipshs' noise cancelation is very good...but the BOSE do seem to block out more noise. The nice thing about the klipsch is you can listen to music without using the battery, I don't believe you can do that with the BOSE QC15's. Correct me if I am wrong someone please :eek:

IMO Bose is great at noise canceling, but not terribly impressive at audio production. The magic of Bose QuietComfort is the ability to listen at a fairly low volume on a bus or airplane and not hear a single thing from the outside without needing an awkward "noiseproof seal". I wouldn't buy them for any reason beyond travel in places with a lot of white noise.

torana355

macrumors 68040
Dec 8, 2009
Sydney, Australia
I'm pretty impressed. They use a dual diaphragm design so the bass, powerful and meaty as it is, doesn't take away from the mids and highs. It's not as up front and powerful as the Mixrs, but it sounds a shade better along the way (instrument separation is fantastic). Plus, hey. I think they look sharp.

I just ordered a pair of these, cant wait for them to arrive!!! Are you still enjoying them compared to the Mixrs?

Krad3130

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2010
Winter Park, FL
IMO Bose is great at noise canceling, but not terribly impressive at audio production. The magic of Bose QuietComfort is the ability to listen at a fairly low volume on a bus or airplane and not hear a single thing from the outside without needing an awkward "noiseproof seal". I wouldn't buy them for any reason beyond travel in places with a lot of white noise.

This was the reason I bought them for my wife. She travels often and uses them on the airplane frequently. She loves being able to block everything out around here. She isn't very technical and couldn't tell the difference between our sets but they are comfortable for her.

I decided to go with the Klipsch because of the deal I am able to get with them through the company I work for :D and I'm glad I chose them over BOSE. Better sound IMO

SomeGuyDude

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2011
NEPA
I just ordered a pair of these, cant wait for them to arrive!!! Are you still enjoying them compared to the Mixrs?

Honestly it's REALLY close. The Mixrs are easier to get going extra loud, which I think gives the illusion of them having more powerful bass (off my rMBP 70% volume is enough on the Mixrs, I need 85% on the M100s to be "loud"), and frankly I think they look a lot nicer. The M100s are clearer and more comfortable, and hell they just sound better while still having deep, quaking bass. It's not a night and day thing, but one against the other the M100's sound better.

I almost hate to give up the Mixrs because they're a REALLY fun headphone, and I will absolutely recommend them to anyone who's looking at them, but the M100s are my headphone of choice. Gonna get my custom shields soon as I get a good design.

bhtwo

macrumors 65816
Dec 31, 2012
Oxford UK
Got these just before crimmy... half price at Argos... £20

phones.jpg

Not bad, comfy, nice bass. Not to keen on the DJ swivels, will probably break easy.

Can't afford any better at the moment.

SomeGuyDude

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2011
NEPA
Got these just before crimmy... half price at Argos... £20

Not bad, comfy, nice bass. Not to keen on the DJ swivels, will probably break easy.

Can't afford any better at the moment.

I honestly believe not everyone needs to drop a load of money on headphones. I readily admit that I'm kind of headphone addicted, so spending as much as I have isn't much of a stretch. But it's like shoes or liquor. Some think the benefits of dropping a few hundred bucks on a pair of shoes or a bottle of liquor are worth the cost. Others don't. Neither are wrong.

bhtwo

macrumors 65816
Dec 31, 2012
Oxford UK
Yes... I had a pair of BeyerDynamic Studio's but I lost them... loaned to a studio!

Love to get a better pair one day!

Dav1boy

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2011
I honestly believe not everyone needs to drop a load of money on headphones. I readily admit that I'm kind of headphone addicted, so spending as much as I have isn't much of a stretch. But it's like shoes or liquor. Some think the benefits of dropping a few hundred bucks on a pair of shoes or a bottle of liquor are worth the cost. Others don't. Neither are wrong.

Totally agree. Everyone has different "addictions." I was talking to friends about a purchase I'm gonna make soon (grado 325i, fiio e07k and a little dot mkiii) and they looked at me like I'm nuts to spend so much just to listen to music. So I says, I spend more time listening to music in a day then I spend watching TV for a whole week... And to your point, this is coming from dudes that have massive shoe collections and ladies that drop 500+ on purses!

Smileyboy

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2008
Looking for new ear buds. I currently have the Apple in ear headphones ($79). Can anyone recommend something. I want something with a thicker/more durable cord.
I've thought about the HK in ear noise isolating headphones, Marshal minors or Bose Mie2i. I'd like to keep it $120 or so. Thought about adding a small amp too
Thx.

djplaxe2109

macrumors 6502
Feb 4, 2013
Looking for new ear buds. I currently have the Apple in ear headphones ($79). Can anyone recommend something. I want something with a thicker/more durable cord.
I've thought about the HK in ear noise isolating headphones, Marshal minors or Bose Mie2i. I'd like to keep it $120 or so. Thought about adding a small amp too
Thx.

Klipsch x4i or s4i.

SomeGuyDude

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2011
NEPA
And for those times when I need something a little less "lively", here's the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80's, chilling under my M100's.

cOQh4cal.jpg

TheJackal

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2008
RHA 750i.....the absolute best headphones I've ever bought! Also waiting on a set of comply foam tips :)

hxze.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.