Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Perrumpo

macrumors 68000
Jul 12, 2008
Animal liberation is great. Was the first book of his I read and it really caused me to pause and think about my impact on animals. The Ethics of what we eat is another fantastic one is the same vein if you haven't got to it. I heard him speak when he was promoting that release :).

Absolutely! My brother and my mother are each in denial about that issue :rolleyes: ... they don't want to hear about it because they know they'd hate hearing about how those animals are treated, but they love their meat.

Singer certainly can be convincing.... and for me, it's because he makes such logical arguments. I have no tolerance for arguments that are not based on reason. His books are big eye-openers, and he certainly influenced the way I eat!

JayRob

macrumors member
IMG00046.jpg

Did you get that from samson or mr.niceguy :D

hatehereyes

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2008
Moreno Valley, Ca
AH! tags! :)

I'm proud to say that I am was wreck free 16-21. And since today is my 22nd birthday, I can say ALL the way through my 21st year and still wreck free! :)
[/QUOTE]

you just jinxed yourself by saying that:p

[quote="PeterQC, post: 7323786"]Yeah, another fan! :D
Do you have Clayman? Imo, that's their best CD ever. Since then, they just goes downhill... A Sense of purpose looked great (they made a 12 videos made-off posted on their myspace) but it was just overhyped it.[/QUOTE]

I agree, clayman was their best.
such a good cd.

UMHurricanes34

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2005
Atlanta, GA
ha thats what i always say when people say i am gonna kill myself

Corvettes are great though it it really my realistic dream car so i guess i can only go up:p

Getting a dream car for your very first is about as anti-climatic as it can get. What is there to work towards now? You save the things you dream about for when you earn them.

But more importantly, please be safe.

Vogue Harper

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2008
Serenity
Getting a dream car for your very first is about as anti-climatic as it can get. What is there to work towards now? You save the things you dream about for when you earn them.

Well, a dream car is only a dream car until you get it. Once you get it, you want something better. A Corvette is by no means the zenith of motoring, I would be wanting something like a Ferrari 612 or an Aston Martin DBS next and when I get that maybe a Zonda...

UMHurricanes34

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Well, a dream car is only a dream car until you get it. Once you get it, you want something better. A Corvette is by no means the zenith of motoring, I would be wanting something like a Ferrari 612 or an Aston Martin DBS next and when I get that maybe a Zonda...

Who says a dream car needs be a zenith of motoring? I don't want to throw this thread off topic so I'll say this then let it die, but when I was younger my dream car was always a Z. Is that the pinnacle of automotive engineering? Hell no, but it was my dream car (and still my favorite car). I may love Porsches, and I may have an obsession with the new M3 (even though I'm not a BMW fan), but nothing else captures the essence of what having a "dream car" is all about than that one car you obsess over as a young adult. And when you finally get that car, you enjoy it. Not instantly start shopping for the next great thing.

It's definitely not "Well I finally got my GT3RS that I've been dreaming about, I think I'll go buy the Reventon"

Fonzijr1964

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
Maryland
Fonzijr, that thing better be a manual.
Sorry my dad has a Cadillac CTS-V with a stick and basically i fail at it

But more importantly, please be safe.
Ferrari 599?
Zonda heck yes

i think my next step will be a ZR1 ha
Who says a dream car needs be a zenith of motoring? I don't want to throw this thread off topic so I'll say this then let it die, but when I was younger my dream car was always a Z. Is that the pinnacle of automotive engineering? Hell no, but it was my dream car (and still my favorite car). I may love Porsches, and I may have an obsession with the new M3 (even though I'm not a BMW fan), but nothing else captures the essence of what having a "dream car" is all about than that one car you obsess over as a young adult. And when you finally get that car, you enjoy it. Not instantly start shopping for the next great thing.

It's definitely not "Well I finally got my GT3RS that I've been dreaming about, I think I'll go buy the Reventon"
So true plus there is always next gen :D

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Decal sticker for my iPhone

Attachments

• aip3-midgarden-400.jpg
    aip3-midgarden-400.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 88

Soundie

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2007
You don't mix Jagermeister and Red Bull. I had someone yesterday mixing vodka and red bull. NASTY. mix rum or whisky in it.

I think mixing vodka and red bull is fine. Its one of my favorite drinks actually. Jager and red bull on the other hand: not so much, I like to drink the Jager straight, or mixed with coke :)

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
I just bought this last weekend, a brand new, fully-loaded RAV4 :)

Attachments

• 2009 RAV4 Limited 002.jpg
    2009 RAV4 Limited 002.jpg
    345.8 KB · Views: 76

UMHurricanes34

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2005
Atlanta, GA
no i am just trust worthy

You can tell you're parents you're going to drive safely, but if you think you're going to be poking around under the speed limit in a Corvette, you've got no amygdala. No matter how trust worthy you are.

I'm trust worthy too, but speeding tickets are much easier to obtain in vehicles like these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.