Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
Like the look of the case, but I think I'd get a different color.

I probably wouldn't have picked orange without seeing it first, but I like it. I have a black case and a dark grey smart cover already, so some color is nice.

Mr.Noisy

macrumors 65816
May 5, 2007
UK™
S.o.s

Needed a new strap for my lowepro 75AW toploader bag, it's old and loved and needed a nice strap, I opted for the OpTech S.O.S Curve Strap, should be comfy lugging camera/lens and bean bag and batteries around on long days....

Attachments

• OpTech Curve.jpg
    OpTech Curve.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 2,311

Ungibbed

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2010
USA
Wow, Dreamcast. That brings back memories too.I loved that fishing game they had with the fishing pole controller. I'm contemplating picking up a Gamecube just so I can play Zelda Wind waker again :D

You could pick up a used Wii for a lot less. Most who bought a Wii U had to give up of what I call a Swiss Army Knife of classic gaming.

It's one reason I will never sell mine since the newer Wii consoles that were designed to lay flat and often come packaged with New Super Mario Bros or Mario Kart Wii (or if you don't care about the older white console) have no GameCube support.

I happen to have one of the best that has GameCube support along with the far wider support for Virtual Console games.

I keep thinking of moving up to the Wii U for the exclusives since the HDMI port on my PS3 is acting up (tried various cables) but I then would also have to pick up a GameCube which a well taken care of console is very rare.

The only thing stopping me is Skyrim on my PS3 since my late 2010 13" MacBook Pro just would not do the game justice and the possibility of GTA5 as well (guilty pleasure)...

I love my classic games and have well over $400 alone invested just on the Wii Virtual Console alone and not entirely sure if transferring them all to a Wii U system is worth it all since I can play them all as it is.

My Sony Bravia is amazing on upscaling with absolute zero lag over component so timing critical games like the old NES Punch-Out!! work perfectly.

Long story short, I'm undecided if parting with my PS3 is worth it since I've also invested plenty into it with 35 retail games and nearly as much on PSN (along with my Vita too). Just as I invested so much in the App Store I refuse to part with my iPhone 4S despite using it on T-Mobile.

So I'm in a "pick your poison" situation.

----------

It's the best helmet money can buy! $929.95 retail. :D
Worn by MotoGP Yamaha Tech3 Monster Energy racer Cal Crutchlow from England.
Light and comfortable with superior construction, hand made in Japan with complex materials. Grand Prix road racers demand the best, I love it! My other Arai helmets and motorcycles are also on http://motorcycling-online.com. Made on a Mac, of course! :apple: ;)

Nice choice!!!

Farns514

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2008
Chicago
Steam fitted? I never heard of this. Is it recommended to do?

Yeah from what I am told a Nike Sales rep informed my buddy to do it. I thought it was odd too. I got them fitted and you could feel the soles form to the foot which was pretty cool.

----------

Really? I never knew this. I just thought they were another pair of Nike shoes. I was thinking about getting them soon'ish.

Can you wear them with socks if you like? Or are they only really supposed to be worn without?

Yeah, neither did I. I went to NikeTown Chicago, and it was basically a teapot looking think that injected steam into a plastic box that your shoes were placed in. I was talking with the girl that did it, and she recommends to wear them barefoot. Said if i wore sox it would be a tighter fit because they already formed to my foot.

ipodlover77

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2009
Sold my air and bought a 2.4 base model Retina just for one purpose.

5os50x.jpg

2rogo0i.png

Not gonna lie though, still wondering if I made the right decision. I originally planned to use the money on a Air (haswell) + iPad. I really hope this was the better investment!

Oh yeah. Bought the two books by Maddox.

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
Yeah from what I am told a Nike Sales rep informed my buddy to do it. I thought it was odd too. I got them fitted and you could feel the soles form to the foot which was pretty cool.

----------

Yeah, neither did I. I went to NikeTown Chicago, and it was basically a teapot looking think that injected steam into a plastic box that your shoes were placed in. I was talking with the girl that did it, and she recommends to wear them barefoot. Said if i wore sox it would be a tighter fit because they already formed to my foot.

I need to find out where I can try that.

Not gonna lie though, still wondering if I made the right decision. I originally planned to use the money on a Air (haswell) + iPad. I really hope this was the better investment!

I bought The Alphabet of Manliness while I was in Iraq, very entertaining.

DewGuy1999

macrumors 68040
Jan 25, 2009

Since SimCity for Mac is only being released as a Origin digital download (at a future date), I guess you're going to run Windows under Boot Camp to play it.

ipodlover77

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2009
Since SimCity for Mac is only being released as a Origin digital download (at a future date), I guess you're going to run Windows under Boot Camp to play it.

Yep! Loaded up Windows 7 Home basic. Didn't need the extra frills. So excited.

wabbit42

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2012
I've been eyeing that monitor. Let me know what you think of it! I can't decide between that one and the Asus MX279H.

Only been using it for a few hours, but am impressed so far. The picture is great, only lacking a little in the black. The design is fantastic and it hardly takes up any space on the desk.
I can finally use my Mac mini and MBP at 1920x1080.

Very happy!

Ahheck01

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2006
Only been using it for a few hours, but am impressed so far. The picture is great, only lacking a little in the black. The design is fantastic and it hardly takes up any space on the desk.
I can finally use my Mac mini and MBP at 1920x1080.

Very happy!

Did you find the hidden but present bezel disappointing?

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
Picked up a Jawbone UP 2.0. I also got one for my fiancée. I know they won't magically get us into better shape, but its a fun motivator. I used to be a pretty big gamer, so stuff like this helps keep it fun.

Anyone else have one?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362281721.063272.jpg
*website photo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.